TESTERS WANTED! ×

Being a golfer and in a relationship (woe is me stories)

Gg Owen

Anyone seen Billy Maddison?

If peeing your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

One of my buddies was telling me about this guy in our area who's wife made him give up golf. Super good player. Anyway, he snuck out about once a year. So he's playing with a friend this one year and shoots something in the 60's or low 70's. His friend told him he needs to start playing again. So that's what he did. He ended up getting a divorce but he played on the Web.com tour, I believe.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

When my wife and I were engaged she was caddying for me in a qualifier. Came to a par 3 a couple under par. 140yds down hill water long. She said hit your wedge. I wanted to hit 9. She won out or so she thought. She turned around and I pulled the 9 and proceeded to hit it in the water. She said “wtf”. I went on to make double and par would have been more than enough to qualify.

This was 2008. Now she still caddies and I listen. Just wish I could have that one back.

On a side note we played a ton of golf together until kids came along. We still play 3/4 times a week in the summer but not as often with each other.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Fiancé begs me to go. Probabbly to get a break! haha

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

There's more to life than just your hobbies. If golf is more important to you than the relationship you're in, you need to rethink some things. Relationships are give and take, although most times for us guys it seems like a lot of give give give, at least we don't have to birth out a child. If golf is so important to you, communicate it to your other half.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

My wife was well aware of my golf addiction before we married.   I am lucky because she accepts and supports that addiction.   During my professional life, there were many opportunities to play golf with vendors and other business associates.   On such occasions, when the wife asked about my day and I told her I was golfing she would jokingly (I think) say-darn you have it tough.  I would then remind her at some point in one's career, one gets paid for the responsibilities one assumes, not their day to day activities.   I still don't think she bought it.

Marriage is what you and your partner make it.  Put in the effort and your life will be richly rewarded as a result.  The number of rounds I play has increased since marriage for many reasons.  When we were married in 2001, she had just finished college and I was exiting the military.  Needless to say, we didn't have a pot to piss in.  I no longer had the military courses near by to play for little or nothing so, we couldn't afford for me to play very often.

Now that we are financially secure and our children are self sufficient, I play almost every weekday afternoon during Daylight Savings with my younger daughter.  My older daughter and wife really enjoy the Arts so, they spend as much time with that as we do on the golf course, if not more.  I still do 90% of the cooking and laundry but I always have.  I lived alone for nearly 10 years before marriage.  I enjoy cooking and for anyone who has spent time in the military, you'll understand the laundry issue!

To be honest, I'm the envy of all my wife's friends.  It appears their husbands never help with household chores.  Golf is but a just reward in my wife's eyes.   ;)

A good friend of mine was going on a golf trip to Scotland. When the time came for the players to put down their money, one of the players dropped out. The group was looking for a fourth who could commit on short notice.

My friend called my house (back in the land line days) to see if I was interested. I was gone so he talked to my wife. Her reaction: "He'd love that." When I got home a couple of hours later, she'd already checked on airline tickets and had a deposit check ready for me to take to my friend. She was so excited about the trip that I just had to go.

That was the first of six trips to Scotland or Ireland with my friend.

Can she give 'relationship lessons'

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I play at 6 am may-october. I get my 36 a week and I'm back home just as my wife is waking up. Keeps us both happy. Who needs sleep? She's started playing a bit, so that makes it easier to get 9 during the week too.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 w/ Diamana X 70g B4 setting

Irons: TaylorMade R7 TP 4-PW S300 shafts 1* upright

Titleist Vokey Wedges 50-54-58

Cobra Fly-z 16.5 FW

Adams Pro Boxer hybrid 18*

6.5 index, RH, Cleveland, OH

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I'm retired, well mostly. I got offered a consulting job at the end of the season and took it with the clear understanding I would be out the door when golf season starts. I golf almost every weekday and my wife never says, are you going golfing again. The standard comment is are you going to work today. She knew how much I golfed when we first started dating and hasn't changed her stance at all. She loves that I go play with the boys. Weekends we go camping because that's what she likes to do. Everyone is happy.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

Another one in the happy camp here. My wife actually likes to golf, and we'll go out together frequently during the summer (she's a teacher, still working .. I'm retired). But she knows that boys .. even us aging ones .. still have to have time to go out and play with their toys and do their activities! Plus it doesn't hurt that I also do a lotta stuff around the house, inside and out.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

My wife is a hairstylist... She works on Fridays. I have three little ones and I travel for work, she works and has the kids all week... How do you think it would go over if I golfed on Sundays???

Yeah, “Happy wife, happy life.” I take my sticks on the road with me, and if I'm not traveling, I try to hit balls, or play 9 before the kids get home from school.

I need my old job back!!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

If my wife were not awesome and support me in my golf avocation, I don't think I would enjoy a round. I'm blessed, lucky, just like many of you are too, to have a great marriage. Happy wife, happy life.

My rounds per year have pretty much gone up as the kids have gotten older, this past year an exception due to work. I still try to be among the first groups out during the season, but since joining a club, that's around 7 am, not 5:45. A few extra zzzzs and not sleeping in the car @ Bethpage. That was a quality of life improvement.

6 more weeks of winter...

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

One of my buddies was telling me about this guy in our area who's wife made him give up golf. Super good player. Anyway, he snuck out about once a year. So he's playing with a friend this one year and shoots something in the 60's or low 70's. His friend told him he needs to start playing again. So that's what he did. He ended up getting a divorce but he played on the Web.com tour, I believe.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

not healthy relationship to give up something u love

Bags

My wife knew when we started dating that golf was a huge part of my life and she rarely gets to upset when I play. Having my 2 boys has cut into my practice time but I am ok with that because I love my boys I can't wait until they can go with me.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

My wife supports my golf habit, for the most part, and is funding a trip to Myrtle Beach for me and a friend in March for my 50th B-day. She likes golf (mostly likes to drive the cart and have a couple bloody mary's) and I am trying to get her interested in playing more since we will be empty nesters in a couple years so we have a common hobby to share. She is up for it, but I doubt she will ever want to play as much as I want to.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Not to many unhappy stories here.  I think that has a lot to say about the members and how we all operate.  ;)

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

My wife knew when we started dating that golf was a huge part of my life and she rarely gets to upset when I play. Having my 2 boys has cut into my practice time but I am ok with that because I love my boys I can't wait until they can go with me.

#priorities

Communicated the passion for the game, but make the necessary sacrifices willingly. Good on you dude!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I once had to trunk slam from my Sunday game to attend my in-laws family reunion.

In all seriousness, my wife knew what she was signing up for and she respects that. I also respect that I'm able to play pretty much whenever I want. So I pick up more of the chores at home - vacuum, dishes, laundry.

No issues. My wife and I play together. Grandparents come in summer to babysit for us. Otherwise, we just take turns. Should be a lot easier once kids grow up and are able to join us.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

So I have a 2nd job working at a golf shop. Free range balls, Trackman access, simulators available all winter and spring and free golf at 4 courses. Guess how much I play and work at my game? Next to none. I have a wife and two young kids so my time is limited. Some days I'm just tired and want to go home, some days I just know my wife is exhausted and needs a break and most days I miss the little ones. When I'm working 5 days a week in the summer, my wife will give me a little guilt trip about playing on one of my days off, but we both try to let each other have some alone time.

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

I'm actually golfing more now that I'm married... not because the wife is a pain I just became addicted before we got married. It's going to be interesting when the baby comes in August. Ask me then how much I golf.

When that baby comes life will change completely. Congrats by the way.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel