Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Blades with offset

Hi All, 

Im new here but this seemed the right section to get an answer for a lot of my questions. 

Long story short I have gotten bridgestone PF 375 japanese forged blades as a gift. They are still brand new however I play mizuno mp 54 now and was wondering a blade with offset compared to my mizuno what are the differences. 

I did play 2 rounds with the bridgestone and honestly they feel butter smooth. I do not loose distance and play pretty much the same as with my mizuno. 

Would it be advisable to rebuild these with new shafts I was thinking project x LZ x 6.5 ? or offset blades are not the way to go although they feel good ? 

Thanks 

Offset, in general has a bad stigma.  Some people think offset causes hooks (prevents slices).

However, the main point of offset is to help get the ball airborne.  Offset moves the center of gravity of the club further back (relative to the shaft) and thus increases launch.

Individual results may vary, but that is the general performance change that offset generates

As mentioned above offset is designed to help you square the face. The topic has been discussed in this thread:

Are players irons really only for 'players' ?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=1398933&share_tid=22118&url=https://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/22118-Are-players-irons-really-only-for-%27players%27-%3F&share_type=t

Regarding your shaft question. Shafts should be fitted to each individual can help achieve better results. The best way is to try each shaft option on a launch monitor to see how it impact things like ball speed, launch angle, spin, etc.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

As it is only the launch that changes and as long as I'm hitting them fine there is no harm in building up this set. I'm just caught in between as the heads are new but and old club I'm not sure it's the way to go

Thanks for your advise

I think you just need to play what makes you happy.  If any set, regardless of makeup or age, helps you enjoy playing golf more, then play it!

My take on offset. Try it with a simple experiment.

Take a club with offset and set it up correctly with the hosel ahead of the entire leading edge. Check by lining up the leading edge with the lines of a tile. It will ensure your hands are ahead of the ball and the CoG is a little further behind.

Now take a club with offset and line up the leading edge area of the toe with the hosel. It will feel more natural to most because the toe now looks to be in the "correct" spot or lined up with the hosel, but in reality the face is now closed. Check on the tile lines. The heel area would have moved back a bit. A no/low offset club would still have the face square when you do this.

This is what happens to me, I try to get the leading edge of toe to that position of being in line with hosel at impact. If the club has offset then the face is closed and the ball is going left.

To truly get the high launch benefit intention of offset you have to be hands ahead and the leading edge has to square and not toe in-line with hosel.

Archived