Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I've been messing around with a Wishon 919THI. It's 460 cc but the head shape appears much smaller. Especially next to a TM M3/4, which just look too big to my eye. Might be worth a look.

You give away a lot in forgiveness by moving sub-400 in drivers. Best to find a head design that looks al little more compact but is still 400. 

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

For those that dislike massive looking driver heads, look for a “deep face” driver. The face is taller than normal which means the shape of the club is more compact while still being 460cc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

My experience with deep face drivers, which are especially common among Japanese Domestic market driver models, is that they are less forgiving. Specifically, I think a deep face requires a high swing speed to get suitably high shot trajectory. Ideally I would like to find a 400CC driver head with a shallow face. I understand that the shallow face would require the head to be relatively large from front to back, but I don't mind that shape. My current driver a 2016 Mizuno JPX-EZ, is 460CC head size , wide from front-to-back, with a relatively shallow face.

If you don't mind the large shape, why give up the forgiveness of the 460cc head? Why maintain the large size and have less forgiveness with the 400cc shallow face head?

Wouldn't the visible "footprint" be the same?

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I think 460CC is a little bit past the point of diminishing returns. In other words, while 460CC allows for an off center strike to still get reasonably good shot results, the large size of the head makes this size relatively difficult to square at impact.

Regarding shallow vs deep head shape, at any CC size I believe shallow wins the "forgiveness game", because the deeper the face height the more challenging it is to attain suitable shot height trajectory. I don't mind my current shallow face-deep-front-to-back JPX-EZ head shape, but I would prefer if it were a 400CC size head rather than 460CC head size.

20 years ago, when metal drivers were rapidly gaining head size, the industry went from a 300Cc to 460CC standard within about an 18 month time period. So, for the most part, current technology (adjustable weighting, multi materials, adjustable lofts, shaft adapters etc...) were never used to optimize the 390CC to 410CC head size. I would like it very much if at least one brand introduced a 400CC head size utilizing the latest available technology.

That makes sense. I was just wondering about your rational.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I think 460CC is a little bit past the point of diminishing returns. In other words, while 460CC allows for an off center strike to still get reasonably good shot results, the large size of the head makes this size relatively difficult to square at impact.

Regarding shallow vs deep head shape, at any CC size I believe shallow wins the "forgiveness game", because the deeper the face height the more challenging it is to attain suitable shot height trajectory. I don't mind my current shallow face-deep-front-to-back JPX-EZ head shape, but I would prefer if it were a 400CC size head rather than 460CC head size.

20 years ago, when metal drivers were rapidly gaining head size, the industry went from a 300Cc to 460CC standard within about an 18 month time period. So, for the most part, current technology (adjustable weighting, multi materials, adjustable lofts, shaft adapters etc...) were never used to optimize the 390CC to 410CC head size. I would like it very much if at least one brand introduced a 400CC head size utilizing the latest available technology.

Scroll up, I gave you one. Yonex. The ezone 380 is, you guessed it, 380cc's.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Find a tournissued Nike Dymo 380. That's really the only other relatively modern driver you'll find that's 380cc's. You're not going to find a shallow 380cc head either. Because that's the inverse of what they're doing with 380cc's. They're going that small to be compact. Shallow defeats that purpose

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 

• 2 weeks later...

Went from a 460CC to a 445CC driver, and I will say that my drives improved and my accuracy improved tremendously.

Rich

Irons: Mizuno MPH-4 (4-PW)

Driver: Ping G400 LST

Wedges: Cleveland 52, 56, 62

Putter: Rife

Orlando, FL

Archived