Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Tinnitus

ole gray

I wish it sounded like the ocean. Mine is a constant, shrill ring that never goes away.

During the day when I worked (retired now) I always played some music in the background to mask the tinnitus.

Now when I Ranger I listen to Pandora stations with skull candy earbuds to mask the ocean-like sounds. BTW, it is also a constant high shrilled sound.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

The more I drank last night the worse it got until I reached a point that I just couldn't handle it any more

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You ok buddy?   

I know drinking liquor seems to turn the volume up on my T.    

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Yea now the hangover got me today but my ear is not bad. I think all the cigarette smoke plays into mine too because it always gets worse at the bar.

We are in this together so trust me I feel ya pain....   The thing is we just have to  press forward and not focus on the noise.    This too shall pass.......

Cleveland

• 1 month later...

I didn't ever realize this was a thing until recently. When I was born an unfortunate chain of events left me with busted eardrums. My ringing has been since birth, it's all I know. Doc said I would be deaf by the time I hit my teens. Well I'm 31 now and can still hear ok. I've learned to deal with it, lip read, educated guess on what the other person is sayin and etc. If my ears quit ringing I wouldn't know what to do.

CobraConnectChallenge3

Mine gets worse depending on weather, especially during spring and fall because I also suffer with allergies and the congestion seems to make it worse.

So then I can't hear anything except the damn ringing!!

Mine is worse in my right ear than my left.

I haven't tried the white noise or anything like that....gonna have to give that a try, sometimes its so bad I cant sleep.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Try flavonoid, I get it at Walgreens. But you've got to take it religiously. It's a supplement. Took about 30 days to start working. Lowers the volume but doesn't eliminate it completely.

Edit: I'd post a picture of the bottle but it keeps telling me there is an error with the app.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpyIMG_6639.JPG

Try flavonoid, I get it at Walgreens. But you've got to take it religiously. It's a supplement. Took about 30 days to start working. Lowers the volume but doesn't eliminate it completely.

Edit: I'd post a picture of the bottle but it keeps telling me there is an error with the app.

Yea take the picture then upload it I had that issue before too

Yea take the picture then upload it I had that issue before too

Check your settings you may have exceeded your limit

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Nothing to add here except extreme gratitude. Thank you to all of you!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

• 1 month later...

Since I gave up alcohol and received my hearing aids from the VA, my tinnitus has improved greatly!   This morning I'm freaking out because I can't hear it at all!!!   I keep listening for the annoying ringing and it has vanished.  :blink:   I'm holding my breath because this is too good to be true....  My  hearing aids have a masking filter built in so that could have possibly help tone down the noise enough for my mind to adjust and actually override the tinnitus. Gawd this is so fricking cool as it has been YEARS since I have not heard the constant ringing!  Keeping my fingers crossed folks  :unsure:

Cleveland

Since I gave up alcohol and received my hearing aids from the VA, my tinnitus has improved greatly! This morning I'm freaking out because I can't hear it at all!!! I keep listening for the annoying ringing and it has vanished. :blink: I'm holding my breath because this is too good to be true.... My hearing aids have a masking filter built in so that could have possibly help tone down the noise enough for my mind to adjust and actually override the tinnitus. Gawd this is so fricking cool as it has been YEARS since I have not heard the constant ringing! Keeping my fingers crossed folks :unsure:

Good for you OG

Since I gave up alcohol and received my hearing aids from the VA, my tinnitus has improved greatly! This morning I'm freaking out because I can't hear it at all!!! I keep listening for the annoying ringing and it has vanished. :blink: I'm holding my breath because this is too good to be true.... My hearing aids have a masking filter built in so that could have possibly help tone down the noise enough for my mind to adjust and actually override the tinnitus. Gawd this is so fricking cool as it has been YEARS since I have not heard the constant ringing! Keeping my fingers crossed folks :unsure:

Outstanding. It will probably be easier to hear the ball rattle around in the cup when you chip one in with the "pocket picker," too!

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Outstanding. It will probably be easier to hear the ball rattle around in the cup when you chip one in with the "pocket picker," too!

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That cup will be popping like fried catfish in a frying pan!  :D

Cleveland

Glad to hear you tinnitus has gone away. For some reason mine is up and down. Tonight it's up and very annoying. Not an alcohol induced issue but now I'm starting to wonder if it's sleep (lack of) related. Going to start a log

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Glad to hear you tinnitus has gone away. For some reason mine is up and down. Tonight it's up and very annoying. Not an alcohol induced issue but now I'm starting to wonder if it's sleep (lack of) related. Going to start a log

Well this morning was awesome however tonight I have a faint ring.   Very faint so hopefully this is a sign for permanent healing.   I'll keep ya posted.   I'm sure lack of sleep causes all sorts of issues to include tinnitus.  My VA doc put me on Trazodone 50 mg for sleep issues (ptsd).   Let me tell ya that stuff will put you on your arse!  I sleep like a baby now so maybe your doc can hook you up with it.  

Cleveland

• 1 month later...

I started wearing my hearing protection which fits like hearing aids and also amplifies like hearing aides and I have noticed that mine hasn't acted up much. I need to get the one tuned up a little but it is helping a little. I think with it being summer out and having the windows down in the ambulance all the time I may start wearing them at work to help me out with the siren all the time.

I started wearing my hearing protection which fits like hearing aids and also amplifies like hearing aides and I have noticed that mine hasn't acted up much. I need to get the one tuned up a little but it is helping a little. I think with it being summer out and having the windows down in the ambulance all the time I may start wearing them at work to help me out with the siren all the time.

My tinnitus while wearing hearing aids is very low key to the point where I forget I have it. I would think your hearing protection would serve the same benefit.     

Cleveland

My tinnitus while wearing hearing aids is very low key to the point where I forget I have it. I would think your hearing protection would serve the same benefit.

They are pretty much hearing aides that cut the loud sounds to a manageable level. I can hold a conversation while shooting and not have to speak louder because they keep everything at one level.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

They are pretty much hearing aides that cut the loud sounds to a manageable level. I can hold a conversation while shooting and not have to speak louder because they keep everything at one level.

Brother you need to take them things home for use at night.  That way when ya wife starts out snoring, you can tune er out!  :D

Cleveland

Brother you need to take them things home for use at night. That way when ya wife starts out snoring, you can tune er out! :D

I'm single don't have that issue. I purchased them before I got my job they are all min to take anywhere.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
It's been a while since I've had an issue or episode but just now I had the worse episode ever.

Man that sucks! No one understands how annoying and irritating tinnitus is until they have to deal with it. Mine is 24/7 and I have to tune it out the best I can. It seems like it’s less when I’m on the golf course so maybe I need to play more golf.

Cleveland

7 hours ago, ole gray said:

Man that sucks! No one understands how annoying and irritating tinnitus is until they have to deal with it. Mine is 24/7 and I have to tune it out the best I can. It seems like it’s less when I’m on the golf course so maybe I need to play more golf. emoji848.png

Mine had no annoying noise to start it was like I got hit with a cupped hand on the ear lost hearing then the annoying noise started

Mine is on 24/7 but varies in the amount of 'noise' I hear. I notice it most when I'm just sitting and relaxing. Doesn't bother me when I'm golfing but then it's probably because I'm concentrating.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

If you guys find a fix for tinnitus let me know! I’m a Navy EOD Tech whose been around too many IED blasts to count! Lots of deep diving, helicopters, gun fire, and demo shots doesn’t help! Had a hell of a great time in the community but my tinnitus is terrible. I will say, I think I’ve made peace with it, though tho thread did make me realize mine is worse than I admit to.

Driver-    Callaway GBB Epic 9.5 Aldila Rouge Max 75X 

3 Wood- Callaway GBB Epic 15 Aldila Rouge Max 85X

Hybrid-   Callaway GBB Epic 19 UST Recoil F4

Irons-      Callaway CF Apex 16'  4-PW S300

Wedges- Titleist SM6 GW/SW/LW S300

Putter-    Ping Anser Sigma G w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 2.0

Ball-        Bridgestone B330/ TaylorMade TP4/ Titleist ProV1

Grips-     Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Grey