Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Golf Stats.

GCSAA Supt

I was wondering if anyone could recommend an app or website where I could track my stats for the upcoming season.  I remember a few years ago there was a section on the golf channel website where you could log your stats. ie. fairways hit, bunker saves, greens in reg. etc.

I am looking for a way to quantify my playing with the goal of seeing exactly what I need to work on to improve.  I seem to mentally go over each round in terms of fairways hit, greens hit, number of putts etc, but would like to have all this in one location where I could see trends and spot weak area.

Thanks,

Jim

I was wondering if anyone could recommend an app or website where I could track my stats for the upcoming season. I remember a few years ago there was a section on the golf channel website where you could log your stats. ie. fairways hit, bunker saves, greens in reg. etc.

I am looking for a way to quantify my playing with the goal of seeing exactly what I need to work on to improve. I seem to mentally go over each round in terms of fairways hit, greens hit, number of putts etc, but would like to have all this in one location where I could see trends and spot weak area.

Thanks,

Jim

I've used an app called The Grint for a few seasons now. They have free and Pro versions and feel you can get plenty of stats from the free version

Driver: :callaway-small:  Rogue 9*, -1" length
FW: :callaway-small:  Epic SZ 13.5*, 18* -.5" length

Utility: :titelist-small:  816 H2 21*
Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF 16, std. lenght/lie
Wedges: :mizuno-small:  T7 Blue Ion, 52*, 56*, 60*
Putter: :odyssey-small:  #7S
Ball: K-sig (until I run out)

RH golfer from Detroit, MI with a 14 handicap, working towards single digits

Kind of depends what you want to do or how deep you want to go.

Of course you can use the old time trusted scorecard and then after your round enter into a spreadsheet. You can also track some basic stats in GHIN if you're a member at your club or elsewhere.

Going deeper there is Shot by Shot by Peter Sanders. He's the guy that actually invented "Strokes Gained". Not the ripoff artist Mark Brodie.

I've used SBS and liked it.

www.shotbyshot.com

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I've used Game Golf for the last couple of years. One plus of Game Golf is that you can get all the functionality from it even without buying the hardware, for free. It's certainly more tedious, but if you pull out your phone and tell it (before each shot) what club you're using, it'll keep the same GPS-based stats that it does with the tags. Another option, if you do buy the tags, is to use with any a phone with NFC: keep your phone in your pocket, and just tap the club on your phone before each shot.

The data is useful, though from what I've seen, the Arccos data seems a bit better organized. Even so, Game Golf breaks your game into four categories: off the tee, approach, short game, and putting, and it'll tell you where you're losing strokes (strokes gained) compared to other handicap levels. In addition, it'll give you your tendencies off the tee and on approach shots.

I am one who loves to have all this information, and the one downside for me has been that, in an effort to make sure I'm tracking everything, I can actually perform worse.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Game Golf and Arccos do everything that you are looking for. GG is cheaper, but I use it and it works great.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I got rid of Arccos when buying my i200s so I've been looking for the same thing for this upcoming season. If you want extra hardware, Arccos is the way to go. It tracks EVERYTHING. Other than that, The Grint works well and even tracks your handicap for you. I have it on my phone and will use it this season if the app, Hole19, which I downloaded yesterday doesn't work out.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I am really enjoying my Shot Scope V2. Would like a little more info about my iron misses but I think they have some changes in the works. Very pleased so far with shot recognition

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I use Golfpad you can track everything and even shows you the area you are on the course. Plus it's free

+1 for GolfPad, but I pay for it to get some of the extra features. There's definitely a compromise with it, though. Either you're constantly messing with your phone, you need to tag your clubs (and shell out the money for the tags), or you need to wear a smartwatch. But the data you get from it is eye-opening.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Golfshot

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I'm another GolfPad user. I was going to get the tags, but I figure that I'll be looking at my phone for the distance anyway, so it'll take an extra 0.05 seconds to mark my shot.

After the round I put everything into The Grint as well for handicap tracking.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

"Make me better" would be the golf channel website you're referring to. It ran for like 4-5 seasons then they shut it down. Bummer too because I got some really good data to help me improve in my early days of taking up golf.

If you want automated tracking, I'd recommend Shot Scope. They just released V2 that gives you GPS data on the watch and you don't ever have to worry about 'tagging.' I've seen ddryan use his and it seems to work seamlessly while allowing you to continue your normal routine. Then you can go online and digest data until you get your fill.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Swing x Swing and the premium cost isnt that bad. Putts, FIR, and handicap

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I tried going the very detailed route with stats, but ended up falling back to the basics. I use an app called Foursum. It's free and includes GPS, all your basic stats (with the ability to track things like sand saves if you want), calculated handicap, and a social aspect to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

I've been using the The as well and it's fine for free. Doesn't give you GIR percentage breakdown only the pro version does. But there's plenty of good stats to see. And you can print your handicap card too if you need it. It does force you to join a club though.

Krank Formula X Veylix Alpina 573 45" 9*

:755178188_TourEdge:CBX 3 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 43" 15*

Krank Formula X 5 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 42" 18*

Wishon Golf 775HS 3H Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X-Flex  39.75" 21*

Wishon Golf 585HI 3DI  same shaft as irons 38.25" 21*

Wishon Golf 575 MMC Forged 5-A N.S.Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Wishon Golf Micro-Groove HM S, L same shaft as irons 

:EVNROLL: ER7B Gravity Grip 35"

I have used Golfpad app. I have use the Apple Watch for tagging shots but you have to get the premium for a small cost. It also gives the distances to the green on the watch. You can also share the round with your buddy's. It also has loads of games that you can play. It works great.

Archived