GolfSpy Stroker

El Tigre is BACK !

Not sure about you but I haven't been this excited to watch a golf tournament early in the season for a long time.  Really happy to have Tiger back in the mix.

How do you think he'll do this week?  Make/miss the cut?  Top 10?  WIN IT ALL !?!?!

• Like 3

I hope he wins them all, and is so focused on Sunday's that he doesn't talk to anyone.

Then I woke up. It's good to have him back, but my expectations are low. That way anything better than a missed cut is something to be happy about.

• Like 4

I hope he wins them all, and is so focused on Sunday's that he doesn't talk to anyone.

Then I woke up. It's good to have him back, but my expectations are low. That way anything better than a missed cut is something to be happy about.

Would love to see him right in the mix on Sunday..... get the old Tiger-intimidation-swagger back; man I loved those days.

• Like 4

Would love to see him right in the mix on Sunday..... get the old Tiger-intimidation-swagger back; man I loved those days.

Until I see it. I think those days are gone my friend. We always have the Champions Tour though...

• Like 4

I am hoping for competitive rounds, made cut, but keeping my expectations low.  Tough course to come back on.  Are there any waffle houses near Torrey?  That could sway my expectations...

• Like 3

Just to see him competitive would be nice

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm going to go with make the cut, finish in the top half of the weekend (top 35ish), but not threatening the lead. Torrey is doubtless a different animal altogether than the course in the Bahamas, but just on a skill-and-scoring basis, Tiger showed that he can still easily hang with the top-ranked players in the world.

• Like 2

I'll say it then, top page of the leaderboard.  Contends on Sunday but isn't going to win the first one.

He knows this course and has historically done well here.  

• Like 4

I'll say it then, top page of the leaderboard.  Contends on Sunday but isn't going to win the first one.

He knows this course and has historically done well here.  

I'm willing to get on board here—if his tee ball sin't finding the rough.

• Like 1

Here's what I'm thinking his weekend will look like.

Thursday: Will shoot reasonably below par and settle somewhere in the top 15

Friday: Will shoot great but so will everyone else. Makes the cut easily.

Saturday: Tough round with a couple "bad breaks" but still saves par enough stay in the top 20.

Sunday: Gets hot early to get on the front page before any of the leaders tee off but settles just outside the top 10 at finish.

This is also the recipe to feed the hype monster for the Master's.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I have a bad feeling it will be the Tiger we saw last, struggling and WDing because of back pain.  Hate to see someone who meant so much to the sport like this. 

Every time I see a tiger is back thread I sometimes read it without the is so I read it as Tigers back

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top 5. His swing is looking solid (well from an amateur's point of view it always looked solid 😁). Taking cues from the pros that have played with him saying he's swinging well. Unlike before, he's publicly showing his swing.

MDGolfHacker

Great to have him back playing golf.  Hope he can make the cut this weekend.  

Long term he has to be able to play tournament golf at least 3 weeks in a row without destroying his back.  It would be very difficult for anyone to play just a couple tournaments in a row and be competitive.  

I've read some, not-so-nice comments about his new swing, but I think his tempo and balance look great!

• Like 1

I've read some, not-so-nice comments about his new swing, but I think his tempo and balance look great!

I agree. It looks more like the Tiger circa 2000 swing. Obviously modified a bit, but I think he's got something good going.

• Like 2