Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Being a golfer and in a relationship (woe is me stories)

Gg Owen

On 1/30/2018 at 1:02 PM, Gg Owen said:

A sad or informative thread here.Lets hear who has dropped down rounds per year or increased due to marriage-relationship.How has your game suffered or prospered.

Patience.

The time will come when your wife is thrilled for you to go to the club and give her some time to herself.  Especially after you retire.

Two summers ago my brother in law calls me up and asks me if I can get three days off in July. It depends on the circumstance so tell me more.

“Do you want to play Bethpage Black on Thursday and Winged Foot on Friday?”

Uhhh, yeah...but I have one issue. Wife has an unreal workload, we have a 8 month old and no daycare.

Long story short, I had to turn it down. When I explained what I did, wife says to me “that will never happen again.” She knew once I started to explain it to her, it all made sense how special this was.

In all honestly, at this stage, family is priority 1 and I couldn’t in good conscience leave them home while I’m gallivanting around downstate.

Two years later and it’s amusing story and a bummer of a missed opportunity, but there will be more.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

• 2 weeks later...

When my wife and I started dating, I made sure she knew that I had a few hobbies: hunting, fishing, and golf. Since our time together she has come to like all three (she already was a hunter, but didn't fish or golf). I do like to golf and fish more than her, but she actually likes to hunt more than me.

The best thing about getting her into fishing and golf -- I never have to explain when a box with a new "toy" in it arrives. Heck, when I tell her I am making an order, she usually puts a request in as well...it makes b-day and Christmas shopping easier for me.

I guess I'm one of the lucky one because my wife actually encourages me to go golf once or twice a week and I know that she enjoys some quiet time at home with the dogs. 

I've got a buddy though that practically gives him he'll every time I try to get him out on the course. We always have to get one of the earliest possible tee times so that we can play 18 while she sleeps in haha.