TESTERS WANTED! ×

Game Golf Pro - New Product

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Very interesting that this thread should have just been revived. I just got an email an hour ago offering me the opportunity to buy (at a discount) the new GG Pro, with the caddie shipping, with shipping promised on January 4. So they are not dead yet!

Glad to see them finally announce something on the matter! Curious about the video though as I looked up the channel and the video has not been made public. They must only be including it in the email and no updates on the site yet either from what I've seen. I'm also wondering now how they determine who they send those emails to. I got a similar email when GG Live was released and was even asked to fill out a survey for possible beta testing of GG Pro, but I have not received any messages from them since. My GG profile is still active and even after I sold GG Live, I think I used the app once or twice so they must be selective about which users they send those offers to.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

11 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

I'm still leaning toward grabbing another GG Live while I can due to the affordable price, but I really hope they become more actively engaged with their users. That's arguably a bigger issue than the tagging. They need to be pushing regular updates and working on the many feature requests that have been floating around for forever (export to Excel would be a great start!).

Yes, very much this. They have so much data (and they brag about it), but there are so many things they could do with that data to be helpful to their users. My biggest request: let me see my history on a particular hole. I'm in a situation in which I play pretty much all my golf on a single course. So I should be able to see my average score on #4 separated by whether I use driver, FW, hybrid, or iron off the tee. I should be able to see where my drives cluster on certain holes, and what scores I get from the fairway, left rough, or right rough. Etc. There's a goldmine of info there that needs to be unlocked to the user.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Yes, very much this. They have so much data (and they brag about it), but there are so many things they could do with that data to be helpful to their users. My biggest request: let me see my history on a particular hole. I'm in a situation in which I play pretty much all my golf on a single course. So I should be able to see my average score on #4 separated by whether I use driver, FW, hybrid, or iron off the tee. I should be able to see where my drives cluster on certain holes, and what scores I get from the fairway, left rough, or right rough. Etc. There's a goldmine of info there that needs to be unlocked to the user.

I absolutely agree and if they provide that GREAT! If not, let me have the data so I can do it myself in a spreadsheet!!! It's so important to know how you score on certain holes. It let's you know where you can free up a bit and where you need to really focus. I've done this in the past - just looking at raw scores, but I had to go through each round on Game Golf and type everything in!!! So frustrating...

One of my buddies has GG Live and it doesn’t compare to my arccos stuff.....with all that being said I’m seriously considering ShotScope.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

• 2 weeks later...

The value of the data is real.  Knowing how far you hit your clubs is vital to scoring.  And if you're like most of us, I'm willing to bet that you carry two clubs you hit the same distance.  So either changing your gapping or pulling one club out of the bag to free up a spot for something more useful is going to improve your game as well.

And then there's knowing where you should focus your practice time.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Now that GG Pro is shipping, has anyone that ordered received it yet? I'm anxious to hear some reviews on the new tech. I wound up grabbing a GG Live from Amazon as I had discussed previously. Ready to get back on the course and start collecting data again. 

• 2 weeks later...

What I don't know is what helps, had live since last may worked great until november, couldn't update to mac via usb.  I contacted cs and was told to upload via bluetooth to my iPhone.  They update the app in january and now I can't upload through iPhone, they recommended a hard reset of my phone and try again.  I did that  and still no go, last email tried to explain how to pair device to phone, sadly disappointed and hope you all have better luck with the "pro" system.  I liked the information provided but in this day and age not being compatible with apple updates are sad, asked about mac mojave compatability was told they have the code and are working on it.....

13 hours ago, g-off said:

What I don't know is what helps, had live since last may worked great until november, couldn't update to mac via usb.  I contacted cs and was told to upload via bluetooth to my iPhone.  They update the app in january and now I can't upload through iPhone, they recommended a hard reset of my phone and try again.  I did that  and still no go, last email tried to explain how to pair device to phone, sadly disappointed and hope you all have better luck with the "pro" system.  I liked the information provided but in this day and age not being compatible with apple updates are sad, asked about mac mojave compatability was told they have the code and are working on it.....

That's odd. I've not had any issues connecting to my iPhone or Mac with Live. Does it not connect to the Mac at all or does it just not upload? If it connects via the Game Golf software for Mac OS, I'd suggest using the options there to factory reset your GG Live. May not do anything, but it's worth a shot. 

4 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

That's odd. I've not had any issues connecting to my iPhone or Mac with Live. Does it not connect to the Mac at all or does it just not upload? If it connects via the Game Golf software for Mac OS, I'd suggest using the options there to factory reset your GG Live. May not do anything, but it's worth a shot. 

It quit uploading via usb november/december, had no issues could transfer via bluetooth to phone and then transfer to mac,  I've hard reset phone at their advice deleted app repaired via bluetooth.  If plugged in via usb I get a usb not detected gg cs pointed me to upload via bluetooth to phone as it was apparently an apple mojave issue.  I've reset numerous times and still no joy, got another email today so maybe there's some hope.  I really like the system it does what I need but something shouldn't be a brick after 6 months.

Unless I did the update and forgot, I'm still running on High Sierra so I haven't had any issues yet. We'll see if that changes I guess. I just purchased a new Live device after selling my previous one and giving Arccos a shot for a few months. I at least have a PC for backup if needed though. Hope you get some good news. I've always had good experiences with their CS, but I've not run into a problem quite like yours before.

Am I missing something here? Is this $100 more than either Arccos or Shot Scope AND I get to pay $50 per year for the smart caddie? Hasn’t Arccos included that now? What makes this $100 better than the other systems? I suppose the interface can make it or break it depending on your preference. Is the lack of a phone or watch worth $100?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

• 2 months later...

Reviving this thread again now that the product is actually on the market -- I bit on the pre-sale and have been using it for a few weeks (I received it in January but live in Wisconsin, so April was the first chance to try it). Has anyone else tried it? I'm curious if you've had better results or have some tips to share. 

I've tried Arccos 360, Shot Scope v2, and now Game Golf Pro -- I did not try the original Game Golf products (despite my GolfTEC coach trying to push them on me) because I refuse to change my shot routine for tracking (Shot Scope's PinCollect isn't as bad because you need to pull your ball out of the hole anyway). Each of them have their downsides (Arccos with the phone and giant putter tag; Shot Scope's bulky watch), but this one looked like the holy grail with no negatives - I was excited to get my hands on it, kept checking back in on when it would finally be released, and jumped at the pre-sale as soon as it was available. 

But so far, it has been a total letdown. <The rest of this is somewhat chronological, so if you want to know on-course performance, jump ahead a few paragraphs>

Setup was a beast. Each tag required pairing by hovering a magnet over top, but they were very finicky -- on my first effort, 0 tags paired, so I e-mailed customer service and tried again the next day; second effort, 3 tags paired; two hours and two phone restarts later, all but one were paired, and I just moved on without it (turns out you might need to "wake up" the I tags before you can do the magnetic pairing -- I found that blowing on them like an old Nintendo game helped with the last one). Once paired, each tag needed a firmware update, which took 3-5 minutes per tag plus the time it takes to do the same magnet flow (it's a new product, so optimization updates are expected -- it was just time consuming). All-in, setup took me 4-5 hours. 

The app during setup was glitchy and the content is surprisingly mediocre given how long they've been a player in this market. One example: after a few minutes, it would tell me my tag firmware update failed, but when I try to restart it, it tells me it's already on the most up-to-date firmware. For content, all of my clubs are pretty mainstream, but I had to add the brand/model as custom options because they were not in the list. 

On-Course it does not live up to expectations. The biggest issue is that I simply have not gotten it to function as expected -- the original ad says "it doesn't miss shots", but I've found that to be blatantly false. I've moved the medallion around to different parts of my belt, tried a variety of fixes suggested in a support ticket (that I've now had open for a couple weeks, and it's going in circles), even tried a factory reset on the medallion (support ticket suggestion). After 6 rounds, it has only picked up a single shot inside 100 yds (a 9 iron chip this morning), has missed entire holes, typically picks up ~1 swing per hole and might pick up a putt or two (but you tell the app how many putts you had, so I think a lot of the putts came from that, not the actual tracking device). In one of my 18 hole rounds, it picked up shots on only 3 holes; in another, it worked reasonably well for ~7 holes in the middle before starting to slip and eventually missing the last 4 holes completely. On another 9 hole round, after implementing some suggestions from their support team, I shot 40, but it only picked up 21 shots over 6 holes, 14 of which were putts, and they were all over the place (again, glitchy software -- it marked me for a 6 on a hole with "P-P-P-7i-P-P" with the third putt being 398 yds, which clearly should have been on a different hole). I struck out with their e-mail based support, so I now have a call scheduled that will hopefully figure something out (maybe those firmware errors were legit?). If you want to see my actual results, I published most of these rounds, so just sign up for a free Game Golf account and check out my page (same username as MGS) - it's comical. 

Other Notable Things: That whole "no phone, just play golf" thing is a bit misleading as well. It's also the major reason that I bought this, which contributes to the letdown. For best results, you should use the phone app, connect it to the medallion, and keep the two close-by (sounds like within Bluetooth distance, so best to carry the phone on you and not let your buddy drive away with your phone in the cart). When using the phone this way, it eats a lot of battery (they say you need 25-40% battery to start the round, but I have a long-lasting battery that drained from 50% to 15% by hole 11 this morning). It can work without the phone, but I haven't seen good results with that either -- I tried one whole round with it, which went very poorly; I also shut down the app because of the battery draining this morning, and it still picked up shots on my last couple holes, but it seemed to get confused (shots on the wrong holes, etc.). 

Conclusion(s): I'm still hopeful. I want this support call to go well. I want to figure out that something is wrong with my tags and/or medallion that can be fixed (or replaced). But I'm not confident, so I'm also hoping their "30 day money back guarantee" clock started on the date I set it up rather than the date I purchased or received it (again, received in January in Wisconsin). After the initial issues, I did contact Arccos support about the putter tag size, which was a major issue for me when using their product -- they are taking pre-orders for a device (Arccos Link) that eliminates the phone-in-pocket need, and they now have a "normal" sized putter tag, which they offered to throw in for free if I ordered Link. If we can't get these technical issues resolved, there's a very good chance I'll be using Arccos again by mid-season. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

16 hours ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

Reviving this thread again now that the product is actually on the market -- I bit on the pre-sale and have been using it for a few weeks (I received it in January but live in Wisconsin, so April was the first chance to try it). Has anyone else tried it? I'm curious if you've had better results or have some tips to share. 

I've tried Arccos 360, Shot Scope v2, and now Game Golf Pro -- I did not try the original Game Golf products (despite my GolfTEC coach trying to push them on me) because I refuse to change my shot routine for tracking (Shot Scope's PinCollect isn't as bad because you need to pull your ball out of the hole anyway). Each of them have their downsides (Arccos with the phone and giant putter tag; Shot Scope's bulky watch), but this one looked like the holy grail with no negatives - I was excited to get my hands on it, kept checking back in on when it would finally be released, and jumped at the pre-sale as soon as it was available. 

But so far, it has been a total letdown. <The rest of this is somewhat chronological, so if you want to know on-course performance, jump ahead a few paragraphs>

Setup was a beast. Each tag required pairing by hovering a magnet over top, but they were very finicky -- on my first effort, 0 tags paired, so I e-mailed customer service and tried again the next day; second effort, 3 tags paired; two hours and two phone restarts later, all but one were paired, and I just moved on without it (turns out you might need to "wake up" the I tags before you can do the magnetic pairing -- I found that blowing on them like an old Nintendo game helped with the last one). Once paired, each tag needed a firmware update, which took 3-5 minutes per tag plus the time it takes to do the same magnet flow (it's a new product, so optimization updates are expected -- it was just time consuming). All-in, setup took me 4-5 hours. 

The app during setup was glitchy and the content is surprisingly mediocre given how long they've been a player in this market. One example: after a few minutes, it would tell me my tag firmware update failed, but when I try to restart it, it tells me it's already on the most up-to-date firmware. For content, all of my clubs are pretty mainstream, but I had to add the brand/model as custom options because they were not in the list. 

On-Course it does not live up to expectations. The biggest issue is that I simply have not gotten it to function as expected -- the original ad says "it doesn't miss shots", but I've found that to be blatantly false. I've moved the medallion around to different parts of my belt, tried a variety of fixes suggested in a support ticket (that I've now had open for a couple weeks, and it's going in circles), even tried a factory reset on the medallion (support ticket suggestion). After 6 rounds, it has only picked up a single shot inside 100 yds (a 9 iron chip this morning), has missed entire holes, typically picks up ~1 swing per hole and might pick up a putt or two (but you tell the app how many putts you had, so I think a lot of the putts came from that, not the actual tracking device). In one of my 18 hole rounds, it picked up shots on only 3 holes; in another, it worked reasonably well for ~7 holes in the middle before starting to slip and eventually missing the last 4 holes completely. On another 9 hole round, after implementing some suggestions from their support team, I shot 40, but it only picked up 21 shots over 6 holes, 14 of which were putts, and they were all over the place (again, glitchy software -- it marked me for a 6 on a hole with "P-P-P-7i-P-P" with the third putt being 398 yds, which clearly should have been on a different hole). I struck out with their e-mail based support, so I now have a call scheduled that will hopefully figure something out (maybe those firmware errors were legit?). If you want to see my actual results, I published most of these rounds, so just sign up for a free Game Golf account and check out my page (same username as MGS) - it's comical. 

Other Notable Things: That whole "no phone, just play golf" thing is a bit misleading as well. It's also the major reason that I bought this, which contributes to the letdown. For best results, you should use the phone app, connect it to the medallion, and keep the two close-by (sounds like within Bluetooth distance, so best to carry the phone on you and not let your buddy drive away with your phone in the cart). When using the phone this way, it eats a lot of battery (they say you need 25-40% battery to start the round, but I have a long-lasting battery that drained from 50% to 15% by hole 11 this morning). It can work without the phone, but I haven't seen good results with that either -- I tried one whole round with it, which went very poorly; I also shut down the app because of the battery draining this morning, and it still picked up shots on my last couple holes, but it seemed to get confused (shots on the wrong holes, etc.). 

Conclusion(s): I'm still hopeful. I want this support call to go well. I want to figure out that something is wrong with my tags and/or medallion that can be fixed (or replaced). But I'm not confident, so I'm also hoping their "30 day money back guarantee" clock started on the date I set it up rather than the date I purchased or received it (again, received in January in Wisconsin). After the initial issues, I did contact Arccos support about the putter tag size, which was a major issue for me when using their product -- they are taking pre-orders for a device (Arccos Link) that eliminates the phone-in-pocket need, and they now have a "normal" sized putter tag, which they offered to throw in for free if I ordered Link. If we can't get these technical issues resolved, there's a very good chance I'll be using Arccos again by mid-season. 

Thanks for sharing your experience with the new product. I've been very curious about it, but from what you've shared and what has been shared by one of the beta testers on the GG forums this sounds like a product worth skipping (certainly for the time being at least). I for one don't have any issues with tagging using the other GG devices as it's such a small change and is nearly without error in execution - probably because of it's simplicity. My biggest gripe with GG Live is that unless (as you suggested) I keep my phone within range for the Bluetooth connection, the data doesn't always sync between the GG device and my phone very well. The easiest work around since I don't want my phone on me all the time is to just use GG Live in a similar manner to GG Classic. I think going forward I will just make the jump to Shot Scope. I've contemplated picking up a GPS watch again and it just makes the most sense. I'd also gather that Shot Scope is perhaps the most reliable and convenient of the three options - if you don't mind the watch.

Sorry to hear about your experience and I hope it does get better. Even with the pre-sale discount, that's a decent chunk of change to spend on something that doesn't work as advertised...

On 4/24/2019 at 9:49 PM, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

22 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Thanks for sharing your experience with the new product. I've been very curious about it, but from what you've shared and what has been shared by one of the beta testers on the GG forums this sounds like a product worth skipping (certainly for the time being at least). I for one don't have any issues with tagging using the other GG devices as it's such a small change and is nearly without error in execution - probably because of it's simplicity. My biggest gripe with GG Live is that unless (as you suggested) I keep my phone within range for the Bluetooth connection, the data doesn't always sync between the GG device and my phone very well. The easiest work around since I don't want my phone on me all the time is to just use GG Live in a similar manner to GG Classic. I think going forward I will just make the jump to Shot Scope. I've contemplated picking up a GPS watch again and it just makes the most sense. I'd also gather that Shot Scope is perhaps the most reliable and convenient of the three options - if you don't mind the watch.

Sorry to hear about your experience and I hope it does get better. Even with the pre-sale discount, that's a decent chunk of change to spend on something that doesn't work as advertised...

Update to this: Customer service no-showed the support appointment and have been unresponsive. I opened a new ticket requesting a refund and have not heard back. Based on recent reviews on their Facebook page, others are seeing similar issues (include the no-show support calls). Reddit tells a different story, and people have been having success with it (but sounds like setup complexity and customer service issues are a trend there as well). I'm also curious what's going on with the company - I think this thread had some speculation on company status; their phone automatically goes to VM (they don't publish a support phone number but it is posted on their Facebook and Google pages); the device was shipped from Tennessee despite them being located in CA; the responses I have seen from customer service are coming at times like 3AM; the recent Arccos/Ping partnership article said Shot Scope is the only true competitor for Arccos; etc. Did they get swallowed up by another company and now that company is trying to capitalize on product hype (that might not be ready for market)? Do they outsource their customer support?

My ideal would be something that just pairs with my Garmin Fenix. Garmin now has tracking tags, but they only pair with their Approach watches. If Shot Scope could somehow get their tags working with a Fenix app instead of requiring their own watch, I'd go back to that in a heartbeat, but I don't know if that's even possible with the underlying technology. 

Edited by ChiefMikeOfficer
Added one Arccos comparison

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

Update to this: Customer service no-showed the support appointment and have been unresponsive. I opened a new ticket requesting a refund and have not heard back. Based on recent reviews on their Facebook page, others are seeing similar issues (include the no-show support calls). Reddit tells a different story, and people have been having success with it (but sounds like setup complexity and customer service issues are a trend there as well). I'm also curious what's going on with the company - I think this thread had some speculation on company status; their phone automatically goes to VM (they don't publish a support phone number but it is posted on their Facebook and Google pages); the device was shipped from Tennessee despite them being located in CA; the responses I have seen from customer service are coming at times like 3AM; the recent Arccos/Ping partnership article said Shot Scope is the only true competitor for Arccos; etc. Did they get swallowed up by another company and now that company is trying to capitalize on product hype (that might not be ready for market)? Do they outsource their customer support?
My ideal would be something that just pairs with my Garmin Fenix. Garmin now has tracking tags, but they only pair with their Approach watches. If Shot Scope could somehow get their tags working with a Fenix app instead of requiring their own watch, I'd go back to that in a heartbeat, but I don't know if that's even possible with the underlying technology. 
That's so annoying. I wish there was an dislike button to hit for this (as in also dislike).

I still wonder what GG claims to offer that is so far beyond the other options to validate the premium price. At the presale rate it wasnt bad, but at the regular price, isn't this quite a bit more than the other two main options?

Sent from my SM-A600A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

Yeah that’s annoying. I’m not bothered by a watch and have already started looking at Shot Scope after my experience today. Played a round synced with my phone and did post round edits. Everything looked good and worked more or less as expected until I posted the round and it deleted all but my first hole! I don’t really care about score tracking, fairways, and greens etc. I mainly use it to see what my distances are. It’s a good way for me to monitor how my swing and ball striking progress through the season. Now I’ve got to decide if I buy Shot Scooe v2 or hold out for an updated version...

6 hours ago, romeopapazulu said:

That's so annoying. I wish there was an dislike button to hit for this (as in also dislike).

I still wonder what GG claims to offer that is so far beyond the other options to validate the premium price. At the presale rate it wasnt bad, but at the regular price, isn't this quite a bit more than the other two main options?

Sent from my SM-A600A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The prices aren't all that different. GG still has an offer for $250 (presale was $230); Arccos is $250 for the sensors but only $150 if you get the smart grips (debatable whether that's worth the $100 savings -- limited to Lamkin Crossline, likely won't last as long). Shot Scope is $189 right now. 

Because of my functional issues with GG, I haven't had a good comparison with the other products. From what I've read, Game Golf's stats/other software isn't any better than Arccos or Shot Scope. 

On 4/26/2019 at 5:20 PM, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

Unfortunately I have had the exact same experience. First three rounds were recorded as a miss match of holes with a maximum of 50percent of shots. Most recent 4 rounds has 12 holes maximum and less than 66% shots. Using with my pixel XL 3 could only do 10 holes starting from 100% battery.

I have detached the tags, asked for a refund and heard nothing from my 3 emails to support so far. I had very prompt replies initially when I had teething troubles but having given up have heard nothing. 

I got a shot scope v2 and seems to work well but can only manage 26 holes with out a charge which is disappointing. (GG live easily did 36). I actually have an arccos 360 in the cupboard which had even worse battery issues with my Android phone. Might try this with the new belt clip thingy - but will wait for reports....

In the mean time I have an original gg a gg live and the pro, think it's time to revive my ebay account!

On 4/27/2019 at 1:05 PM, Nottingtom said:

Unfortunately I have had the exact same experience. First three rounds were recorded as a miss match of holes with a maximum of 50percent of shots. Most recent 4 rounds has 12 holes maximum and less than 66% shots. Using with my pixel XL 3 could only do 10 holes starting from 100% battery.

I have detached the tags, asked for a refund and heard nothing from my 3 emails to support so far. I had very prompt replies initially when I had teething troubles but having given up have heard nothing. 

I got a shot scope v2 and seems to work well but can only manage 26 holes with out a charge which is disappointing. (GG live easily did 36). I actually have an arccos 360 in the cupboard which had even worse battery issues with my Android phone. Might try this with the new belt clip thingy - but will wait for reports....

In the mean time I have an original gg a gg live and the pro, think it's time to revive my ebay account!

Sadly, that customer service experience sounds exactly like mine. When I first reported issues, they were very apologetic and asked specific questions (software version, tag version, phone info, etc.); next, somewhat helpful, but vague and confusing (e.g. "we have a firmware update that will fix that. Do these things to apply it", despite my app saying my firmware was current); eventually unresponsive. 

It might be worth disputing the charge with your bank. I asked BofA if this situation qualified for a dispute, and they said they'd do what they can, but it'll be a month or two before I find out (got the idea from GG's Facebook page where another frustrated customer said AmEx got them a refund). 

• 2 weeks later...

These recent posts mirror my experience. I upgraded to GG Pro in January having used GG Live quite successfully for a couple years. I figured no tagging was worth the upgrade.

The sensor setup was a confusing hassle. One of my tags didn’t work and GG eventually replaced it free of charge for me.

To this day, GG Pro does not detect any of my putts. (I’ve even swapped putters in case the fat grips dull the sensor). It is supposed to have a feature that will ask you to confirm how many putts you took when leaving the green but I don’t even get that, so I have to manually edit every putt as I leave every green. Seriously?! I might as well just tag them with my GG live system. 

I have a free subscription to the Smart Caddie option in the app but it really doesn’t help me. I can see how it would help if you really think you are always going to knock your 8 iron 190yds like you did that one time. But it’s just using your data to tell you how far you really hit your clubs and recommending a club on that basis. 

Ive never used the GG apps for yardages. I use a laser and previously used a SkyGolf gps unit. I don’t want to keep messing about with my phone on the golf course.

I got the impression that the company has gone quiet. My replacement tag came after several reminders to chase it up and arrived in a hand addressed envelope. I’m wondering if the company is I trouble. If I inadvertently signed up for Beta testing then I’m not getting any feedback on how they are improving. There’s hardly any user generated reviews online at the moment, which I find worrying.

Id stay away from GG Pro for the time being. Seriously considering asking for my money back but I’m way past the 30 day period now.

Driver -  Titleist TSR3, 8 degrees

5 Wood - Titleist TSR2, 18 degrees

Hybrid -    Titleist 910H, 18 degrees

Irons 3-5  :wilson_staff_small:  C300 forged 

Irons 6-PW  :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour V6

52, 58 degree Mizuno T22 Denim Copper finish

Putter - Evenroll ER5 35"

Preferred ball:  Maxfli Tour

On 4/28/2019 at 10:12 PM, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

Sadly, that customer service experience sounds exactly like mine. When I first reported issues, they were very apologetic and asked specific questions (software version, tag version, phone info, etc.); next, somewhat helpful, but vague and confusing (e.g. "we have a firmware update that will fix that. Do these things to apply it", despite my app saying my firmware was current); eventually unresponsive. 

It might be worth disputing the charge with your bank. I asked BofA if this situation qualified for a dispute, and they said they'd do what they can, but it'll be a month or two before I find out (got the idea from GG's Facebook page where another frustrated customer said AmEx got them a refund). 

More fun with this product -- I've sent multiple responses to my support tickets offering more information/data (once while I was on-course, as they requested) and asking for more help, receiving no response on any of them. I also mentioned a refund multiple times, but they've ignored it and just stopped responding (trying to leverage that 30 day guarantee). Just for kicks, I created a new account with another e-mail address and explained a very similar issue, and within 10 minutes they responded with an apologetic response, and when I asked they they stopped responding to the other e-mails, they said they are swamped (and also that they are not taking phone calls, despite allowing them to be scheduled). 

If nothing else, this is just leverage for my charge dispute. Given that other sites show some success with the product, I'm not going to tell you not to buy it...but mine is likely going in the trash. 

I can deal with phone in pocket, I can deal with tagging, all I want is the darn thing to track all shots.  Shot scope v2 does not get every shot - it misses a ton!  Too much to keep the device.  I purchased new in 4/2019 and returned 5/2019.  The major issue was it missing so much and then adding in shots I never took.  It would miss 2-5 holes a round.  Shoot 77, have the thing tell you had 54!  Not cool, I can remember all the shots, clubs, distances, etc so I can go add them in but missing 20% of stuff is a deal breaker when paying for tracking LOL.

I hope this is good, we'll see, I enjoyed the shot scope but just can't live with hitting the next hole button 'because I wear a glove' - odd that's literally listed as the reason for missed shots, missed holes and the darn next hole button - LOL, almost everyone wears a glove.  I just don't know - I gave them 3 very good suggestions to improve on their next iteration and hope they seriously take them.  I don't mind recording where hole is either.  I'm an easy going guy but during a tournament I was F'ing with the shot scope so much I missed the cut.

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2019 at 10:15 AM, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

More fun with this product -- I've sent multiple responses to my support tickets offering more information/data (once while I was on-course, as they requested) and asking for more help, receiving no response on any of them. I also mentioned a refund multiple times, but they've ignored it and just stopped responding (trying to leverage that 30 day guarantee). Just for kicks, I created a new account with another e-mail address and explained a very similar issue, and within 10 minutes they responded with an apologetic response, and when I asked they they stopped responding to the other e-mails, they said they are swamped (and also that they are not taking phone calls, despite allowing them to be scheduled). 

If nothing else, this is just leverage for my charge dispute. Given that other sites show some success with the product, I'm not going to tell you not to buy it...but mine is likely going in the trash. 

My last post in this thread (unless someone directs a question at me) - I finally got the issue resolved with the company without going through the charge dispute process, and they accepted it back for a full refund. I did so by opening a completely separate refund request ticket (apparently on the wrong site) and challenging their 30 day policy in multiple ways. It still took a decent amount of back/forth, and I'm not entirely sure why they decided to give in - maybe it was the way I challenged the policies, maybe they looked at my account and saw valid issues with product performance...or maybe they just got sick of me wasting their time 😂

A word of caution on this: if you try this product, you might be able to challenge the 30 Day Money Back Guarantee as I did, but don't count on it. The retail industry (and even the FTC) accepts a "Money Back Guarantee" as allowing the consumer to return the product for any reason, including dissatisfaction, but I don't think that's actually what they are offering (instead, it's just a return policy). Gamegolf.com advertises some bold claims for the product and uses that specific terminology, although I haven't found the terms/conditions on that website. Gamegolfsupport.com also mentions it in these terms, but it's not a product guarantee -- if you purchase from a different retailer, they defer to the retailer's policies, which may be different. However, maybe most importantly, store.gamegolf.com (where you actually make the purchase) has a slimmed down product description (fewer claims) and does not mention this guarantee at all -- the closest I can find is the "Right of Withdrawal" clause in the terms/conditions, which requires the product to be returned in new, unopened condition within 30 days of receipt. 

With this, I'm bowing out of this thread and moving on to (hopefully) more positive experiences with other products. Arccos Link has not arrived yet, but I'm hopeful once it does, and even if it has some struggles, the phone-in-pocket option is fairly reliable. 

To add another nail to the coffin: Golf App Exposes 218k Users’ Data Online

Just saw this come across my network security feeds at work. Not looking good for them.

GAME GOLF / Game Your Game Inc, is a privately held company based in San Fransisco, California. It is unclear if this data incident was reported to users who may have been affected or the California Attorney General’s Office. California law requires a business to notify any California resident whose unencrypted personal information, as defined, was acquired, or reasonably believed to have been acquired. Despite several attempts and a request for comment regarding this data incident, GAME GOLF / Game Your Game Inc has not responded or commented at the time of this publication.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I lied about that being my last post 😞 I will still share any new information I have that will help other users of this forum. Here's something new that came through my inbox today (ouch on the data breach - that's another big watch-out, but that's not what this post is about): 

Acknowledging product issues (and saying they identified the source), they sent instructions to users to install a new firmware update (~1 hour) and play 3 times over the next 3 weeks to help them fix the issues. The trick is...while playing, you can't use it as advertised, and instead need to tag every shot manually. Here are the instructions: 

http://www.gamegolf.com/data-collection

I think they are also acknowledging (without saying it directly) that this product is still in Beta. I say that because they are asking users to take additional actions to help them fix the product, and my direct e-mail link extends with "utm_source=Pro Beta 20040519" followed by a contact key. 

My advice: avoid it for now unless you want to put in a lot of work, and consider it if/when they fix the glitches and start getting better reviews. Being part of the solution is cool in some cases, but this one is not for me. 

Here is the process for capturing the swing data:

1. Start a round as normal with your PRO device
  2. After every shot you take you will have to magnet tag by placing the divot tool on top of the tag within 10 seconds after the shot and and holding it for 5 seconds AFTER every shot. The green light will light up on the medallion when you have successfully triggered sensor upload. The blue light will be flashing during data transfer.
  3. Your shots will be recorded on the app the same as before.
  4. At the end of the round, upload as you normally would and the round will be saved to your account.
  5. Repeat for at least 5 more rounds of golf.

Note: Internet connection required for data collection

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I got this firmware update too. Spent the last few of rounds trying to tag all my shots and even this work around system is not working. Not doing it any more! This is completely distracting me from actually playing golf and enjoying it.

Have asked them to either refund me for not providing a working product or to send me a fully working product. In the meantime, I'm reverting back to my Game Golf Live system (presuming it still works).

Peace out.

Driver -  Titleist TSR3, 8 degrees

5 Wood - Titleist TSR2, 18 degrees

Hybrid -    Titleist 910H, 18 degrees

Irons 3-5  :wilson_staff_small:  C300 forged 

Irons 6-PW  :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour V6

52, 58 degree Mizuno T22 Denim Copper finish

Putter - Evenroll ER5 35"

Preferred ball:  Maxfli Tour

Yes, I got this firmware update too. Spent the last few of rounds trying to tag all my shots and even this work around system is not working. Not doing it any more! This is completely distracting me from actually playing golf and enjoying it.
Have asked them to either refund me for not providing a working product or to send me a fully working product. In the meantime, I'm reverting back to my Game Golf Live system (presuming it still works).
Peace out.

I have the original GG and it still works. I think I’ve had it for around 4 years

• 4 weeks later...

I was a Gamegolf Live user for years and it worked well for most of that time. However, shortly before the Game Golf Pro came out, courses in my area started disappearing from their database for no apparent reason. I purchased the GG Pro with the intro pricing, hoping that it would be an improvement over the original. A friend of mine also purchased a set and had so many issues, after trying it for a couple of rounds, that I decided to not even take the GG Pro tags out of the box. I sold them to someone and got my money back. From what I've seen Arccos is a much more developed tagless system, so I may consider going that route at sometime in the future. I really do enjoy seeing my stats but it's not worth the hassle if it's that buggy.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X