TESTERS WANTED! ×

What's your on-course identity?

STUDque

Journalist in my past career, write sometimes to keep my mind loose. Working on a story based on a soccer management sim computer game I play. Published poet a few times over... So yeah, I've thought about it 😉😋😉

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Feherty: if he could drive the ball even remotely straight he would be a decent player. His short game saves him more than he should need ever need it to.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That adequately describes Tiger right now too.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Nice guy, fun to play with.

It's the exact opposite of real life.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Nice guy, fun to play with.

It's the exact opposite of real life.

You're so full of poo you're eyes are brown! :P :lol:

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

This thread could be a sort of help thread for guys that struggle with anger and frustration on the course. Talking with guys who understand, and have struggled with similar tendencies. I had a poor round yesterday, but other than a few words... there were no clubs thrown and no club slams into the ground, which for me is so good you have no idea. Having a place like this to vent and talk can be very therapeutic at times. Let's us know we aren't alone in the struggle.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

'Better Than Most'... :rolleyes:

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: :taylormade-small: 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s, (1/2" tip)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Tour issue 15* V-Steel 3W - Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff

Fairway/Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 15* Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" - VP-90 Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: #3 (19*) & #4 (22*) Rescue-Mid TP's - Vista Pro 90 Stiff 

Driving Irons: :taylormade-small: UDI #1 (16*) & #3 (20*) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Iron Set: :taylormade-small: SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff

Hybrid Wedges: :cleveland-small: 2011 Niblicks 42*PW, 49*DW, 56*SW - Stock

SW/LW: :cleveland-small: CG-16 Black Pearl 58* Low Bounce 8* - Stock Steel Shaft

Putter: :bettinardi-small: BBX-81 Blade - Stock Bettinardi Steel Shaft 

Sadly the other thing that helps me is playing with someone who is obviously their own worst enemy mentally. I play in two leagues and I run into several guys who inevitably make a bad hole or round worse through their actions. They hit one bad shot, and it leads to several successive bad shots/choices - totally unnecessary. Or they have a few bad holes, and they start going through the motions, give up on swing thoughts, course management and get generally quieter - the rest of the round is doomed, you might as well just go home.

If watching others do it doesn't learn you, maybe nothing will?

When I am playing with someone who is punishing themselves, I try to encourage them out of it, treading lightly.

I play in a seniors league and every week it seems there is at least one guy that completely self distructs. One guy in particular it's every week, nothing but total negativity. Not really sure why he even bothers coming out. If golf was making me that miserable I think I would find something else to do.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

I like to think of myself as one of those guys from the ping g10/i10 series commercials. Start out thinking “ Woah I'm hitting well today”. String together some pars, maybe birdie or two, feeling euphoric and not knowing how I'm playing so well. Then around 11-12, “Get lunch handed or clock cleaned”. Hold it together wearily, until 17/18, making either par or birdie, thinking, “That's why I keep coming back and should trust self and equipment”.

WITB 2021
Driver: Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 9* w/ C.Kua Stiff

FW: Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 15* w/ C.Kua Stiff

HY: Cleveland Launcher Halo 19* w/ C.Kua Stiff 

Irons: Titleist 716 AP1 4-PW w/ KBS 90 Stiff

Wedges: Vokey SM8 50*, 54*, & 60^

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Laguna 2 OR OG Futura

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1/V1x OR Chrome Soft TT

Bag: Sun Mountain 2019 4.5 14way carry

Clothes: Nike OR Under Armour 

Alot of my buddies call me second shot Bryan or say stuff like second shot Bryan is a pga pro. This is due to my ability to hit a really good shot from the same spot I just messed up from

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

Always been known as Mr.Clutch.The guy that can always get it done.Ive always preferred to be partnered with some of the mediocre or worse players in our groups.Gives me more motivation realizing all the pressure is on me.And I love the pressure.And love proving each time I'm the guy that can always get it done

Jim Nantz- Let's go down to Dottie Pepper at the 15th and see what's going on with Gauss on the back 9, Dottie?

Dottie Pepper- Hmm?

Nantz- What is happening down there at the moment? Gauss looks to be left of the trees that are left of the hazard

Dottie- Oh, I didn't see it. Did he hit?

Nantz- Sighs.  Peter Kostis what about you?

Kostis- Well let's take a look with the Konica Minolta BizHub. As we see the club move back he's got it pretty much on plane, then clears the left side into a full release. Huh. That move doesn't look that bad. Why, where did it go?

Nantz- Peter from what we can tell it went left to left. We can't really see him back in there.

Kostis- Nothing really looks that out of place but he doesn't strike the ball well at all does he?

Nick Faldo in the booth- No, Peter he doesn't look like he can play dead at his own funeral. Just dreadful.

Gary McCord- Speaking of funerals, they should put  him in a body bag over there? You hear that? A bodybag I said. Cause he's dead. After they bikini wax the greens again, of course.

CBS Fires McCord. Again.

And scene

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Jim Nantz- Let's go down to Dottie Pepper at the 15th and see what's going on with Gauss on the back 9, Dottie?

Dottie Pepper- Hmm?

Nantz- What is happening down there at the moment? Gauss looks to be left of the trees that are left of the hazard

Dottie- Oh, I didn't see it. Did he hit?

Nantz- Sighs. Peter Kostis what about you?

Kostis- Well let's take a look with the Konica Minolta BizHub. As we see the club move back he's got it pretty much on plane, then clears the left side into a full release. Huh. That move doesn't look that bad. Why, where did it go?

Nantz- Peter from what we can tell it went left to left. We can't really see him back in there.

Kostis- Nothing really looks that out of place but he doesn't strike the ball well at all does he?

Nick Faldo in the booth- No, Peter he doesn't look like he can play dead at his own funeral. Just dreadful.

Gary McCord- Speaking of funerals, they should put him in a body bag over there? You hear that? A bodybag I said. Cause he's dead. After they bikini wax the greens again, of course.

CBS Fires McCord. Again.

And scene

Beautifully written. Have you thought about that as a side gig?

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Beautifully written. Have you thought about that as a side gig?

Thanks but I haven't. 20 years of marriage have convinced me that she's right and I'm not as funny as I think I am

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Going on 25 and I haven't learned that yet. Although she continually insists on that very idea.

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

• 1 year later...

One week removed from Johnny Miller's retirement from broadcast, I've been reminded of this thread by the many compilations of Johnny-isms.

Anybody else care to share? Doesn't have to be Mr Miller

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I personally love wearing all black and sunglasses. No way you know what I'm thinking. Little bit of Gary Player and Dale Earnhardt.

Player was the OG man in black but for my generation it was this gangster.

IMG_3131.JPG
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

One week removed from Johnny Miller's retirement from broadcast, I've been reminded of this thread by the many compilations of Johnny-isms.

Anybody else care to share? Doesn't have to be Mr Miller
"If I'd had been in the gallery, I'd have gone home" there is some great truth to that

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Player was the OG man in black but for my generation it was this gangster.

IMG_3131.JPG.bd4c8f2bad9fe713b71ad59c36f28f7b.JPG

He was my favorite as a kid.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2