Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
GolfSpy STUDque

What's your on-course identity?

I like to think of myself as one of those guys from the ping g10/i10 series commercials. Start out thinking “ Woah I'm hitting well today”. String together some pars, maybe birdie or two, feeling euphoric and not knowing how I'm playing so well. Then around 11-12, “Get lunch handed or clock cleaned”. Hold it together wearily, until 17/18, making either par or birdie, thinking, “That's why I keep coming back and should trust self and equipment”.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Alot of my buddies call me second shot Bryan or say stuff like second shot Bryan is a pga pro. This is due to my ability to hit a really good shot from the same spot I just messed up from

• Like 3

Always been known as Mr.Clutch.The guy that can always get it done.Ive always preferred to be partnered with some of the mediocre or worse players in our groups.Gives me more motivation realizing all the pressure is on me.And I love the pressure.And love proving each time I'm the guy that can always get it done

• Like 1

Jim Nantz- Let's go down to Dottie Pepper at the 15th and see what's going on with Gauss on the back 9, Dottie?

Dottie Pepper- Hmm?

Nantz- What is happening down there at the moment? Gauss looks to be left of the trees that are left of the hazard

Dottie- Oh, I didn't see it. Did he hit?

Nantz- Sighs.  Peter Kostis what about you?

Kostis- Well let's take a look with the Konica Minolta BizHub. As we see the club move back he's got it pretty much on plane, then clears the left side into a full release. Huh. That move doesn't look that bad. Why, where did it go?

Nantz- Peter from what we can tell it went left to left. We can't really see him back in there.

Kostis- Nothing really looks that out of place but he doesn't strike the ball well at all does he?

Nick Faldo in the booth- No, Peter he doesn't look like he can play dead at his own funeral. Just dreadful.

Gary McCord- Speaking of funerals, they should put  him in a body bag over there? You hear that? A bodybag I said. Cause he's dead. After they bikini wax the greens again, of course.

CBS Fires McCord. Again.

And scene

• Like 4

Jim Nantz- Let's go down to Dottie Pepper at the 15th and see what's going on with Gauss on the back 9, Dottie?

Dottie Pepper- Hmm?

Nantz- What is happening down there at the moment? Gauss looks to be left of the trees that are left of the hazard

Dottie- Oh, I didn't see it. Did he hit?

Nantz- Sighs. Peter Kostis what about you?

Kostis- Well let's take a look with the Konica Minolta BizHub. As we see the club move back he's got it pretty much on plane, then clears the left side into a full release. Huh. That move doesn't look that bad. Why, where did it go?

Nantz- Peter from what we can tell it went left to left. We can't really see him back in there.

Kostis- Nothing really looks that out of place but he doesn't strike the ball well at all does he?

Nick Faldo in the booth- No, Peter he doesn't look like he can play dead at his own funeral. Just dreadful.

Gary McCord- Speaking of funerals, they should put him in a body bag over there? You hear that? A bodybag I said. Cause he's dead. After they bikini wax the greens again, of course.

CBS Fires McCord. Again.

And scene

Beautifully written. Have you thought about that as a side gig?
  • Like 1

Beautifully written. Have you thought about that as a side gig?

Thanks but I haven't. 20 years of marriage have convinced me that she's right and I'm not as funny as I think I am

• Like 2

One week removed from Johnny Miller's retirement from broadcast, I've been reminded of this thread by the many compilations of Johnny-isms.

Anybody else care to share? Doesn't have to be Mr Miller

I personally love wearing all black and sunglasses. No way you know what I'm thinking. Little bit of Gary Player and Dale Earnhardt.

Player was the OG man in black but for my generation it was this gangster.

IMG_3131.JPG
  • Like 3

One week removed from Johnny Miller's retirement from broadcast, I've been reminded of this thread by the many compilations of Johnny-isms.

Anybody else care to share? Doesn't have to be Mr Miller
"If I'd had been in the gallery, I'd have gone home" there is some great truth to that

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thanks for dusting this one off. I’m actually going to miss Johnny. I liked his constant gripes and telling players they suck in his sort of round about type of way.