TESTERS WANTED! ×

El Tigre is BACK !

StrokerAce

I am willing to guess that at least 75% of everyone one here is playing golf because of Tiger. Even when he is “down” he is still is owed a bit of gratitude, the game of golf would not be the same without him.

I see too many of us old coots on here for that number to be accurate. He wasn't even born when a good number of us started playing.

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST MaxRogue ST Max 3, 5 & 7 Wooda 
Irons -      Rogue ST MAX OS  5 - AW
Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*  

Putter -    ER2
Rangefinder -  NX9 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Soft Drip

Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally would have never even looked in golfs direction without Tiger. I had 3-4 posters on my room in 6-10th grade. Definitely thought golf was an old mans boring game before the dude... didn't hurt that we moved to a golf course. But my dad was watching the 97' Masters in an Air Port, the next week we both had clubs.

I never paid any attention to golf until 2015 when my friend got me to play and play using Spalding executives. I can say Tiger had no influence on whether I plaid or not and I'm in the under 30 generation who used to love Tiger. I would have to say that he did influence a few of my friends to pick up the clubs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tiger is back alright and making a mockery of TM's 'Twist Face'.  He can't keep it in the fairway with his new TM Driver...He's all over the course, both left and right...

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

Tiger is back alright and making a mockery of TM's 'Twist Face'. He can't keep it in the fairway with his new TM Driver...He's all over the course, both left and right...

Yea I think he is proving that the twist face is B.S.

Yea I think he is proving that the twist face is B.S.

Twist face =  screwed   ;)

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

OK guys, I'll hit you with the TM spin on the players missing the fairway with Twist Face:

"Just imagine how far they'd be missing the fairway without it. The Twist Face kept Rahm competitive when his swing was off!"

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I personally would have never even looked in golfs direction without Tiger. I had 3-4 posters on my room in 6-10th grade. Definitely thought golf was an old mans boring game before the dude... didn't hurt that we moved to a golf course. But my dad was watching the 97' Masters in an Air Port, the next week we both had clubs.

I was at the 97 Masters, had tickets for Saturday and Sunday.

I was turned off by Tigers entourage and air of entitlement.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

Tiger is back alright and making a mockery of TM's 'Twist Face'. He can't keep it in the fairway with his new TM Driver...He's all over the course, both left and right...

That's funny

Actually it proves what we know already, namely that of the shaft and the head the most important element to a golf club is the Indian.

The purpose of the bow and arrow are to free up the Indian to do his work. In the end they can't do it for him no matter how grand the design and perfect the fit.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

That's funny

Actually it proves what we know already, namely that of the shaft and the head the most important element to a golf club is the Indian.

The purpose of the bow and arrow are to free up the Indian to do his work. In the end they can't do it for him no matter how grand the design and perfect the fit.

A few of the TM guys were having trouble yesterday with the miracle club.

Tiger at least has the excuse that he is held together with nuts and bolts and duct tape. Not sure the excuse for the rest lol

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Tiger is back alright and making a mockery of TM's 'Twist Face'.  He can't keep it in the fairway with his new TM Driver...He's all over the course, both left and right...

Tiger has never been a great driver of the ball even at his best. Great iron player and phenomenal putter.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

One Tournament, and I am already sick of this Tiger BS. If this keeps up, I'm not sure I'll be watching much golf anymore. Sick and tired of it. C'mon, there's 70+ guys playing, let's see some golf.

Unfortunately I doubt this will change as long as he is playing golf, good or bad, I do agree with you even as much as I'm a TW fan, good news for today is he is more than half done so coverage will have no choice than to revert to leaders/ other players.

Unfortunately I doubt this will change as long as he is playing golf, good or bad, I do agree with you even as much as I'm a TW fan, good news for today is he is more than half done so coverage will have no choice than to revert to leaders/ other players.

I hate Tiger, always have. I am glad he is able to come back and play on the tour, he deserves to go out as a player and not due to injury. We all love Golf, I actually love watching Golf, I love watching everyone, and I don't mond that they show Tiger playing golf, but they show almost every shot, then show all the highlights of his round multiple times, when they could be showing the other 70 guys out there. My feeling is show everyone. What happens when DJ, Speith, Rickie, Tiger, JT, and all those boys are playing at the same time. I want to see them all.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I hate Tiger, always have. I am glad he is able to come back and play on the tour, he deserves to go out as a player and not due to injury. We all love Golf, I actually love watching Golf, I love watching everyone, and I don't mond that they show Tiger playing golf, but they show almost every shot, then show all the highlights of his round multiple times, when they could be showing the other 70 guys out there. My feeling is show everyone. What happens when DJ, Speith, Rickie, Tiger, JT, and all those boys are playing at the same time. I want to see them all.

Aside from hating TW I agree with you completely but it's all about ratings, like I said a few posts up this weeks ratings beat last years masters.

Aside from hating TW I agree with you completely but it's all about ratings, like I said a few posts up this weeks ratings beat last years masters.

This is mind boggling to me. The Masters being the most popular tournament in the world with exceptional popularity. I'd like to see the source for this claim.

I can't believe more people are watching today's final round over any final round of the Masters. That doesn't compute for me....

Cleveland

I'm getting a kick out of reading all the "hater" comments from everywhere on the internet...lol. What did you think was going to happen when arguably the greatest player ever came back to compete? Of course he will be the major focus!

Hate on haters..... I'm pulling for him to come back and give the whole damn tour a run for their collective money. It will probably take most of the season for him to figure things out, but he's doing a great job right now, even if he is "only" - 4 at Torrey Pines in his first real come back tournament...lol.

He's doing better than Phil....no?

I get that a lot of people hate the guy. I liken it to my personal feelings about the Patr*ots. I hate them! But I can respect that they are a good team. It seems the haters have forgotten just how good Tiger was.... and that he just might be competitive again. It's entertaining to say the least!

I'm getting a kick out of reading all the "hater" comments from everywhere on the internet...lol. What did you think was going to happen when arguably the greatest player ever came back to compete? Of course he will be the major focus!

Hate on haters..... I'm pulling for him to come back and give the whole damn tour a run for their collective money. It will probably take most of the season for him to figure things out, but he's doing a great job right now, even if he is "only" - 4 at Torrey Pines in his first real come back tournament...lol.

He's doing better than Phil....no?

I get that a lot of people hate the guy. I liken it to my personal feelings about the Patr*ots. I hate them! But I can respect that they are a good team. It seems the haters have forgotten just how good Tiger was.... and that he just might be competitive again. It's entertaining to say the least!

I've always thought Tiger was a POS. This isn't new. As I said I think it's good for him to get out and compete again. My problem is I don't care for the Media coverage of him and only him. Never have. Never will. That goes for any golf coverage of any one person. I think Golf is a better game to watch when Tiger isn't around. it has been so nice for the last 2.5 years or so that we actually got to watch other golfers. I guess I got spoiled seeing everyone. This coverage is poop. Unfortunately there isn't anything else to watch right now.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Tiger has never been a great driver of the ball even at his best. Great iron player and phenomenal putter.

Flip no disrespect but I really disagree. His first 5-7 years on tour he was the best driver of the ball on the planet. His driving was such an advantage that it literally led to the "Tiger Proofing" of courses as the misguided reaction.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Flip no disrespect but I really disagree. His first 5-7 years on tour he was the best driver of the ball on the planet. His driving was such an advantage that it literally led to the "Tiger Proofing" of courses as the misguided reaction.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

No doubt the longest for the first few years but not that accurate. Also hit a lot of stingers that found the fairway when he needed accuracy. Good driver, but not great.

No doubt the longest for the first few years but not that accurate. Also hit a lot of stingers that found the fairway when he needed accuracy. Good driver, but not great.

I just flipped on the tube and Tiger's drive was waaaay right. Did he forget his driver fitting at TaylorMade?  :blink:  jk   It just goes to show a proper fitting is not a cure all . 

I've been looking for the tv ratings that show this tournament has much better ratings than last year's Masters with no luck. Anybody?  Maybe they need to move the Masters from Augusta to California if the ratings are that much better....   :D  

Cleveland

I just flipped on the tube and Tiger's drive was waaaay right. Did he forget his driver fitting at TaylorMade?  :blink:  jk   It just goes to show a proper fitting is not a cure all . 

I've been looking for the tv ratings that show this tournament has much better ratings than last year's Masters with no luck. Anybody?  Maybe they need to move the Masters from Augusta to California if the ratings are that much better....   :D

Haven't been watching, but he has been struggling with the big dog. I'm busy changing grips and polishing clubs, get the gear ready for the season.

Haven't been watching, but he has been struggling with the big dog. I'm busy changing grips and polishing clubs, get the gear ready for the season.

Good luck with ya 2018 season and get out there and set some PBs.

Cleveland

Archived