:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we also hating on porsche, bentley, ferrari owners?

I mean, I don't mind but just want to know where the wind blows.

I'm bemused, rather than hating. I have similar thoughts about expensive sports cars, especially when I see one driving around the inner city. The Lamborghini I saw on Saturday wasn't performing any better than the Hyundai it was next to at the lights.

I'm happy if someone else wants to pay however much they want for a product, but I find it bemusing (and a little amusing) that most buyers of luxury "performance" goods probably don't use them well enough to justify the extra expense. It does seem to be more about appearance than performance.

Personally, I use what would be a second tier glove, full cabretta leather fingers and palm. I find that they fit better for longer, and I can feel the club much better than with a synthetic cheaper glove. The slight difference in feel between the gloves I use and the next level up isn't worth the extra cost to me.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I don't wear a glove, so I think all of you guys are paying too much lol

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Porsche, Bentley and Ferrari are proven winners and demand the hand made price tag. Give it time and you will see wins or not...

Well... No. Not sure how many of those you've owned but I did a fair few. Best example is Aston Martin or being a re branded car with tuning.

Anyway. If people want to pay for it, and play golf - we should be happy. There is more people playing golf.

Not to hate on someone just cause he uses pxg.

Well... No. Not sure how many of those you've owned but I did a fair few. Best example is Aston Martin or being a re branded car with tuning.

Anyway. If people want to pay for it, and play golf - we should be happy. There is more people playing golf.

Not to hate on someone just cause he uses pxg.

I hate no one that plays PXG.

The owner is a Marine, much respect for him. I just don't how see the “tech” is worth double or triple of the rest of the brands. I was quite interested at first before I saw the pricing.

I've never owned any sports car, unless you count a Subaru WRX...

I get the whole quality over quantity thing. My wife has a Toyota Sequoia and it is amazing.

I hate no one that plays PXG.

The owner is a Marine, much respect for him. I just don't how see the “tech” is worth double or triple of the rest of the brands. I was quite interested at first before I saw the pricing.

I've never owned any sports car, unless you count a Subaru WRX...

I get the whole quality over quantity thing. My wife has a Toyota Sequoia and it is amazing.

I don't even think it's justifying price for performance. It's like with watches. You can buy a $200 casio or a $200,000 patek and both will tell time (with casio usually being more accurate ;) ). If someone want's a patek, just let them have it.

It's just that reading those posts - there is a lot of snarky comments that people probably post in gist, but it's not funny, or in good taste.

The community here is a very nice one. Unless it comes to PXG :-) And it seems to be a common thing nowadays.

I play them. And I'm a mediocre player at best. 

I was joining a club in December, and I was considering 3. All 3 are members only country clubs, with golf among other facilities. One of them I liked a lot, it was also quite a bit cheaper than the other two so I was like 'ok I'll join'. So I played a few rounds there to get the vibe of the members, had a few drinks at the bar. And when people saw my whole PXG get-up, they made comments like some of the people in this thread. I know (or at least hope) they were not meant to be mean. But they've put me off the club so I didn't join, and I won't be playing there again.

Anyway, my point is - if someone plays without a glove, with a glove for $5 or $500, who cares? I don't feel in a position to judge.

How can you say 'oh they must have inferiority complex'. Really? I would be more likely to think they don't care how much it costs, and people who judge someone over what they spend their earned money on have a complex. But that's just me.

I understand people saying 'in my opinion it's expensive and I wouldnt spend that' But judging a person and making assumptions about them just makes you guys look bad. More so in this sport that has been/is still seen as a /white middle aged male pass-time/. 

Be welcoming to everyone that wants to play the game. Whenever they sport a second hand set of Dunlops or newest PXG. Don't be bitter old 'call you next tuesdays' and bullies. 

Remember, that even if you don't mean it - you can put someone off this game for good for no reason.

Peace .o/

It's all just a matter of whether there are enough people out there willing to pay what's being charged. It has little to do with what they're worth.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Never once said anything about the players using PXG. Definitely didn't say they had an inferiority complex.

I'm a fan of paying for what you get. And I'm not sold that paying a crap ton of cash for a club that doesn't do anything for me over a used dunlop.

It's obviously your cash and spend it how you'd like.

People with more money than brains.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I don't even think it's justifying price for performance. It's like with watches. You can buy a $200 casio or a $200,000 patek and both will tell time (with casio usually being more accurate ;) ). If someone want's a patek, just let them have it.

It's just that reading those posts - there is a lot of snarky comments that people probably post in gist, but it's not funny, or in good taste.

The community here is a very nice one. Unless it comes to PXG :-) And it seems to be a common thing nowadays.

I play them. And I'm a mediocre player at best. 

I was joining a club in December, and I was considering 3. All 3 are members only country clubs, with golf among other facilities. One of them I liked a lot, it was also quite a bit cheaper than the other two so I was like 'ok I'll join'. So I played a few rounds there to get the vibe of the members, had a few drinks at the bar. And when people saw my whole PXG get-up, they made comments like some of the people in this thread. I know (or at least hope) they were not meant to be mean. But they've put me off the club so I didn't join, and I won't be playing there again.

Anyway, my point is - if someone plays without a glove, with a glove for $5 or $500, who cares? I don't feel in a position to judge.

How can you say 'oh they must have inferiority complex'. Really? I would be more likely to think they don't care how much it costs, and people who judge someone over what they spend their earned money on have a complex. But that's just me.

I understand people saying 'in my opinion it's expensive and I wouldnt spend that' But judging a person and making assumptions about them just makes you guys look bad. More so in this sport that has been/is still seen as a /white middle aged male pass-time/. 

Be welcoming to everyone that wants to play the game. Whenever they sport a second hand set of Dunlops or newest PXG. Don't be bitter old 'call you next tuesdays' and bullies. 

Remember, that even if you don't mean it - you can put someone off this game for good for no reason.

Peace .o/

Please don't take this the wrong way, genuine question.

What was your decision making process when choosing to buy PXG clubs? Why them? Interested as to how your decision was reached, especially taking your self described "mediocre golfer" into account (mind you, your mediocre might me someone else's very good)

These questions are probably more for another topic, along with how the PXG fitting process is done, ie indoor, outdoors, launch monitor, grass or synthetic.

I get some crap about my dress sense (or lack thereof) Lots of comments like "you'd want to be able to play dressed like that" It doesn't bother me, regardless of what level golfer makes the comment. Sometimes it may help me by making me focus better so I don't look like a ********.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Never once said anything about the players using PXG. Definitely didn't say they had an inferiority complex.

I'm a fan of paying for what you get. And I'm not sold that paying a crap ton of cash for a club that doesn't do anything for me over a used dunlop.

It's obviously your cash and spend it how you'd like.

Sorry, didn't mean to direct it at you. But if you read the other comments I'm sure you will understand what I meant.

Please don't take this the wrong way, genuine question.

What was your decision making process when choosing to buy PXG clubs? Why them? Interested as to how your decision was reached, especially taking your self described "mediocre golfer" into account (mind you, your mediocre might me someone else's very good)

These questions are probably more for another topic, along with how the PXG fitting process is done, ie indoor, outdoors, launch monitor, grass or synthetic.

I get some crap about my dress sense (or lack thereof) Lots of comments like "you'd want to be able to play dressed like that" It doesn't bother me, regardless of what level golfer makes the comment. Sometimes it may help me by making me focus better so I don't look like a ******.

Ok, so a little disclaimer - I'm a massive gear addict. When it comes to most things. 

I collect watches, have more photo equipment than most shops would carry, clothes, gadgets, electronics, you name it and it's probably in my apt.

So, I only started playing golf 2 years ago. My first set were callaways big berthas, that I've purchased on advice from my teaching pro.

He said 'whatever you do, dont buy forged clubs' but after a few weeks I've hit Miuras that one of my playing partners carry. 

And they felt so much more butterfly smooth than the toaster-oven-like feeling at impact I've had with the callaways.

So I went for a fitting. Mizuno MP5-H were giving me better numbers than Miuras, so I went with them. Obviously I wasn't satisfied, so I bought a set of Miuras anyway.

After some time I've discovered Honma, called my fitter and asked if he carries Honma. He told me to do some research on PXG. 

I went in for a fitting and fell in love with the feel of the irons. Those and the hybrids were giving me a lot better numbers so that was it. Didn't really look at another set since.

The woods were about 5yards longer, which is kind of negligible but as I wanted a whole bag, I went for it. That's about it :-) 

The fitting process I've described in some other post.

Every session was 1-2h and I had 8 sessions (one for woods, one for hybrids, one for putter, 3 for irons, 2 for wedges). Then when the clubs came in I tested them to see how they performed. I also have a yearly adjustment of lofts / lies (with a swing checkup).

Wow so much hate :o

In the whole thread.

Cmon guys.

Keep yourself to a higher standard.

With all due respect I carefully read all of the comments prior to yours here. Most were joking replies, tongue and cheek types of things. There were a couple that acknowledged that while the poster wouldn't pay 60 for a glove some will.

Honestly there was only one that could be characterized as “hate” in the colloquial sense of that word and even that seemed intended as humorous.

I think all of us recognize that there is a niche market for this stuff just as there is for a luxury car or mansion or for that matter membership at a private club.

I'm a huge advocate of having fun on the golf course. If you can afford it and enjoy the quality the PXG surely offers is your thing, by all means please do. I'm happy for you.

But I'm still struggling to see how the overwhelming majority of these posts could be interpreted as an attempt to be anything but humorous.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I get some crap about my dress sense (or lack thereof) Lots of comments like "you'd want to be able to play dressed like that" 

Just remember what us Aussies are like mate.  ;)

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

...either that or you have an inferiority complex... which, sadly, can happen in golf.

Stupid is as stupid does

pxg owner seems like an ego maniac

People with more money than brains.

With all due respect I carefully read all of the comments prior to yours here. Most were joking replies, tongue and cheek types of things. There were a couple that acknowledged that while the poster wouldn't pay 60 for a glove some will.

Honestly there was only one that could be characterized as “hate” in the colloquial sense of that word and even that seemed intended as humorous.

I think all of us recognize that there is a niche market for this stuff just as there is for a luxury car or mansion or for that matter membership at a private club.

I'm a huge advocate of having fun on the golf course. If you can afford it and enjoy the quality the PXG surely offers is your thing, by all means please do. I'm happy for you.

But I'm still struggling to see how the overwhelming majority of these posts could be interpreted as an attempt to be anything but humorous.

One? Really? :) Anyway, maybe they're jokes, maybe they're not. Just can come across as excluding people. Thats all.

On the subway commuting to work... will comment when I get to the office...a lot of this is being taken out of context.

Sent from a bunker filled with mana

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

One could also say that the less fortunate people are excluded from playing nice golf courses too.

Double edge sword.

I'd really like to play pebble beach, the old course, all of the TPC courses, whistling straights to name a few. At $300+ a round that is out of reach.

So we will grow the game by inflating prices, and excluding more people. Sounds like a plan.

Look at those Epic irons.... what did they offer that the apex line didn't? Well not much that I could see.

If one company can charge an enormous amount for equipment the others WILL follow. Only a matter of time.

One could also say that the less fortunate people are excluded from playing nice golf courses too.

Double edge sword.

I'd really like to play pebble beach, the old course, all of the TPC courses, whistling straights to name a few. At $300+ a round that is out of reach.

So we will grow the game by inflating prices, and excluding more people. Sounds like a plan.

Look at those Epic irons.... what did they offer that the apex line didn't? Well not much that I could see.

If one company can charge an enormous amount for equipment the others WILL follow. Only a matter of time.

Not really. There are places for both end of the spectrum. I would feel really uncomfortable tho if someone got called 'stupid' or 'with a complex' for playing cheap equipment the same way it bothers me when people are being called that for playing expensive one.

One? Really? :) Anyway, maybe they're jokes, maybe they're not. Just can come across as excluding people. Thats all.

First off let me say that this is a JUDGEMENT FREE ZONE.... no ifs, ands or buts... 

Secondly - if anyone feels offended by this thread I'd like to extend my hand and say I'm sorry; this is not what was intended.

It's no secret that PXG gear is expensive.  It's also no secret that makes them a target for a bit of poking, prodding and humor along the way.  But I give Bob Parsons credit, he takes it and doesn't give a crap like the former Marine he is.  I'm a former Marine, I love his attitude and I think his clubs are bad ass.  Love the fact he uses MOS numbers on his stuff.... and honestly, if I could afford it I might play it.  The intent of this was just to ask where people stood on it.  It wasn't to judge those who choose to play PXG or whatever.... who knows, maybe a 60 dollar glove is worth it.  For most of us that cost isn't out of question...and let me tell you something, if that glove won the coveted MGS Most Wanted award I'd bet that there'd be a lot of interest in it.  If they told me that this glove would last 2 years minimum and is the best thing available I'd buy it (I figure 30 dollars a year for a golf glove is reasonable)...PXG or not...I buy the best equipment for my game and could care less about brands.  That's why I'm a HUGE fan of MGS because they have the same philosophy.  

Finally - in regards to my comment about the inferiority complex...

This is the definition of inferiority complex from the dictionary:

"lack of self-esteem; feeling of inadequacy; lack of self-confidence."

I have a buddy who is a member of a fancy club.  He and his father have a pretty successful accounting firm and they needed a "tax write-off".  So he invites me to "the club" for a round with him and a couple other guys.

I have a 1996 black Toyota Camry... I pull into the lot and see nothing but luxury cars.

I park as far away from the clubhouse as possible.

I have a set of clubs which I got used that are years old in a bag from craigslist with balls that people have found and given to me.

I'm wearing a golf shirt and khakis that I picked up at the goodwill.  I have a pair of golf shoes I got on clearance 2 years ago that were a great deal but were a half size too big.

We get to the tee box and I see staff bags full of gear I can only dream of and guys decked out in the latest attire... 

Needless to say I felt like I didn't belong...some may say inferior.  (this all true)

Unfortunately golf is one of the few sports that can make you feel that way; anyone who doesn't believe that is the case is simply living in denial.  I know there are a lot of efforts to make it more 'available' to others but there is a lot of work still to be done.

TO summarize - I'm not judging you if play PXG or XYZ or ABC...noone is; no judgment on if you get the glove and say - hey, it's pretty good and 60 isn't that much.

If you find it offensive - again - I'm sorry, that really wasn't the intention.

It was just a conversation starter to ask what folks thought about a relatively expensive golf glove is all - nothing more, nothing less.

-----------------------

P.S.  If anyone thinks this has gone too far and is not in the spirit of the MGS forum then let me know and I will be happy to figure out a way to delete the entire thread.  I don't want to put a stain on this great community we've built here.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Not really. There are places for both end of the spectrum. I would feel really uncomfortable tho if someone got called 'stupid' or 'with a complex' for playing cheap equipment the same way it bothers me when people are being called that for playing expensive one.

Man, I've gotten told I couldn't play a course, more specifically in a tournament because my last name is Shanks. The pro shop literally asked me to use an alias. That is the ultimate insult. Forget equipment.

I agree while some people may act like their joking in this thread, some of the comments are really off putting

It's like when someone starts as sentence with "no offense, but...". Just because you start a sentence like that or say after the fact that they were joking doesn't excuse them from being an *******

Below are the moral codes for the forum.

Please keep this in mind when making a post.

If I could delete the thread I would but I don't have the access.

(MORAL CODES)

The Freedom of Speech Golf Forum.

• The members are what make a great forum.
  • We want you to be able to express your opinions.
  • Ask questions and share what you know.
  • Just a few simple moral codes we hope you follow below.

1. Avoid abusive language...try to look in the thesaurus for another word  ;)

2. Obviously this is a golf forum so political, religious and race comments would be better on a different kind of forum.

3. No reason for personal attacks fellas...remember this is just a golf forum and there honestly is no reason for them. We always encourage personal opinions. Just make sure not to criticize someone else for theirs.

4. Keep the porn posts on the porn sites...the MGS forum is obviously not the right place for it.

5. Product Advertising - (PLEASE READ) The MGS forum wants EVERYONE to feel like they can be a part of this forum and I encourage all companies to take part. In the end it will only make for a better forum and better content for the members. However...we are sure you understand that it is not to fair to have the exact same posting privileges as an Advertiser on the forum. So we have come up with the following criteria which we feel both encourages both Non-Advertiser educational posting and promotes the Advertisers product promotions.

ADVERTISERS - Will be able to post promotional info, run contests, post both pre-product and current product release photos, display contact info in signature, provide educational posts, promote coupons and discounts to members and highlight new product releases.

NON-ADVERTISERS - Will be able to post any and all educational type posts (not promoting your brand or products) and also display contact info in your signature.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

I know I know. I want to reiterate that I'm not offended. I really don't care what others think and it never really affected me.

But there is a lot of people that are less fortunate, and more self conscious.

I guess what I wanted to say is to remember that comments, jokes, 'playful banter' may affect people on course, and off it too.

It's like with Paige Spiranac. I'm not a fan, but it doesn't justify calling her stupid or wishing her bad. We should be spreading love in every direction and try to grow the game to as many as possible regardless of who they are.

I used to make sarcastic comments to people I didn't know that well, and after realising how some may be affected by it I developed a system -

Firstly I ask myself whenever or not it improves upon not saying anything. If thats a yes then i go to the next one and think whenever or not an ******* would say it. If I conclude that they would - I DO NOT say it ;)

Below are the moral codes for the forum.

Please keep this in mind when making a post.

If I could delete the thread I would but I don't have the access.

(MORAL CODES)

The Freedom of Speech Golf Forum.

• The members are what make a great forum.
  • We want you to be able to express your opinions.
  • Ask questions and share what you know.
  • Just a few simple moral codes we hope you follow below.
1. Avoid abusive language...try to look in the thesaurus for another word ;)

2. Obviously this is a golf forum so political, religious and race comments would be better on a different kind of forum.

3. No reason for personal attacks fellas...remember this is just a golf forum and there honestly is no reason for them. We always encourage personal opinions. Just make sure not to criticize someone else for theirs.

4. Keep the porn posts on the porn sites...the MGS forum is obviously not the right place for it.

5. Product Advertising - (PLEASE READ) The MGS forum wants EVERYONE to feel like they can be a part of this forum and I encourage all companies to take part. In the end it will only make for a better forum and better content for the members. However...we are sure you understand that it is not to fair to have the exact same posting privileges as an Advertiser on the forum. So we have come up with the following criteria which we feel both encourages both Non-Advertiser educational posting and promotes the Advertisers product promotions.

ADVERTISERS - Will be able to post promotional info, run contests, post both pre-product and current product release photos, display contact info in signature, provide educational posts, promote coupons and discounts to members and highlight new product releases.

NON-ADVERTISERS - Will be able to post any and all educational type posts (not promoting your brand or products) and also display contact info in your signature.

You can still edit your post to delete the whole "inferiority complex" comment.

Archived