• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    JuniperRocker

• By cksurfdude
      Happened across this very clever solution on Insta...
      Edit: Not a penalty anymore - *IF* the double-tap was unintentional... Thx, cnosil. (But you still have to be an adept trick shot artist - and s very good actor to pull it off!)
    • By Kansas King
      I am looking at buying a set of 2009 Callaway X-Forged or Razr X Forged. I played the 2007 X-Forged but since they were non-conforming, I switched to the Bridgestone J38 Dual Pocket Cavity (great clubs). I have the itch to go back to the Callaway forgings due to their weight (D2) (Bridgestone are a D1). Plus, I really like the look and feel of them.

The Question:

The 2009 X-Forged has grooves that are spaced "normal" but the Razr X Forged has the tightly spaced conforming grooves. Are the tighter grooves good or bad? (I've heard they don't change much) Additionally, does anyone know if the 2009 X-Forged (Version 2 on USGA Conforming Database) from Callaway have conforming grooves. The USGA database says additional testing required (ATR).

If you have any input on how tighter grooves play it would be appreciated. I remember the conversations about it back in the day but I can't seem to find anything about it now.

I'm a 5 handicap FYI.

Thanks!
    • By puttingpirate
      Hey guys.

I've been lucky to be able to afford a lot of golf stuff, and as an addict I constantly add new things to the collection  
      I'd like to do a giveaway of some stuff like rain suits, tees etc... as I don't use them, and not really feeling like selling them on the bay.

Are there any rules I should follow? Is it ok to post it in the contest section?

Thx
    • By golfinnut
      That guy ... you know the one that thinks he is better than he actually is. 

He may do some of the following:

line up every putt as if it's for the U.S. Open take as much time lining up the putt for an 8 that he does for a par get mad at someone because they "took the tee box from you" .... just because we are in the interest of slow play, we like to play "ready golf" ... especially when there is a storm clearly heading our direction! spend 10 minutes looking for the ball that was clearly hit OB just because you are the last group off in the league and there is no one behind you blame every missed shot on something other than what it actually is ... "Oh I pushed that one."  or "Damn this rough is brutal."   NO Pal ... you just suck and couldn't find the fairway if you fell out of the cart play the wrong set of tees because you think you hit the ball further than you actually do claim you got a 5 on the hole when you clearly hit it OB once & had to take an unplayable lie, so it was at least an 8.  Then get mad when I question it.  If you are going to play by the rules, you may want to learn them first. when taking a drop from a lateral stake in the rough, don't claim that the ball moved towards the green on each drop just so you get to place it.  (grant it the rough was about 4" high in places but still we all have to play the same course.) Take the game WAYYYYYY TOO serious!  It's league play .... I mean c'mon we are playing for a beer for Christs Sake!  
      Yes all of these occurred the other night in my league play.  It was brutal ... playing slow, having to teach the rules to someone, etc.  I even had to break out the actual Rule Book out of my bag for this guy!  (yes, I keep one just for days like this)

So ... don't be "that guy!"  And if you happen to play with "that guy" ... I wish you well & good luck! 
    • By LostInMyWoods
      hot off the press ... obviously in response to Lexi ruling

http://www.usga.org/articles/2017/04/new-rules-of-golf-decision-limits-use-of-video-review.html

a good start and it looks like we might see more changes in the revisions being considered

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!