TESTERS WANTED! ×

Rebuilding driver-epoxy question

I can get 2 sets of heads only of KZG, 1 set is forged CB, the other is Forged MB. They are 179 each, I want to make a combo set, so I'm thinking that for about, 550 or so I can make a really nice set, is it worth it?

I've heard of KZG, I just don't know a lot about them. I do all my own club work, the only thing I would need to have done is loft and lie adjustments, I have a friend that has a that ability so that cost should be minimal. As a Lefty it's difficult to find anything I want to swing before I buy. So these could be a good option. Just want to make sure they are legit good before I buy. I am going to check others, but the price seems good, almost too good. That's why I'm a bit skeptical.

Sorry I missed this reply but I will say definitely go for it. I just put together another set of KZG Forged Cavity Backs and I'm not switching these out again. I had major sellers remorse when I sold mine to Plaid last spring. I almost messaged him to ask if he'd sell them back to me.

I think the original KZG Forged Cavity irons are the perfect blend of players and GI iron. They have thinner soles but great turf interaction. The perimeter weighting makes them plenty forgiving. I built my latest set with KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff shaft soft stepped once. I am super happy with them.

If you want a classic looking club that performs you cant go wrong with these.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

I do too

Sent from my SM-G950W using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I prefer a higher sheer strength. Most of the stuff that's quick set it below 3000psi, some well below it. Any clubmaker training out there teaches one to use the higher sheer strength. I don't sacrifice quality for a few minutes personally. Plus a lot of the quick set stuff has bad batches routinely come through

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I prefer a higher sheer strength. Most of the stuff that's quick set it below 3000psi, some well below it. Any clubmaker training out there teaches one to use the higher sheer strength. I don't sacrifice quality for a few minutes personally. Plus a lot of the quick set stuff has bad batches routinely come through

The Golfworks 2-part is below 3000, but just barely at 2900. When I went through Mitchell Golf's club building school in the mid 2000s they used quick set 2-part exclusively. I don't dispute what you're saying, but as long as it's well mixed I've never had an issue using Quick set.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Archived