TESTERS WANTED! ×

New Driver Recommendation

Ronoc

There was indeed a Press Release for the SLDR-C Family of Drivers, Fairways, and Hybrids, but virtually no promotion was done by TaylorMade!

To understand why, it's worth noting that at the time of the SLDR-C Family announcement, (April of 2015), the R15 and AeroBurner were already in Retail Stores and had been actively promoted by TaylorMade as their 'latest and greatest'.  The timing of the SLDR-C announcement was therefore quite odd, and that coupled with TM's lack of additional budget for more 2015 ad campaigns resulted in virtually zero promotion being done for these more forgiving SLDR-C 2015 additions to an older, (2013-2014), SLDR Family of Metalwoods.  (The SLDR irons which are excellent in their own right, also received very little promotion due to the RSI irons campaign which followed so closely behind them).  Keep in mind also that TaylorMade also had a huge ad campaign planned for later in 2015 to promote the upcoming line of 2016 M-Family (Multi-material) Metalwoods.  With only so much money in their ad campaign budget, choices had to be made by the company, and of course, the SLDR 'name' was aleady very well-known by consumers!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What follows below is the actual text from TaylorMade's SLDR-C Press Release as written by Brian Bazzell back in April of 2015:

"The TaylorMade SLDR C Series Driver offers maximum distance, maximum control, and maximum value.  Its low and forward center of gravity (COG) promotes fast ball speed, high launch, and low spin for phenomenal distance, and the lower profile provides for easy-to-launch performance, and when addressing the shot, the head shape inspires confidence like no other club.  The distance of an SLDR is rooted in its low-forward CG location, which you'll find in the entire SLDR-C Family"

Brian Bazzell, 

Director, Product Creation Metalwoods

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Headcover Small.jpg

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still waiting for that press release about the SLDR C

Apparently you missed it back in April 2015, but you have it now!..  :rolleyes:

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Apparently you and I have very different views as to what constitutes a press release.

It's the equivalent to the Callaway xhot n14 clubs. Not an actual launch. Not part of the core portfolio.

They are value clubs from leftover stock

Apparently you and I have very different views as to what constitutes a press release.

It's the equivalent to the Callaway xhot n14 clubs. Not an actual launch. Not part of the core portfolio.

To suggest the SLDR-C Family comes from "leftover stock" is inaccurate, misleading, and a truly 'clueless' post comment!

clueless.jpg

While such 'clueless opinions' don't seem to matter, they are distortions of the actual facts and should not be tolerated, unless you want to support the spread of such misinformation on this forum.. <_>

What actually does matter is how a club performs for a particular individual, and I find the performance of this club exceptional. Furthermore, I much prefer all-titanium construction over an multi-material clubhead!.. :wub:

I take it you prefer something else and have never played an SLDR-C Driver, so I expect you will forever remain 'clueless' about how it performs!... :rolleyes:    

I do suspect you're actually a bit jealous,...Is it because you paid more, but got less?... :P

Rather than knocking my driver choice, I suggest you learn to 'love' your own Cobra Driver if that's possible...perhaps you can even recommend it since that is the thread topic here!  Maybe  doing that would also help you feel less 'jealous' of me and my equipment choices!..   :lol:

Headcover Small.jpg

Kusala61.jpg

tenor.gif

Leftover stock? That's truly a 'clueless' post!

However, 'clueless opinions' don't matter, what actually does matter is how a club performs for a particular individual, and I find the performance of this club excellent!

I take it you prefer something else without ever having played an SLDR-C Driver, so you shall remain 'clueless' about how it performs!

I think you're actually a bit jealous... :P

WTDnnwE.gif

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I'm out....You always win, bobcat

Not really, and it's certainly not about 'winners and losers' here, its just important to point out and correct your very misleading post!

Those who intentionally post obvious misinformation should not be 'surprised' when they are 'called out' by me, or someone else here for having done so!  

There can be consequences for bad actors!..  :o  

bobcatsnake.jpeg

Yes. Jealousy. Extreme jealousy

In “quoting” you, at least he didn't change the wording of one of your posts like he did mine! Classless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

In “quoting” you, at least he didn't change the wording of one of your posts like he did mine!

stirthepot.png

So you're back to 'stir the pot' again as in Post #31, PMookie, (aka Kieldog)?.. :rolleyes:

NEWSFLASH:  Using a different screen name won't keep you off my ignore list ...there's room there your 2nd screen name as well!..  :P

So you're back to 'stir the pot' yet again PMookie aka Kieldog?.. :rolleyes:

NewsFlash: Using a different screen name won't keep you off my ignore list...there's room there for your 2nd screen name as well!.. :P

Dayummmm we could of used you in Nam as a door gunner!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Damn, we could have used you in Vietnam as a door gunner!.. :P

VietnamVet.jpg    Ole gray was there!

Thank you for YOUR SERVICE Ole gray!.. :)

salute.jpg

flag.jpg

inMemory.jpg

Thank you for your service to our country!.. :)

attachicon.gifsalute.jpg

attachicon.gifflag.jpg

attachicon.gifinMemory.jpg

Dayuuummmm BC that's pretty cool dude!  Thank ya

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been a Titleist fan boy for the last 5 years. Everytime a new driver comes out, I'm definitely bias. That being said, with TaylorMade seemingly coming back down to earth from the 6 month cycle of 5 years ago, I honestly think I'll give them a shot. It's the most played driver on tour, might as well see what the hype is about. 

Driver:  :titelist-small: 915 D3 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana S+ Blue 60

3 Wood:  :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana S+ Blue 70

Hybrid:  :titelist-small: 712U 3 Iron - TT Dynamic Gold S300

Irons:  :titelist-small:  714 AP2 4-P - TT Dynamic Gold S300

Wedge:  :titelist-small: BV Raw Black SM5 52*.12*F, 56*.14*F, 60*.08*M - TT Dynamic Gold W Flex

Putter:  :scotty-small: 33" Cameron & Crown 6M Futura - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Bobcat. Guess what I bought the other day? Another 2014 SLDR for a backup! Can't get enough baby.

Where do you purchase the older model drivers and golf clubs, PJ?

My :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130 cart bag currently includes;

Driver: :srixon-small: z565 10.5*, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6 S-Flex
Fairways:  :callaway-small: X-Hot 15* & 18*, Project X PXv R-Flex
Irons: :benhogan-small:Apex Plus, 4-PW, Apex S4-Flex
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CG10; 50*, 54*, 58*, Dynamic Gold W-flex 

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro Blade #2
Grips: Golf Pride MCC-Plus 4 & Lamkin UTx
Ball: Kirkland Signature 3-Piece 

Where do you purchase the older model drivers and golf clubs, PJ?

I purchased both the SLDR and the FZ+ from ebay vendors/sellers. They were both brand new! And yes... they are both legit clubs.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I agree with a lot of the guys above - go check out drivers at the PGA Tour Superstore if there's one close by. They'll have a much larger selection of new and used clubs and they have a great points program. I went to Golf Galaxy and PGA TS before I bought the Cobra F8 driver and Corba F8 3w recently. GG only had Cobras I could demo and didn't have ones I could buy off the rack - I would have had to special order them. I ended up making my way to PGA TS, tried out over 10 drivers (TM M1 through M4, Cobra F8 and F8+, Titleist 917 D2 and D3, Callaway Rogue, Ping G400 and G400 max), and got a lot of assistance in doing so.

Regarding a recommendation for a new driver, check out the Cobras if you're budget allows! Year old Cobras are typically on the cheaper end of new drivers and I'm confident you'll bomb it with them. From the 3 that you've narrowed it down to, you can't go wrong with any of them, but my recommendation would be a Ping - They've always felt solid in my hands and seem to have a taller face than most other drivers, which makes me more confident when hitting them. Good luck in your search!

Disclaimer: Hammer217 was not paid for this endorsement of PGA Tour Superstore or Cobra....although he'd accept it if he were offered  :D

9 index - 30 years old - Dallas, TX
WITB:

Driver: Cobra F8 (10.5°) with Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65 stiff (45.75")

3w: Cobra F8 (15.5°) with Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 stiff (43.5")

5w: Taylormade R11S (19°) with Aldila RIP Phenom 70 stiff

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4-5 with Nippon NS 950 GH stiff
          Titleist 718 AP2 6-Gw (1° strong) with Nippon NS 950 GH stiff

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 (54.08M & 58.08M) with Nippon NS Pro 950 GH stiff

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport
Ball: Taylormade TP5x

*My grandfather’s MacGregor persimmon for good luck

"Read it, Role it, Hole it"

The Ping G30 LST is a remarkable driver IMO. Can't go wrong with the Ping G series. Pick your year...

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

The Ping G30 LST is a remarkable driver IMO. Can't go wrong with the Ping G series. Pick your year...

it looks magnificent

I'm still afraid to try it until I get my swing back....

I went back to the drawing board and just needing better weather to see my hard work pay off

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Archived