TESTERS WANTED! ×

Looking for Help with Indoor Hitting Range

Hi everyone,

I recently spoiled myself this Christmas and bought a Skytrak launch monitor. I just purchased a hitting surface from Fiberbuilt and I am looking for advice on an affordable and well-built hitting screen.  I would love to be able to project onto the screen so that I am not just watching the Ipad.  One simulator net screen was $4k before the projector and projector stand,Ouch! 

Any ideas and comments would be appreciated.

Michael

https://rainorshinegolf.com/products/the-net-return-golf-simulator-series-platinum-studio

Check out this article from Mygolfspy.  https://mygolfspy.com/carls-place-impact-screens-the-real-deal/

They have quality screens at pretty good prices.  You can purchase just the screen and mount it yourself, or you can also purchase the fittings and bungee connectors and then just hit up your local hardware store for the cross piece pipes.  They also have instructions for building the frames.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Check out this article from Mygolfspy.  https://mygolfspy.com/carls-place-impact-screens-the-real-deal/

They have quality screens at pretty good prices.  You can purchase just the screen and mount it yourself, or you can also purchase the fittings and bungee connectors and then just hit up your local hardware store for the cross piece pipes.  They also have instructions for building the frames.

Meyer is right on point with his link. I outlined my budget 2 weeks ago and now I am specing out my indoor DIY simulator. I plan to order all of the components next week. Carls has some really good affordable options for impact screens. With some further research I found a direct company that actually manufactures the materials for the impact screens and will sell a finished product direct to the customer. The name of the company is West Coast Netting. I included a link below. I priced out a screen 9'X10' with finished edges and grommets for mounting and it was $264. Its about $150-$200 savings over Carls entry level option. If you are really trying to refine your budget this may help. It allowed to add an extra component to my build that I didn't think I could afford.

http://www.westcoastnetting.com/netting-products/sports/golf-barrier/impact/pr-20-w.html

:cobra-small: King F8 9 deg w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 stiff shaft

:callaway-small:  XR 16 3 Wood S Flex

:cobra-small:  Fly-Z 3/4 Hybrid S Flex

:cobra-small:  King F7 One Length 5-PW S Flex

:cleveland-small:  CBX Wedges 50, 54, & 58 deg wedge flex

:cameron-small:  Select GoLo Putter

• 4 weeks later...

There's a guy on GolfWRX that chronicled his building out a hitting bay in his garage for a SkyTrak.   I believe he started with a white IKEA quilt that he used as a backdrop and projected onto for a few years before replacing it with a real screen.  

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1238908-2600-garage-simulator-build-and-updates-on-using-it-for-my-game/page__hl__%20skytrak

Driver: Ping G30 10.5*, Stiff

FW: Ping G 5W, Stiff

Hybrid: PING G 19* Stiff,  Ping G400 22* Stiff

Irons: Taylormade M3 4-PW 3* Up, Project X 5.5

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50* and 54*, Cleveland RTX 2.0 60* 2dot

Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne, 35" PP62 grip

Ball: Srixon Z Star and Pro V1x when I find them looking for my ball

Southpaw who plays golf and bats right handed in Chicago, current index is 14.8

• 2 weeks later...

A sheet with a white hockey net from eBay pulled tight with bungees on all sides will work temporarily. That's what I did for the first few months for my optishot until I was able to afford to buy an impact screen. No issues with it absorbing full shots.

<p>WITB: All Wilson EverythingDriver:  :wilson_staff_small:  FG tour F5 9*3 wood:  :wilson_staff_small: FG tour F5 13.5*</p><p>Hybrids:  :wilson_staff_small: FG tour F5 17* and 23*5-GW:  :wilson_staff_small: C100 with KBS Tour V 100g shafts Wedges:  :wilson_staff_small: FG tour PMP frosted 54* and 58*Putter:  :wilson_staff_small: Lincoln ParkBall:   :wilson_staff_small: Duo SSP(testing) and :srixon-small:  Z-star

Carl's premium, or more budget friendly Carl's preferred.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Paradym 9 degree Driver

:wilson-small: DYNAPWR 3 wood

:callaway-small: Apex 21  PW-4 Iron

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:vokey-small: SM6 62 Degree   

:EVNROLL: ER2 Putter

Archived