Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Podcast Interview with Adam Beach MGS

armour248

Hey everyone just wanted to share a podcast interview with Adam Beach, the creator of MGS.  We talked about Adam's history in the golf industry, the development of MGS, plans for the future of MGS, and discussed other aspects of the golf industry.  

https://sub70.podbean.com/e/episode-5-adam-beachmygolfspy/

just a quick edit...this is also available on iTunes, Stitcher and a few other sources. 

I will be listening to this later today once my wife leaves for baby sitting duty.  :D  That way I can concentrate on the entire pod and see what's up for 2018.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I will be listening to this later today once my wife leaves for baby sitting duty.  :D  That way I can concentrate on the entire pod and see what's up for 2018.

Update: 

This is really interesting !  Start up the pod cast, listen and you can still browse the forum.  Sell the oriental guy irons for $1600.00 and disregard the colored person...  His first job in golf was a wake up call.  I can see how Adam really wanted to take a then slimy industry and make a difference.    Good stuff!   

Cleveland

Update: 

This is really interesting !  Start up the pod cast, listen and you can still browse the forum.  Sell the oriental guy irons for $1600.00 and disregard the colored person...  His first job in golf was a wake up call.  I can see how Adam really wanted to take a then slimy industry and make a difference.    Good stuff!

I agree. Very interesting interview. Nice thar I can listen and still surf around.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

I agree. Very interesting interview. Nice thar I can listen and still surf around.

Yea it's the best of the golf info world.  Listen to the pod and cruise MGS!

I just learned that robots are not finicky concerning black or shiney putter shafts. But, people can identify and that is why people are better suited for testing purposes...  

Cleveland

Yea it's the best of the golf info world.  Listen to the pod and cruise MGS!

I just learned that robots are not finicky concerning black or shiney putter shafts. But, people can identify and that is why people are better suited for testing purposes...

I just learned that old guys can figure out how to listen to a podcast.

I just learned that old guys can figure out how to listen to a podcast.

Old guys rock!     ;)

Marketing is huge!  ;)

Non conforming clubs may or may not have a future pending OEM  interest....  ;)

Don't spend another penny if you're not sure a new product is better  :)

Cleveland

Old guys rock!     ;)

Marketing is huge!  ;)

Non conforming clubs may or may not have a future pending EOM  interest....  ;)

It would be interesting to see what would happen if they were to open up non conforming clubs for amateurs, wonder what the game would look like.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if they were to open up non conforming clubs for amateurs, wonder what the game would look like.

Yea for instance bring back belly and titty putters for the ams.  I'm sure there are many old dudes who are still using them and don't give a rats arse who cares however I'm talking about tournament  playing amateurs.  IMO it's fair for everyone if everyone has the freedom to use em. 

Make the game more fun and easier for those who are not blessed with the silver spoon of talent.  Trust me, it's still going to be a hard frigging game no matter how tricked up the equipment could possibly become. 

The last few minutes of this pod cast shines an interesting light.   ;)

Cleveland

Interesting comment at the end about how our reviews are 2500 words and people don't want to read that. Makes me think that if I'm picked for another review that I need to cut WAY back... True?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Interesting comment at the end about how our reviews are 2500 words and people don't want to read that. Makes me think that if I'm picked for another review that I need to cut WAY back... True?

People generally want immediate gratification.  They don;t want to read a review or put in effort,  they want the answer right up front.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Hey everyone thanks for listening and providing your comments.  That was my first ever podcast interview and I pretty much cringed through the entire thing when I heard it afterward.  Ugh.  The combination of hearing your own voice and being your own worst critic is a deadly one.  We'll have a ton more podcast episodes coming soon and the guests are great.  Our next episodes are with Shaun Micheel and are absolutely amazing considering his story as a professional golfer.  Anyway, feel free to throw any other feedback or critiques on here.  Thanks again.

I think you just have to consider that there are tons of different audiences out there.  Some guys don't mind reading 1000+ word reviews because they're really interested in the equipment, technology, development process, testing, etc.  The large majority of people definitely just want to know what is better than what.  In a product testing thread I think people will definitely appreciate a more thorough review.

• SPY VIP

First, sorry you had to listen to me talk so long.

Now regarding the 2500 words thing.

Basically there are different demographics for golfers. There are also golfers who digest information differently.  

Think of the future like we will provide the quality of MyGolfSpy but in formats designed for ALL types of golfers with the goal to help solve every equipment problem they have ever had.

We want to have all the answers to all your questions and concerns. Then help you secure what you want for the best price and get you the most money out of whatever you no longer want to own.

#TruthDigest

I always felt like the 2500+ word member reviews were more for the MGS members than the average Joe searching for the best thing on the market. If Joe wants a down and dirty, professional opinion, he can start end with the Most Wanted test.

The forum reviews are community events where members can see their fellow commenters experience the testing process. None of us are professionals but it's an opportunity to get to better know your fellow members and peek behind the curtain of a regular guy getting the latest and greatest equipment.

If MGS can develop something in the middle (also), they'll be unstoppable muahaha

I don't think that's much of a problem for the folks on this site.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Hey everyone just wanted to share a podcast interview with Adam Beach, the creator of MGS. We talked about Adam's history in the golf industry, the development of MGS, plans for the future of MGS, and discussed other aspects of the golf industry.

just a quick edit...this is also available on iTunes, Stitcher and a few other sources.

Great pod. I really enjoyed listening to it. Can't wait to hear more.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I appreciate the work that you guys put into a 2500 word review, but I understand that it's not the greatest for everyone. Especially on a small form-factor device.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Now regarding the 2500 words thing.

Basically there are different demographics for golfers. There are also golfers who digest information differently.

Think of the future like we will provide the quality of MyGolfSpy but in formats designed for ALL types of golfers with the goal to help solve every equipment problem they have ever had.

We want to have all the answers to all your questions and concerns. Then help you secure what you want for the best price and get you the most money out of whatever you no longer want to own.

Thanks for the reply! I've always wanted to be thorough in my reviews, first and foremost. In looking forward, it will be very cool to hopefully be a part of sharing info and data that changes the current methods, and is able to help others select equipment best suited for them.

I look forward to being a part, and watching it all! One day I'll be able to say, “You know, grandson, I was a small part of My Golf Spy back in-the-day...”

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Hey everyone just wanted to share a podcast interview with Adam Beach, the creator of MGS.  We talked about Adam's history in the golf industry, the development of MGS, plans for the future of MGS, and discussed other aspects of the golf industry.  

I really enjoyed listening to this, it is pretty cool to hear some of the history of how Mygolfspy got started and was very informative about the way testing is done. More content like this please!!!

Today, I will do what others will not so that...

Tomorrow, I will do what others can not

I really enjoyed listening to this, it is pretty cool to hear some of the history of how Mygolfspy got started and was very informative about the way testing is done. More content like this please!!!

Really appreciate it.  Most of our interviews so far have been with professional golfers...although today we did an interview with a golf journalist which provided some different conversation.  Hopefully we can provide more content on MGS, club testing and other similar topics in the future

Archived