QuietStorm

Qutting Golf

I think if you're writing on this forum that you want to quit you really don't. Lower your expectations and go out and have fun.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

As a matter of fact, I just bought another 5 wood with a shaft that suits me. Last night, I have Modus 105 installed in all my wedges. I need a psychiatarist.

• Like 4

As a matter of fact, I just bought another 5 wood with a shaft that suits me. Last night, I have Modus 105 installed in all my wedges. I need a psychiatarist.

I think from time to time all of us who play this game need one.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Been playing for 40+ years since I was 5 and went though quite a few times where I felt that. The problem is I can't sit idle and always have to do something active so golf keeps driving me back to practice then to the course. Golf is constantly a roller coaster of a game. 

I basically quit when I went to college and chose not to try out for the team (because I thought I wouldn't make it). I'd play a couple of rounds a year, even though I continued to work at the club and caddy during the summer.

Once I got out of school and started working and making a little money, I picked it back up. My handicap was double what it was in high school, and I finally had to realize that I just wasn't good enough to warrant getting mad. And once I made peace with that, I started having fun again. I now play a fair amount, and I'm almost as good as I was in high school. But I have to remind myself that I'm still really not all that good. So still no need to get mad.

• Like 4

I hear ya Looper. I love/hate to play with guys that get angry, throw clubs, and such. We're usually gambling so once a guys starts with that crap I know I've got him.

Makes them even madder. LOL

• Like 3

I hear ya Looper. I love/hate to play with guys that get angry, throw clubs, and such. We're usually gambling so once a guys starts with that crap I know I've got him.

Makes them even madder. LOL

I have a golf "frenemy" that is much better than me (near scratch), but he goes absolutely ballistic if he misses a shot by just a touch. And once he does, that's it for him. First you get into his head, then you get into his pocket ;-)

• Like 2