Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Jpx900 driver

jbopp28

I liked it, couldn't buy it due to self imposed belt-tightening for a upcoming wedding.

The sound seemed more muted than Titleist 917 drivers, but not quite callaway epic muted.

Plenty of pop off the face. I wasn't able to get it all dialed in to really give you exact numbers as I want being fitted for it, but it was in the mix with all the drivers I was tinkering with. By that I mean ball speed, carry and dispersion were similar.

I think the sock speeder shafts are a great pairing- I was using the speeder evolution II 757 in x.

I hover the club head and don't sole it, so couldn't tell you how the face angle adjustment works, but our fitter at the club says it does it's job well. The cobra driver I am mainly using has something similar with the smart sole.

I have a tendency to strike the top 1/2 of the face so it felt best to me when the weights were in the rear most position.

I like the head shape and matte blue finish, and might sound weird I also liked the geometry of the face, callaway always seem to have this bulbous toe and smaller heel area.

Sorry to ramble on, but will finish with a nod to Mizuno woods which are so underrated, their irons just steal the spotight

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Archived