TESTERS WANTED! ×

PXG golf gloves cost HOW much ?

StrokerAce

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can still edit your post to delete the whole "inferiority complex" comment.

I stand by my comment about the inferiority complex in golf; perhaps it was worded wrong.  If you have a question or comment about it feel free to PM me and we can discuss.... in the meantime I have edited it and replaced it with something different just in case it is misconstrued.  

Not sure if you saw it but this was my comment clarifying it...

Finally - in regards to my comment about the inferiority complex...

This is the definition of inferiority complex from the dictionary:

"lack of self-esteem; feeling of inadequacy; lack of self-confidence."

I have a buddy who is a member of a fancy club.  He and his father have a pretty successful accounting firm and they needed a "tax write-off".  So he invites me to "the club" for a round with him and a couple other guys.

I have a 1996 black Toyota Camry... I pull into the lot and see nothing but luxury cars.

I park as far away from the clubhouse as possible.

I have a set of clubs which I got used that are years old in a bag from craigslist with balls that people have found and given to me.

I'm wearing a golf shirt and khakis that I picked up at the goodwill.  I have a pair of golf shoes I got on clearance 2 years ago that were a great deal but were a half size too big.

We get to the tee box and I see staff bags full of gear I can only dream of and guys decked out in the latest attire... 

Needless to say I felt like I didn't belong...some may say inferior.  (this all true)

Unfortunately golf is one of the few sports that can make you feel that way; anyone who doesn't believe that is the case is simply living in denial.  I know there are a lot of efforts to make it more 'available' to others but there is a lot of work still to be done.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

First off let me say that this is a JUDGEMENT FREE ZONE.... no ifs, ands or buts...

Secondly - if anyone feels offended by this thread I'd like to extend my hand and say I'm sorry; this is not what was intended.

It's no secret that PXG gear is expensive. It's also no secret that makes them a target for a bit of poking, prodding and humor along the way. But I give Bob Parsons credit, he takes it and doesn't give a crap like the former Marine he is. I'm a former Marine, I love his attitude and I think his clubs are bad ass. Love the fact he uses MOS numbers on his stuff.... and honestly, if I could afford it I might play it. The intent of this was just to ask where people stood on it. It wasn't to judge those who choose to play PXG or whatever.... who knows, maybe a 60 dollar glove is worth it. For most of us that cost isn't out of question...and let me tell you something, if that glove won the coveted MGS Most Wanted award I'd bet that there'd be a lot of interest in it. If they told me that this glove would last 2 years minimum and is the best thing available I'd buy it (I figure 30 dollars a year for a golf glove is reasonable)...PXG or not...I buy the best equipment for my game and could care less about brands. That's why I'm a HUGE fan of MGS because they have the same philosophy.

Finally - in regards to my comment about the inferiority complex...

This is the definition of inferiority complex from the dictionary:

"lackofself-esteem;feelingofinadequacy;lackofself-confidence."

I have a buddy who is a member of a fancy club. He and his father have a pretty successful accounting firm and they needed a "tax write-off". So he invites me to "the club" for a round with him and a couple other guys.

I have a 1996 black Toyota Camry... I pull into the lot and see nothing but luxury cars.

I park as far away from the clubhouse as possible.

I have a set of clubs which I got used that are years old in a bag from craigslist with balls that people have found and given to me.

I'm wearing a golf shirt and khakis that I picked up at the goodwill. I have a pair of golf shoes I got on clearance 2 years ago that were a great deal but were a half size too big.

We get to the tee box and I see staff bags full of gear I can only dream of and guys decked out in the latest attire...

Needless to say I felt like I didn't belong...some may say inferior. (this all true)

Unfortunately golf is one of the few sports that can make you feel that way; anyone who doesn't believe that is the case is simply living in denial. I know there are a lot of efforts to make it more 'available' to others but there is a lot of work still to be done.

TO summarize - I'm not judging you if play PXG or XYZ or ABC...noone is; no judgment on if you get the glove and say - hey, it's pretty good and 60 isn't that much.

If you find it offensive - again - I'm sorry, that really wasn't the intention.

It was just a conversation starter to ask what folks thought about a relatively expensive golf glove is all - nothing more, nothing less.

-----------------------

P.S. If anyone thinks this has gone too far and is not in the spirit of the MGS forum then let me know and I will be happy to figure out a way to delete the entire thread. I don't want to put a stain on this great community we've built here.

So... How'd ya play???

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

So... How'd ya play???

I don't remember my score... this was about 3-4 years ago.  I think I shot somewhere around 92.  

I was really nervous until about the 15th hole.  :)

I did have a couple of nice shots...and the course itself was great.

The important thing was I beat my buddy who is a member!  He stinks, knows it and doesn't care... 

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

I don't remember my score... this was about 3-4 years ago. I think I shot somewhere around 92.

I was really nervous until about the 15th hole. :)

I did have a couple of nice shots...and the course itself was great.

The important thing was I beat my buddy who is a member! He stinks, knows it and doesn't care...

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Nobody makes gloves like they do.  Nobody!

Tour Issue Callaway GBB Epic Sub Zero 9° / Graphite Design P9003 TX  OR  Tour Issue Taylormade M1 430 9.5° / Graphite Design P9003 TX                        

Tour Issue Callaway XHot 3 Deep 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX                    Tour Issue Callaway XHot 3 Deep 13° / Project X T1100 95g 6.5

Tour Issue Titleist 915Hd 17.5° / Graphite Design DI-105 X                                Tour Issue Callaway BB Alpha 815 18° / Graphite Design DI-105 X

Scratch AR-1 v2 3-PW / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7                                        Raw Bridgestone J15CB 3-PW / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7

Scratch FIT 54°DS and 60°DS / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7                            Bettinardi H2 Forged 54° and 60° / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7        

Rotating 8802 style putters

It better give you a handy on demand for $60.

😂🤣😂🤣

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I'm beginning to think that they are selling gloves for $60 in order to stimulate conversations like the ones we are having in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

OK so I skipped all the banter and jokes but have been watching this thread progress.

Back on track, real question. What's PXG's selling point for these gloves? They justify the price for their irons through extensive fitting and full face milling, but how are they justifying the price on the gloves?

There doesn't appear to be anything remarkable or proprietary about them. What am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

That's the point. What is it that calls for the price? The brand name.

From what I understand it is the quality of the leather they use in the glove.  Similar to what is used in some of the finest vehicles in the world.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

From what I understand it is the quality of the leather they use in the glove. Similar to what is used in some of the finest vehicles in the world.

And I raise the BS flag. Hopefully this glove will be put through the ringer at HQ during the most wanted testing. I get a half season or better out of my $17 footjoy. If my math is correct I should be able to get roughly 2 years out of this glove? Doubt it.

And I raise the BS flag. Hopefully this glove will be put through the ringer at HQ during the most wanted testing. I get a half season or better out of my $17 footjoy. If my math is correct I should be able to get roughly 2 years out of this glove? Doubt it.

made with premium aniline leather...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aniline_leather

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

So I understand part of the cost of PXG clubs is the fitting process and I can see that. But on the glove are they'd going to fit me? Or is the glove designed to reducing sweating? I think when it all comes down to it its just the label. Kinda like the Tiffany's blue box. And I'm ok with that if someone wants that glove it's just not for me.

After 73 comments on e glove, I wonder if someone wants to bring up the cost of the bag.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I'll start a gofundme page if anyone wants me to buy this and test it out this season.

:D  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :P  :P

...especially since I started this bomb of a thread!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

If a $60 golf glove could turn this 11 handicap to scratch...I'm in !!!!!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

If that's the case I'll take 2 please!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

So, just ordered the glove and will review it ;)

Not all heroes wear capes. Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

I read the description stroker posted about the aniline leather. Definitely sounds super premium. Doesn't seem 100% necessary for something you're going to sweat in but it certainly meets the Rolex qualities that PXG embodies.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Stroker you're from Franklin, you must have played  Blissful Meadows in Uxbridge......

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

Stroker you're from Franklin, you must have played Blissful Meadows in Uxbridge......

One of my favorite courses in the area... play there all the time.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

this is ridiculous. My FJ gloves are just fine. And as Penick points out in his little red book, you don't need a glove.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 w/ Diamana X 70g B4 setting

Irons: TaylorMade R7 TP 4-PW S300 shafts 1* upright

Titleist Vokey Wedges 50-54-58

Cobra Fly-z 16.5 FW

Adams Pro Boxer hybrid 18*

6.5 index, RH, Cleveland, OH

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

One of my favorite courses in the area... play there all the time.

Thought you might have played there, being just up the road a bit for you...I usually play it once or twice a year.  Being that I have a membership at my local course, my wife sometimes discourages "road trips". Being that to her golf is golf. She wouldn't no the difference between Augusta and a neglected cow pasture. So, to keep peace and golfing as much as I want, I heed her wishes for the most part. Keep my road trips to about a half dozen a year.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Thought you might have played there, being just up the road a bit for you...I usually play it once or twice a year. Being that I have a membership at my local course, my wife sometimes discourages "road trips". Being that to her golf is golf. She wouldn't no the difference between Augusta and a neglected cow pasture. So, to keep peace and golfing as much as I want, I heed her wishes for the most part. Keep my road trips to about a half dozen a year.

Yeah... I hear ya on that.

I try to get around a bit. Blackstone national is nice too. Play a couple of the courses in Plymouth. Out towards Worcester, up around Cyprian Keyes.

I like variety!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Yeah... I hear ya on that.

I try to get around a bit. Blackstone national is nice too. Play a couple of the courses in Plymouth. Out towards Worcester, up around Cyprian Keyes.

I like variety!

I like Blackstone....to be a hypocrite from my Bubba posts....Cyprian is very nice, but it "doesn't fit my eye" to be translated into the King's English..."don't play well there"

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Archived