TESTERS WANTED! ×

New Driver Recommendation

Ronoc

Man, if you knew me, you would know I've been laughing every second of each post! This is fun. I think even Bobcat knows I'm just giving him crap for a driver NOBODY has seen or heard of before.

All of this is in good fun... For me. Like my wife says, “You just like to stir the pot!” Yep, I do!...

stirthepot.png  SO NOW HE HAS CONFESSED!

Yeah, and now that you've been 'BUSTED', (i.e.exposed for what you came here to do), you may never be taken 'seriously' on this forum again, so now I'm laughing harder than before.. :lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND HENCEFORTH, YOU'LL BE  ON MY IGNORE LIST!... :ph34r:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But first, sincere condolences to your long-suffering wife!..  :rolleyes:   

Headcover Small.jpgSorry you never heard of this!

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, if you knew me, you would know I've been laughing every second of each post! This is fun. I think even Bobcat knows I'm just giving him crap for a driver love so deep, no one has ever seen or heard of before.

All of this is in good fun... For me. Like my wife says, “You just like to stir the pot!” Yep! I do...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I've been assuming that you've been giving crap to bobcat over his misguided love to a very second-rate driver.

Bobcat, I'm well aware that I can get an SLDR-C via post, but I don't want to as I have dignity, and I can buy a Callaway XR16 for the same money - which is a much better driver!!

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50

Callaway MD4 - 56 & 60 degrees

Putter: Taylormade TP Collection Soto

Golf Ball: Titliest Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star 

So, after reading this entire thread I've come to a conclusion. The cat is seriously in love with his driver, to a point where I would say has an obsession. But I'll give it to the guy, you'll not change his mind about it. To be honest I'm a little envious. I've never loved a club like that. Usually after a year it's gone. Sorry to the OP for this getting highjacked

CobraConnectChallenge3

Kieldog, I've been 'assuming' that you're been giving crap to bobcat over his love for what we both 'assume' is a second-rate driver.. 

Bobcat, I'm well aware that I can get an SLDR-C via ebay, but I can buy a Callaway XR16 for the same money - which I 'assume' is a better driver!!

While you should always play whatever works the best for YOU, 'beware of 'assuming too much' when shopping for a driver!.  :)

I prefer to base my buying decisions on actual measured performance, (outdoors), rather than making 'assumptions' about any particular brand/model, related to it's original Retail price!.. B)

For those who have never experienced it, the (redesigned-for-2015) 'C' model is a much-improved SLDR Driver in a different shape, and introducing it was the right thing for TM to do, given the original, (2013-2014), SLDR's reputation for lacking forgiveness!.  :rolleyes:

The best way to measure overall driver performance is through 'average' driver distance and the 'percentage of fairways hit'.  Players are often 'surprised', even 'shocked' at which Driver wins using that criteria!.. :o

Players these days often make buying decisions based on marketing hype and/or their local Retailer's indoor launch monitor distance on best hits, while for the most part, ignoring the importance of accuracy and forgiveness... :blink:

The driver that offers you the best 'blend' of distance, accuracy, and forgiveness is the one that will help you play your best golf!  Great sound and feel are nice attributes too, and the SLDR-'C' delivers...it put a check mark in every box!... :wub: . 

Headcover Small.jpgSo do 'assume' the 'C' is best for ME! Kusala61.jpg 

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

I seriously think bobcat needs to get in on the next forum member driver test.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Heck, I think TM should sign him as brand ambassador...

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

He'd probably reject any driver in favour of his obsession of the SLDR-C, unless it's the M3/M4.

Yeah, and now that you've been 'BUSTED', (i.e.exposed for what you actually came here to do), you may never be taken 'seriously' on this forum again, so now I'm laughing (at you) even harder than before.. :lol:

Sincere condolences to your long-suffering wife!.. :rolleyes:

attachicon.gifHeadcover Small.jpgSorry you never heard of this!

Dude... You ACTUALLY changed my comments in your “quote”.... Really?!?! What a douchebag!

Now it is FULLY evident what type of person you are.

And it's all here to prove it...

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Perhaps you 'assume too much' when shopping for a driver!. :)

I find it best to base buying decisions on actual measured performance, (outdoors), rather than making 'assumptions' about any particular brand/model, related to it's original Retail price!.. B)

The (redesigned-for-2015) 'C' model is a much-improved SLDR Driver in a different shape, and introducing it was the right thing for TM to do, given the original, (2013-2014), SLDR's reputation for lacking forgiveness!. :rolleyes:

The best way to measure overall driver performance is through 'average' driver distance and the 'percentage of fairways hit'. Players are often 'surprised', even 'shocked' at which Driver wins using that criteria!.. :o

Too many players make buying decisions based on marketing hype and/or their local Retailer's indoor launch monitor distance on best hits, while for the most part, ignoring the importance of accuracy and forgiveness... :blink:

The driver that offers you the best 'blend' of distance, accuracy, and forgiveness is the one that will help you play your best golf! Great sound and feel are nice attributes too, and the SLDR-'C' delivers!... :wub: .

attachicon.gifHeadcover Small.jpgSo 'assume' the 'C' is best for me! attachicon.gifKusala61.jpg

By the way, I'm STILL waiting for a fitter for this club in the surrounding EIGHT STATES. Seems you've forgotten to address that.

Nnnnnope. It's very obvious it wouldn't be unbiased.

Bobcat would probably reject ANY driver in favor of his SLDR-C, unless it's the M3/M4...

Allow me to put an end to that M3/M4 'speculation'... B)

No!...I will NOT be buying any M3/M4 (Twist Face) Drivers!..  :D

I REMAIN QUITE satisfied2.jpg

WITH THIS COMBO!.. Headcover Small.jpg

Kusala61.jpg

BUT...satisfied3.jpg...THAT'S THE QUESTION NOW!.. :rolleyes:  

Currently play the Epic. Went to show as a guest. Tried the Rogue and saw no need to upgrade. The M3/M4 made me want to try them again for second look as did Ping G400Max.

However, just left Mizuno demo day (they weren't at show) and hit ST280 and GT180. Bottom line is I placed an order for the GT after hitting about 50 balls with both it and my Epic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Callaway Epic driver

(Not delivered yet)

Titleist 917 D2 driver

Titleist C16 irons or

Callaway Apex16 irons

Callaway Apex hybrids

Scotty dual balance notchback putter

Currently play the Epic. Went to show as a guest. Tried the Rogue and saw no need to upgrade. The M3/M4 made me want to try them again for second look as did Ping G400Max.

However, just left Mizuno demo day (they weren't at show) and hit ST280 and GT180. Bottom line is I placed an order for the GT after hitting about 50 balls with both it and my Epic.

What was the basis for the decision? Did you do a launch monitor comparison and what gains did you see?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

What was the basis for the decision? Did you do a launch monitor comparison and what gains did you see?

No launch monitor. Setup was as equal as possible. Same shaft, same flex, same degree (11.5).

Was at far end of range so I could track how far off line (both were constantly 1-3 yards off center for me and not different at all for me). Mizuno tended to “appear” to hang in air longer. Ball went between 5-10 yds longer consistently on the fly and had equal roll out (ended up 5-10 yds past Epic). I also preferred feel off of club head. As “scientific “ as I could get without a monitor.

I will note that there is a different feel between the ST and the GT off of the face. Both good, just different. Not sure how to explain.

Callaway Epic driver

(Not delivered yet)

Titleist 917 D2 driver

Titleist C16 irons or

Callaway Apex16 irons

Callaway Apex hybrids

Scotty dual balance notchback putter

Allow me to put an end to that M3/M4 'speculation'... B)

No!...I will NOT be buying any M3/M4 (Twist Face) Drivers!..  :D

I REMAIN QUITE attachicon.gifsatisfied2.jpg

WITH THIS COMBO!.. attachicon.gifHeadcover Small.jpg

attachicon.gifKusala61.jpg

BUT...attachicon.gifsatisfied3.jpg...THAT'S THE QUESTION NOW!.. :rolleyes:  

I knew it! Considering how twisted Bobcat is already, an M3/M4 is only going to make it worse!!

satisfied3.jpgUNSATISFIED.jpg

...An M3/M4 is only going to make it worse!

So you're still not 'satisfied'?...Well, perhaps you need a 'lesson'..  :P

Is it just a 'coincidence' that 'mdumble' rhymes with 'stumble'?.. :D

Although at this point, there's likely some 'karma' involved too!.. :rolleyes:

karma.jpg  YEP, THAT'S KARMA!

YOU CAN   stumble.jpg  MDUMBLE

BUT A (M3/M4) 'MISSTEP' WILL JUST 'TWIST YOUR ANGLE' MATE! 

TwistedAnkle.jpgTHAT'S WORSE THAN A SPRAIN!

australia.pngSO PUT ASIDE THOSE 'AUSSIE RULES'

Headcover Small.jpg  AND CONSIDER THIS!

Kusala61.jpg

BE MORE satisfied2.jpgFOR LESS $$$

WITH A DRIVER THAT WILL...

standthetest.pngbearExec.jpg

No launch monitor. Setup was as equal as possible. Same shaft, same flex, same degree (11.5).

Was at far end of range so I could track how far off line (both were constantly 1-3 yards off center for me and not different at all for me). Mizuno tended to “appear” to hang in air longer. Ball went between 5-10 yds longer consistently on the fly and had equal roll out (ended up 5-10 yds past Epic). I also preferred feel off of club head. As “scientific “ as I could get without a monitor.

I will note that there is a different feel between the ST and the GT off of the face. Both good, just different. Not sure how to explain.

I preferred the ST but regardless I had a similar experience to you only mine was launch monitor only.

The Mizuno blew away the other drivers that I tried and my gamer. I tried drivers from Calloway and Ping. I went for the Ping.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 2 weeks later...

I preferred the ST but regardless I had a similar experience to you only mine was launch monitor only.

The Mizuno blew away the other drivers that I tried and my gamer. I tried drivers from Calloway and Ping. I went for the Ping.

I've been patiently waiting for my local GG to get the new mizuno in stock to try. From the few reviews i seen, this gt may be my new weapon of choice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The 'C' undoubtedly stands for cat.  And in reference to the M3/M4, I won't be buying a lemon-faced driver anytime soon.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

The 'C' undoubtedly stands for 'CLASSIC' and in reference to the M3/M4, I won't be buying a 'twist face' driver anytime soon.

Right on,Ping Man,,,I won't be buying a 'twist face' either... :P

Headcover Small.jpg The last of TM's 'Classic' Drivers!

I PREFER 100% TITANIUM OVER ANY MULTI-MATERIAL CLUBHEAD!

sldrcFACE.jpg

THE 2015 TAYLORMADE SLDR-C (CLASSIC) DRIVER 

SLDRCrownLarge.jpg

And your 'last chance' to buy one may very well be via the link below!

.New TaylorMade SLDR C 460 Driver (9.5-) - RH- TaylorMade SLDR 57 Regular - eBay

:lol:

:lol:

Hey Bobcat. Guess what I bought the other day? Another 2014 SLDR for a backup! Can't get enough baby.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Hey Bobcat. Guess what I bought the other day? Another 2014 (original) SLDR for a backup! Can't get enough baby.

Glad that one of the original SLDR models has worked for you PlaidJacket, but I am sure there are also Forum Members here who found the original 2013-2014 SLDR Drivers very lacking when it came to forgiveness.

To be more specific regarding to the 'forgiveness' issue, the original SLDR models are particularly prone to a 'low left', (almost a duck hook), type of mishit, and those misses seem to come 'out of nowhere' even for better players.  It can happen even when you put a good swing on the ball. 

Furthermore, the 14* of loft you are using seems a bit 'extreme' for a driver loft, although I concede there is a clear 'need' to 'loft up' with any of the original SLDR Drivers. That 'loft up' requirement alone is a good indication that these original SLDR models are far more demanding than other Drivers for most players!

That said, the redesigned-for-2015 SLDR-'C' model is the lone SLDR Family 'exception' to the 'loft up' requirement, as well as the aforementioned forgiveness issues.  That is the reason why the SLDR-C replaced a Tour issued 12* original SLDR 430 model in my bag several years ago. (Actual loft was 11.7* with a 2* open face angle).

While I recommend 'The SLDR Fix' primarily to resolve the 'mishit' (low left) problems of the original models, this 'fix' ;should also increase launch angle enough that most people won't need the maximum 14* lofted model that TM only made available because of all the SLDR loft issues people were seeing on the original models B)

To find 'the SLDR Fix' and learn just how to apply it, just CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW THEN SCROLL DOWN TO POST #77. You'll find it there!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you follow 'the SLDR Fix' instructions carefully, you can finally say goodbye to the 'low hook miss' on your original SLDR Driver and you should also see an improvement in your launch angle as well!  You'll also learn just why the original SLDR Driver is so prone to those 'mishits'.

SLDR Anonymous Meeting - Equipment - GolfWRX - Page 3

'The SLDR Fix' is recommended for any of the original 2013-2014 models of the SLDR Drivers including the 430, 460, and the Silver 'S' model  There are actually several ways to apply it, and a few examples of that are shown in the pics below:.

Can you spot the (2) specific sole plate locations where 'the SLDR Fix' has been applied on the (3) original SLDR Drivers shown below?

sldrFIX.jpg

SLDRFix1.jpg

SLDRFix2.jpg

Bobcat, I found your SLDR FIX posting to be very informative. But I have to tell you; I've never experience any of the issues you or others might have experienced. Especially the Low left hook. Sure I'll hit one on rare occasion but it has nothing to do with the SLDR head. The SLDR I own must be one of "those" clubs including the stock TM Fujikura Speeder 57 S flex it came with where all the stars align. I'm a guy that plays professionally fit clubs throughout my bag. However, the SLDR I have is strictly OTR and it works. The only modification I've made was inserting a ShotMaker in the shaft. It improved the feel a ton and I love it. It's also possible that it may have tightened my shot disbursement a bit also.

I used to never be known as all that great off the tee. That is until I got a SLDR. It's been a FW finding machine. Most days I play from the fairway on holes where a driver is required. Granted, I'm not a long hitter either. Total distance 248-250 yards on average. But I'd guess that's pretty decent for a guy 63 years old. I get a very predictable shot shape with the SLDR also. Mid-high draw.

My drives with the SLDR are equal to or surpass the guys in my pier group. I probably play the oldest model driver of just about anyone I know. Most guys I play with regularly purchase a new driver every year. They're searching for distance and accuracy. But their not getting it. I witnessed that again just today.

Will the SLDR I just purchased perform as well and as consistently as my daily SLDR? I hope so. But I won't know until the day comes when I need to break it out. Will the new SLDR require the SLDR FIX? It might. And if so I'll try it. But for now I'm not messing up a good thing.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Bobcat, I found your SLDR FIX posting to be very informative. But I have to tell you; I've never experience any of the issues you or others might have experienced. Especially the Low left hook. Sure I'll hit one on rare occasion but it has nothing to do with the SLDR head. The SLDR I own must be one of "those" clubs including the stock TM Fujikura Speeder 57 S flex it came with where all the stars align. I'm a guy that plays professionally fit clubs throughout my bag. However, the SLDR I have is strictly OTR and it works. The only modification I've made was inserting a ShotMaker in the shaft. It improved the feel a ton and I love it. It's also possible that it may have tightened my shot disbursement a bit also.

I used to never be known as all that great off the tee. That is until I got a SLDR. It's been a FW finding machine. Most days I play from the fairway on holes where a driver is required. Granted, I'm not a long hitter either. Total distance 248-250 yards on average. But I'd guess that's pretty decent for a guy 63 years old. I get a very predictable shot shape with the SLDR also. Mid-high draw.

My drives with the SLDR are equal to or surpass the guys in my pier group. I probably play the oldest model driver of just about anyone I know. Most guys I play with regularly purchase a new driver every year. They're searching for distance and accuracy. But their not getting it. I witnessed that again just today.

Will the SLDR I just purchased perform as well and as consistently as my daily SLDR? I hope so. But I won't know until the day comes when I need to break it out. Will the new SLDR require the SLDR FIX? It might. And if so I'll try it. But for now I'm not messing up a good thing.

You got me wanting to try one of those 14 degree SLDR drivers!  :D

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

You got me wanting to try one of those 14 degree SLDR drivers!  :D

You might like it OG.

Listen everyone, I'm not implying that I'm the greatest driver of the ball of all time or that I'm even that hot of a player. But I do alright. However, and probably for several reasons this particular driver has been a game changer for me. I want to add that when I first got it I had mixed feelings/results with it. But like most people I think with new clubs; I grew into it. I worked with the club shortly after getting it and made various adjustments to it until I got it dialed in. Also, in 2015 I started taking lessons from a local instructor. The lessons helped all aspects of my game. Mostly my iron play. Oddly enough, we only worked with the Driver one time. That being outdoors with a Trackman. All my numbers were good so we never revisited it. This SLDR I own is; "one of those clubs" that is special for some reason. We've all had one. Especially if you've played golf for as long as I have. Sitting here this morning I'm looking over at my old H-B Louisville persimmon driver. It's a beautiful old wooden driver. It's about the size of a modern day 3-wood perhaps. But I used to wear that thing out back in the day. It was one of "those clubs".

I also mentioned above that I have a ShotMaker installed in the shaft. I can't say it turned my SLDR into a lethal weapon or anything but I like how the ShotMaker makes a driver feel. It was noticeable from the first strike. I even installed one in my Wishon 929 4w. Does a ShotMaker help a driver? I think it does; especially shot disbursement.

Here's a link to MGS very first Lab featuring the ShotMaker. https://mygolfspy.com/harrison-shotmaker-review/

I think it's abundantly clear at this point that the original (2013-2014) SLDR Driver's lack of forgiveness issues are due to clubhead design, rather than any kind of shaft problem.. B)  

Still waiting for that press release about the SLDR C

You mean you didn't read the Golfsmith weekly ad in 2015?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Archived