TESTERS WANTED! ×

What are you hoping to test this year?

STUDque

I have a feeling that the testing of the new Mizuno JPX irons will be the grandaddy of all testing.

As I was blessed to be picked for the Ping testing,I will let others get a chance and look at replacing my 910 Driver next season.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

personally hoping to have an opportunity to test a set of irons that look as good as a blade but are WAY more forgiving coupled with a soft forged feel and ooze confidence from the 3 or 4 iron thru to SW. Does that exist (yet), time will tell.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I think that with the way technology is going and "jacked lofts" there are a couple of things that will progress in the future. The combo set will become more normal, it is difficult to gap the clubs correctly with the hot faces and different lofts. I also believe that the "bread" of the bag continues to be a struggle for most golfer. What I mean by that is, of course wedges, but also the top end of the bag. I see a lot of posts regarding 4 iron, hybrid, driving iron, 3w, 4w, 5w, etc. So I would like to see opportunities for combo sets, and something focused on the top and bottom of the bag. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I go back and forth on this a bit each time testing applications are posted.

While I'd love to test some of the new irons coming out, I worry that having not gamed a set newer than 2012 that I may not be able to provide the best comparison vs the current marketplace. I've done some testing with a launch monitor, but that's not going to compare to playing several rounds with a set. My primary interest in wanting to test irons is consistency. I am not particularly interested adding yards - I'm concerned with accuracy and control trying to get as tight as I can on the spread.

After irons, I'm always curious how effective training aids are. Specifically, beyond training for swing speed how helpful are all the different gadgets out there. 

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

I go back and forth on this a bit each time testing applications are posted.

While I'd love to test some of the new irons coming out, I worry that having not gamed a set newer than 2012 that I may not be able to provide the best comparison vs the current marketplace. I've done some testing with a launch monitor, but that's not going to compare to playing several rounds with a set. My primary interest in wanting to test irons is consistency. I am not particularly interested adding yards - I'm concerned with accuracy and control trying to get as tight as I can on the spread.

After irons, I'm always curious how effective training aids are. Specifically, beyond training for swing speed how helpful are all the different gadgets out there.

I disagree with that! In fact that would make you a better candidate for iron testing because the average consumer replaces irons every 5 years or so.

And I'm with you on consistency. Heck, if you read my stage 1 and stage 2 of my Mizuno jpx tour irons and you'd see that's exactly what I focused on

Archived