Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Contest Ideas for the forum?

hckymeyer

Hey guys and gals,

It's been a while since we've done any sort of contest stuff on here and thought I'd throw it out to the members to see if they had any cool ideas for one?

I've got a few ideas, but I'd like to hear from the people who are on here every day and use the forum.  

Anything you'd like to see us run?  Any types of prizes that would get you motivated?

Feel free to hit on any or all of these, but these are some of my goals with running something.

- Bring in new members

- Reward active members

- Have fun

- Open to everyone

- Keep the quality and sense of community we have here

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I wish there was some way to do a forum-wide tournament, with everyone using handicaps and taking into account the difficulty of their home course. But, I realize some people don't carry a handicap, and there would always be that one 15 hcp that just happened to shoot a 65. We could do something like fantasy golf for the Masters?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

How about placing bets for tournaments? Not sure if you'll have legal problems with that. But let's say people can bet real money to pick a winner and payout using Vegas odds.

The rest of the money can obviously be kept by MGS as "donations"

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

As far as prizes go, for people like me and I'm sure a few others, they don't have to be brand new. Like say you had a used Callaway Big Bertha Fusion driver. I would love to win that and be more than happy. Just an idea. I'm sure the lab has a few old test clubs that could use a good home.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'll just keep updating this post as I come up with ideas so I don't bomb the thread. +1 to those suggesting MGS swag. I'd be proud to win any of that because it would symbolize a trophy.

Original_________________________________

I think that multiple-prize lottery from the early days was pretty cool. A Super Bowl squares thing would be sweet as well.

As far as contests go, something that encourages posting would probably work. Of course, there would need to be rules that ensure "quality" posts but I think that part can be worked out. In a contest like this, finding a way to wrap in social media would be key.

As always, the prizes will drive new traffic. If you get good prizes (which MGS usually does), they will come.

Edit 1 _______________________________

If enough units of Arccos or Shot Scope are available, a tournament amongst the members would be super bad a$$. You could do an 8-man playoff where 4 are playing Arccos and 4 are playing Shot Scope then the winners of each bracket face off in the championship.

Edit 2 ________________________________

What about a speed golf challenge? You can have a carts division and an on-foot division. Add your time (in minutes) to your score then subtract away your handicap weighted to the course. An eliminator challenge would be good for that: bottom 2 of the pool are eliminated from each round until we get a final 2 and winner. 9 holes for each round would probably be enough.

Edit 3 ________________________________

I would really like to see photo caption contests make a comeback. They're super funny and will really get the forum talking. You can just hold a poll to see who wins.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I'd be down for some sort of rendition of the Cobra Connect challenge monthly. Obviously the winnings wouldn't need to be huge every week.

But I'm sure everyone would enjoy a MGS decal, tees, ball maker, bag tag...

Then quarterly if a sponsor would jump on it, something to “win” from them.

Instead of putting all of the burden on a staff member to run the smaller ones, tag an active trustworthy forum member to run the monthly ones.

That way you gentlemen could focus on the “big stuff” and then you'd have a list of potential Moderators if you need them again in the future.

Just my un-caffeinated morning jibberish.

Hey guys and gals,

It's been a while since we've done any sort of contest stuff on here and thought I'd throw it out to the members to see if they had any cool ideas for one?

I've got a few ideas, but I'd like to hear from the people who are on here every day and use the forum.

Anything you'd like to see us run? Any types of prizes that would get you motivated?

Feel free to hit on any or all of these, but these are some of my goals with running something.

- Bring in new members

- Reward active members

- Have fun

- Open to everyone

- Keep the quality and sense of community we have here

I'd start with trying to understand the objective for MGS. Is the highest priority gaining new members? Getting people to contribute? Getting more participating in the topics (addressing the lurkers), etc. etc. once those priorities are set then it's easy to follow up on contests as they would be a direct reflection of the priorities.

As far as prizes - it's always fun to win something. Doesn't need to be new, or large (but if I win I'd like a new LH G 400 driver). MGS stuff would be nice as well.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Membership drive and the spy than brings in the most new folks  wins a driver, putter, training aid, etc.  The kicker being the newbies brought in by current member must be somewhat active by making an occasional post or asking questions about equipment.  In other words not just a quick sign up name from bozo joe off the street. 

Donor drawing for all spies who donate.  Once a month put all the donors in a hat and draw for a cool MGS prize. 

Best thread prize where you award the winner with a MGS bag tag or something similar.

Spy of the Year award going to the person who gives back to MGS the most whether it be quality reviews, recruiting quality members, quality threads, and active participation on blogs etc.  The winner would automatically be included on  future OEM trips.  Last year two staffers and two members had an awesome time at Wilson Golf . 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I'm liking all of these ideas! It would be cool to maybe have some sort of contests during the majors. Maybe have everyone put in their top three picks to win and those who chose correctly get put into a drawing. I'm not sure how difficult that would be, I'm just spitballing.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I'm liking all of these ideas! It would be cool to maybe have some sort of contests during the majors. Maybe have everyone put in their top three picks to win and those who chose correctly get put into a drawing. I'm not sure how difficult that would be, I'm just spitballing.

You could also do the 3 picks along with the winning score as a tie-breaker, then if still tied have the drawing.

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

I would really like to see photo caption contests make a comeback. They're super funny and will really get the forum talking. You can just hold a poll to see who wins.

These are always fun, could post the pic on Social Media and make the rules the caption needs to be posted on the forum.

Definitely some kind of Masters pick 'em is always good

Maybe start a 'post of the month' or 'review of the month' type prize

Looks like MGS is obtaining new swag, i think those make great prizes (and good advertising when the winner is wearing/using those items.)   Especially some of the headcovers I've seen on social media in the past, but they haven't been for sale

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

The more I think about the Major prediction, maybe just choose the winner. Picking the top 3 might be a little tough haha.

I do like the photo caption contests, those are always a lot of fun! There could potentially be contests revolved around the Most Wanted testing as well. Have people pick which brands took the podium spots.

The more I think about the Major prediction, maybe just choose the winner. Picking the top 3 might be a little tough haha.

I do like the photo caption contests, those are always a lot of fun! There could potentially be contests revolved around the Most Wanted testing as well. Have people pick which brands took the podium spots.

It wouldnt have to be the top three, it could be the total score of the three chosen.  Total lowest score wins!

It wouldnt have to be the top three, it could be the total score of the three chosen. Total lowest score wins!

Ahhh, yeah never thought of it that way! I like that.

I remember we had a Member of the Month in the forum, but i know that tales a lot of extra work and tracking by the Mods. If that were resurrected, Mods or forum could nominate 3 members per month or quarter that you notice have a lot of contribution and then do a forum vote on the winner. MGS swag would always be awesome, i'm waiting for those new head covers to debut in the shop. 

Also doing a pick 'em for the Majors would be awesome. 

I love the idea of a caption contest

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Someone above suggested a MGS Tournament. I tried to suggest this a few times and even submitted some basic guidelines. It ain't going to happen. But was fun thinking about it.

I'm not much of a contest guy really. Unless it's a golf playing contest. In that case count me in.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Someone above suggested a MGS Tournament. I tried to suggest this a few times and even submitted some basic guidelines. It ain't going to happen. But was fun thinking about it.

I'm not much of a contest guy really. Unless it's a golf playing contest. In that case count me in.

Just because it hasn't happened before, that doesn't mean it can't happen in the future. With the current state of the forum, I think we've got more than enough willing and able bodies for a tournament. Bracket style vs field.

It would be almost totally based on honor scoring since we're spread out but that's what golf is built on anyway.

It's not even that much of a stretch to require players to take a fellow MGS member along for the round as an attest. Can't hook up with any MGS members? Make your regular playing buddies sign up

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

The contest ideals so far are great.  

I really like a monthly "participation" award of some sort.  Put the top 20 in post count and number of likes for the month into a drawing for some sort of swag.  If a new member wants to jump in and post it does not take that long to qualify for the drawing.  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

Majors only fantasy golf pick-ems. For every major the people that enter choose 3 players, but instead of points it's the total earnings of the players. Ex for the masters I chooses golfers 1,2,3 and when the masters ends my total is $500,000. Person with most money after all four majors wins a prize and there could be like second and third place prizes too. Entry could be like $10 to fund prizes 🤷🏼‍♂️

I really like the pick'em ideas for majors; I know some companies like Rool run stuff like that also.

I like the idea of rewarding active members, especially the Day 1s and mods. A member tournament would be awesome, but with so many different areas to cover, it would be tough.

I really like the photo caption idea also. I guess the only additional idea I can come up with would be like a funny or awesome member video every month that gets picked to be rewarded; a sweet snipe or a hole out/in one. I don't know what half of all you spies look like with all the different avatars (myself included).

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

• 2 years later...

Why not do an easy office pools (only cost the MGS $25, you pick one pro from the 6 groups, Easy Office dies ti all for you. Winner could get perhaps complete set of clubs etc. I have entered a few here in Winnipeg and actually won one here last end of summer, I won 4 free passes with a cart to a course I actually never played before. It was a lot of fun, met some neat people at the course.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

• 6 months later...
On 1/25/2018 at 12:52 PM, poprocksncoke said:

It wouldnt have to be the top three, it could be the total score of the three chosen.  Total lowest score wins!

Easy Office pools does it that way you pick 6 golfers from 6 tiers, your best 4 golfers with the lowest score wins. Tie breaker is you say how much over or under par for the winner. Check them out.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.