Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Perfecting Your Golf Game

tony@CIC

Watching a news feed this morning on 'perfecting your golf game' which unfortunately turned into a commercial sparked a thought. Since many of us are looking to improve this year - what is your thought process for going about it. Is it swing or strength or flexibility? Is it informal, is it more analytical using technology or is it working with a coach or instructor,

I think I know what I need to do, so I'll be first: For me it's two issues - swing and flexibility (rotation). On the latter many times I'll have what I call 'lazy body' and don't end up rotating fully and thus end up not facing the target. Solution: starting the first of this year I incorporated a rotational exercise, I also just purchased Katherine Roberts 'Yoga for Golfers' and I'm incorporating it into my daily routine. I'm hoping between the 2, I can train this old body to do what it's suppose to during the swing.

On the swing itself I have 3 areas that if I could improve even slightly would take a substantial number of strokes off of my game: Driver, 19* hybrid and putting. FYI I had instruction late 2017 on the Driver and Hybrid. I know the issue with the backswing on my driver - so now its just; practice, practice, practice. My 19* hybrid - hmmm same issue as my driver? I'll need a bit more help here from my instructor - I think it's also the backswing as I'm trying to kill it. Interestingly I am much more consistent and accurate with my 22* and 26*. Unfortunately, I've got to wait on spring for improvements on both.

Putting on the other hand is being worked on now. I've made substantial progress using the putting mat in the basement and a combination of tools (Ping app, tape, laser, etc). As a result of understanding what I was doing wrong I was able to modify my grip and incorporate more discipline in my swing. As a result I'm much more consistent at least on a flat surface in the basement. We'll see how that translates onto the course this spring - in the meantime I'm committed to hitting lots of putts daily.

Lastly, I think the other difference is that in previous years I gravitated to practice on those things I'm good at (long irons and short game), so now it's working on the 'tougher things'

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

As I have mentioned on here my partial wedge game is a total mess. I have been formulating a plan on how I can improve. I have had instruction in the past and have thought about that again, thought about getting a personal launch monitor and net to work on perfecting contact and hitting specific yardages from 100 in, and finally thought about a range membership so I can actually see the ball flight.

I think cost for them would be roughly the same. Leaning toward range membership so I can get to the course and work on all aspects of my game. The big question is will I have the opportunity to actually get to the course and use the range.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

As I have mentioned on here my partial wedge game is a total mess. I have been formulating a plan on how I can improve. I have had instruction in the past and have thought about that again, thought about getting a personal launch monitor and net to work on perfecting contact and hitting specific yardages from 100 in, and finally thought about a range membership so I can actually see the ball flight.

I think cost for them would be roughly the same. Leaning toward range membership so I can get to the course and work on all aspects of my game. The big question is will I have the opportunity to actually get to the course and use the range.

While there is some benefit to the range - range balls aren't as helpful for part wedge practice.

If you can find a course that has a pitching/chipping area and bring a shag bag with your own balls - that may be the best and cheapest solution.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I actually have a very detailed plan for improving my golf this year.  Right now I'm limited to range work.  Here are the highlights:

1.  Work on strength, posture, endurance and flexibility.  Kettle bells, walking, stretching and pilates.  

2.  Work on syncing the left and right sides of the body.  Part of this involves doing my normal warm up drills both right and left handed.  It amazing how much I've learned by hitting a left handed 7 iron.   

2.  Drills focusing on balance, tempo and tension.  

3.  Focus drills.  Work on staying with the shot, focused on swinging to the target.  

4.  Skill building. Lots of variability in practice.   

If you can find a course that has a pitching/chipping area and bring a shag bag with your own balls - that may be the best and cheapest solution.

The courses near me go to about 30 yards. Ideally I would like something a bit longer and a range seems to be the best option. Don't think a schools football field would go over too well. I could possibly find a park but I think they have no golfing signs up.

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Two things I have been working on hitting balls into a net in the basement are: 

1) Don't steepen the shaft in transition.  There is a lot of online debate about how much the shaft should lay down in transition. Some think this is critical and some think it is not that important.  I think most would agree that you can't stand the shaft up.  I would like my backswing plane to closely match my downswing plane.  

2) Sync my turn with my arms.  My hips want to fire are 1000mph and leave my arms behind.  I have been working on feeling like my hips do nothing in the swing and it has been helping a ton.  On video my hips are moving like they should even with this feel.  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

The courses near me go to about 30 yards. Ideally I would like something a bit longer and a range seems to be the best option. Don't think a schools football field would go over too well. I could possibly find a park but I think they have no golfing signs up.

That would be my suggestion a park

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I've always worked on centerness of strikes.This has been a big area of the game I've focused on for years.The flight might vary from slight fade-straight-slight draw.If I know my strikes are on decent areas of the clubface I'm going to play well.And that goes for chipping and putting as well.All goes back to fundamentals I learned as a youth.Im always looking at my clubface after I strike a ball.This precise has kept me under 80-mid 70 golf or lower.And allowed me to be competitive in any event I've ever participated in

• 2 weeks later...

I always try to set goals before the start of new year. The key is to have a high-level objective, and smaller goals that are easy to evaluate leading up to achieving that objective.

For example, one of my goals is to play at least 5 consecutive rounds without any penalties. In order to do this, I need to improve my setup and alignment, ball striking, and course management. I can check ball striking simple enough with a can of foot powder spray. I can check setup and alignment by using video, a mirror, getting help from an instructor, or by using close-range targets - physical gates using alignment sticks or imaginary "windows". Evaluating course management just means I actually have to look at the course beforehand and determine the best routes for my game, then determine how well I executed. 

I have several specific and generalized goals, but something new for this year is a reading list. I want to read (and listen) my way through every golf book that I own. Then of course, there's always the fitness aspect. I'm currently sitting around 230lbs which is a good 50lbs more than I want to weigh. My strength and endurance are diminished, and flexibility can always be better.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

One goal I have is to improve my thinking when I play at other courses. It's always nice to know the course you play but not always practical. I feel if I'm smarter and play my game then it will be a very successful year.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

My “improvement” depends on me getting rounds in. My biggest flaw right now is not covering the ball, not getting my right shoulder down through the swing. I have a back disease and I think my loss of flexibility is starting to have subtle affects on my golfing.

I just need to play. My clubs will be getting a lot of miles on them this year as they'll be with me on every work trip.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Thinking about the ideas in here....

http://www.golf.com/instruction/2017/01/24/steal-bryson-dechambeaus-5-swing-secrets-and-find-your-perfect-plane

I've already ordered 1 jumbomax grip... 

Love BD's theory on making things as simple as possible and removing as many variables as you can.  A swing should be natural and not forced.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Watching a news feed this morning on 'perfecting your golf game' which unfortunately turned into a commercial sparked a thought. Since many of us are looking to improve this year - what is your thought process for going about it. Is it swing or strength or flexibility? Is it informal, is it more analytical using technology or is it working with a coach or instructor,

I think I know what I need to do, so I'll be first: For me it's two issues - swing and flexibility (rotation). On the latter many times I'll have what I call 'lazy body' and don't end up rotating fully and thus end up not facing the target. Solution: starting the first of this year I incorporated a rotational exercise, I also just purchased Katherine Roberts 'Yoga for Golfers' and I'm incorporating it into my daily routine. I'm hoping between the 2, I can train this old body to do what it's suppose to during the swing.

On the swing itself I have 3 areas that if I could improve even slightly would take a substantial number of strokes off of my game: Driver, 19* hybrid and putting. FYI I had instruction late 2017 on the Driver and Hybrid. I know the issue with the backswing on my driver - so now its just; practice, practice, practice. My 19* hybrid - hmmm same issue as my driver? I'll need a bit more help here from my instructor - I think it's also the backswing as I'm trying to kill it. Interestingly I am much more consistent and accurate with my 22* and 26*. Unfortunately, I've got to wait on spring for improvements on both.

Putting on the other hand is being worked on now. I've made substantial progress using the putting mat in the basement and a combination of tools (Ping app, tape, laser, etc). As a result of understanding what I was doing wrong I was able to modify my grip and incorporate more discipline in my swing. As a result I'm much more consistent at least on a flat surface in the basement. We'll see how that translates onto the course this spring - in the meantime I'm committed to hitting lots of putts daily.

Lastly, I think the other difference is that in previous years I gravitated to practice on those things I'm good at (long irons and short game), so now it's working on the 'tougher things'

I missed this thread while in Palm Springs with only limited internet.  Sorry.  Nice topic!

I used to have similar issues with my FW and hybrids.  Not saying your problem is similar to mine, but here's what I found.  I hit up on my driver; about 3-5*, and I was hitting FW/hybrids off the turf with a sweeping stroke which usually resulted in a thin shot or a fat shot.  When I started hitting them with a slight descending strike like an iron, I was much more consistent.  

The turf has a big impact on the result, as well.  My turf is very firm so hitting level requires a perfect strike.  If I miss a little fat with a downward strike, the club still gets the ball up; just doesn't go as far.  However, I do play occasionally on turf that is quite soft.  I have found that a more level swing will work better because I don't get as much compression from the ground.  Of course, the higher lofted hybrids will yield better results because of more loft.  

As for me this year, I am working on both strength and flexibility... trying to fend off old age.  As far as ball striking, I need to improve my iron play; just inconsistent.  Short game is solid.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Ok... for me I want to try and maintain good mental focus throughout the round. It's hard sometimes when everyone else seems to be yucking it up. (I also play a lot with a guy we call Mr. Negative) I don't want to look like a dick or anything by not joining in fun but loosing focus causes all sorts of problems. For me anyway. Secondly, I need to sharpen up my approaches from 150 and less. Focus and practice. Practice and focus.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

For me it's eliminating penalties and extra shots. Especially around the green. For me that means not losing balls by hitting them into play more. Also working on my short game around the green as well as hitting more greens. I know I have the swing and plenty of power to reach most greens. I just gotta practice so it becomes 2ns nature.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

A UVA guy wrote a book entitled, "Golf Is Not a Game of Perfect". I would not be shocked to see my picture on the cover.

Dr. Bob Rotella. Interesting read; also available as an audio book.

Related...

Saw Gerina Pillar being interviewed where she said about her philosophy towards golf:

"It's not about trying to get a perfect game ... it's about trying to make perfect what you already have."

I liked that! My primary overriding important key goal this season is to strengthen my mental game.

(whatever da heck that means..........)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Oh, and @tony@cic ...

If you're not as comfortable with your 19° hybrid as the others, and depending on what your distance gaps are and along the lines of what @KennyB said .... you might try out a 5W as a possible replacement?

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Maybe a cheap par 3 course? That would let you work on par 3s as well as short game?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Maybe a cheap par 3 course? That would let you work on par 3s as well as short game?

No par threes near me.   :(

A UVA guy wrote a book entitled, "Golf Is Not a Game of Perfect".   I would not be shocked to see my picture on the cover.

Ben Hogan -  Golf is a game of misses.  The guy who misses the best is going to win.

It's all about managing your game to miss in the right spots.  I seem to do best when I play away from the bad miss.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

No par threes near me. :(

Spotswood at Golden Horseshoe? Or do they think too highly of themselves.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Dr. Bob Rotella. Interesting read; also available as an audio book.

Related...

Saw Gerina Pillar being interviewed where she said about her philosophy towards golf:

"It's not about trying to get a perfect game ... it's about trying to make perfect what you already have."

I liked that! My primary overriding important key goal this season is to strengthen my mental game.

(whatever da heck that means..........)

You know with us old dudes there is only so much you can improve on at some point.  I mean physical issues takes some of those cool moves out of the equation.  If we improve our attitude about expectations and such we will enjoy our time out there much more.  Not cool is seeing an old fart getting all pissy about missing a downhill, sidehill, over water shot that would be a challenge for a young healthy scratch golfer. Lower expectations and raise fun level while keeping bloop pressure under check....  ;)

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Spotswood at Golden Horseshoe? Or do they think too highly of themselves.

Completely forgot about them.  Looks like it is $17-$25 for 9.  

Completely forgot about them. Looks like it is $17-$25 for 9.

Still on the high side for a glorified par 3. When I was in school in the 'Burg, we used to truck on down to Deer Run to play the Cardinal for $5.

I'm lucky now... our TFT location has 3 hole pitch and putt course as part of our practice facility. You can practice just about any shot from 110 and in, especially if you're the only one out there. I've asked the super to pull up the tee markers, cut all the grass down to fairway-length, mark off safe teeing ZONES for each green and turn the place into a short-game park (there are some cool hills and slopes) for HORSE-style games.

They're thinking about it.

When I have small classes out there, I do this anyway.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I think my goal this year is to separate practice from playing golf.Work on drills with camera work as feedback.When it comes to playing golf trust what you worked on.And at the most use two key feels from the sessions on the course.Ive found that only keys I can honestly do when playing are a setup or backswing feel.The downswing happens way to fast for me to focus on a Feel.My scores seem to be very bad focusing on downswing

Keep it in the short stuff

You know with us old dudes there is only so much you can improve on at some point. I mean physical issues takes some of those cool moves out of the equation. If we improve our attitude about expectations and such we will enjoy our time out there much more. Not cool is seeing an old fart getting all pissy about missing a downhill, sidehill, over water shot that would be a challenge for a young healthy scratch golfer. Lower expectations and raise fun level while keeping bloop pressure under check.... ;)

Also like to add to aim for middle of the greens and forget where the pin is.Only time I think pin is when I'm chipping or pitching within 50 yards.Ive saved so many shots playing conservative versus pin hunting.The risk and reward is fun in scrambles.

Keep it in the short stuff

Ok... for me I want to try and maintain good mental focus throughout the round. It's hard sometimes when everyone else seems to be yucking it up. (I also play a lot with a guy we call Mr. Negative) I don't want to look like a dick or anything by not joining in fun but loosing focus causes all sorts of problems. For me anyway. Secondly, I need to sharpen up my approaches from 150 and less. Focus and practice. Practice and focus.

Stay focused throughout the round, that's what I need to do. I have a nasty habit of having a nap somewhere in the middle of a round.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

Ben Hogan - Golf is a game of misses. The guy who misses the best is going to win.

It's all about managing your game to miss in the right spots. I seem to do best when I play away from the bad miss.

"Avoid the big miss"

-- Hank Haney

(who wrote a book he titled "The Big Miss", mostly about his experiences coaching Tiger Woods)

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

You know with us old dudes there is only so much you can improve on at some point. I mean physical issues takes some of those cool moves out of the equation. If we improve our attitude about expectations and such we will enjoy our time out there much more. Not cool is seeing an old fart getting all pissy about missing a downhill, sidehill, over water shot that would be a challenge for a young healthy scratch golfer. Lower expectations and raise fun level while keeping bloop pressure under check.... ;)

Hey never give up! Us old guys can still hang!

But you are .. of course! .. right about improving one's outlook and attitude, and then enjoying your time on the course! Thx

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Archived