TESTERS WANTED! ×

New Titleist Tour Soft balls?

revrex

Sadly guys, being in Central NY it's going to be a while.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

So who read the article about Jack's response to Titleist and changing their ball to fly shorter to help speed up the game?

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

• 1 month later...

So GolfSpyRob ... did you hear anything more about this ball?  I'm interested in trying it out.  

Does it come in orange so I can find it in the snow??   HA! 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

So who read the article about Jack's response to Titleist and changing their ball to fly shorter to help speed up the game?

Didn't see it yet. I'll find it on line.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

So GolfSpyRob ... did you hear anything more about this ball? I'm interested in trying it out.

Does it come in orange so I can find it in the snow?? HA!

It's a 70 Compression so it will compete with Project(a) and Chrome Soft

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

It will compete with Project S and Supersoft.

Both ionomer blends with around 70 compression. Just like the Tour Soft.

The Titleist AVX is the competitor to the Project A and Chromesoft. Urethane covers and soft feel.

I bought a dozen of these this past weekend. I had been wanting to try them.

First off I found the ad misleading but since I normally play a chrome soft I figured I'd see how they perform and do my own comparison.

Overall I thought it was good but not great. It was terrific off the driver and 3 wood. Where I thought it lacked at was stopping on the greens with my PW and short irons, it seemed to roll out too much. I understand it is a 2piece ball and it won't perform like a 3 or 4 piece.

In my opinion it doesn't outperform the chrome soft or TP5, I don't care what they say. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Cobra F8 Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 50 Stiff
3 Wood: Callaway Epic 15* Project X Hzrdus T800 65
5 Wood: Callaway Epic 19* Project X Hzrdus T800 65
Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged True Temper XP 105 shafts
Wedges: Mizuno T7 54* and 58*
Putter: Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 Heavy
Ball: Srixon Q-Star Tour

It will compete with Project S and Supersoft.

Both ionomer blends with around 70 compression. Just like the Tour Soft.

The Titleist AVX is the competitor to the Project A and Chromesoft. Urethane covers and soft feel.

Actually it's what Titleist calls a 4C cover. Four materials in it.   it's not all Ionomer, it has urethane as well as two other materials that I can't recall now, and I will have to go back to look at my notes from our call with Titleist.   But two parts of the cover deliver the speed/distance portion of the ball to compete with the Ionomer category and the urethane and other material deliver the soft feel and spin of the Urethane category balls.   That's why it was compared to tour level balls in the commercial.  It really compete across both categories.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

So, I have tried these the last couple weeks as I got 2 dozen for free at the Seattle golf show.

Normally I play srixon z-star or chrome soft. But like most I have hit about everything under a urethane cover. So, that's my comparison.

Driving: they feel about like an B330RX. Noticeably harder than the more premium balls, but not bad.

Irons: I thought this was the best part about them. Very near premium feel and action for me.

Wedges: least favorite part about them. Couldn't get the spin I liked around the green and they felt hard. Basically an e6.

Putter: I couldn't tell you the difference between this and B330. Nice feel, decent sound.

Overall:just based on the ball, I'd say it's a very similar feel to q-star or project(a). But for the price, I'll play last year's chrome soft over it every time. Really, I'd probably play the q-star tour over it as well. I am going to put the 21 I haven't hit into my spare set golf bag for friends to use.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

Actually it's what Titleist calls a 4C cover. Four materials in it. it's not all Ionomer, it has urethane as well as two other materials that I can't recall now, and I will have to go back to look at my notes from our call with Titleist. But two parts of the cover deliver the speed/distance portion of the ball to compete with the Ionomer category and the urethane and other material deliver the soft feel and spin of the Urethane category balls. That's why it was compared to tour level balls in the commercial. It really compete across both categories.

Then it competes with the Bridgestone e5. A 2pc urethane but the Tour soft probably has lower compression.

Then it competes with the Bridgestone e5. A 2pc urethane but the Tour soft probably has lower compression.

Possibly, and I'm certainly not a urethane expert, but it seemigly was made with only some urethane not fully urethane.   

In the past week, i have attended invitee only seminars by TaylorMade and Callaway. Both companies spent a portion of the presentation on the Tour Soft commercial.  And naturally they both discounted Titleist's claims for different reasons, but both centering on what they referred to a 2 piece surlyn cover ball.     TalorMade passed around a cover only from the TP5 line and one from TourSoft and had you feel the difference.    Callaway also had something very similar in it's presentation. 

Ball wars are indeed a funny thing.     Truth is there are so many good balls on the market at varying price levels that will fit everyone's need vs budget.   You just got to try them out and find out which one works best for you. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

It's really not a urethane cover though. Just like the core of the chrome soft isn't graphene. Both companies use just enough of a material so marketing can say it's in there

It's really not a urethane cover though. Just like the core of the chrome soft isn't graphene. Both companies use just enough of a material so marketing can say it's in there

I wasn't the one who mentioned urethane for the Tour Soft.

The Titleist site doesn't mention urethane which makes me think it is neglible otherwise they would have mentioned it in their marketing.

Archived