Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
Kieldog (PMookie)

You’re a Tour Pro for the week... What do you snag first?

I'm watching the WM Phoenix Open and a thought passed through my noggin'. How cool would it be to be a Tour Pro for a week. Here's why: I'm a GEAR HEAD. I can't get enough of equipment, shafts, balls, gadgets, grips, etc. So, for me, to show-up on Monday and have ALL of the OEMs there with their wares out on display for me to hit would be insane. The BEST part about it??? “You like that one, Mr. Kielwasser? Perfect! Let's get it shafted and gripped and you can put it in your bag!” All for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

“Hmm. I like that grip.” FREE

“Hmm. I like this putter.” FREE

“Hmm. I like these wedges.” FREE

“Hmm. I like this ball.” FREE

I mean, can you IMAGINE?!?!?! Good gracious! It'd be like I'm Charlie Bucket and Willie Wonka opened-up his joint for me!!!!

Where would you turn first? Putters? Go to the range and try some irons? Wedges? Drivers? You're going to take them out on your practice rounds, so where would you go, and what would you grab?

I'd start with putters and putter grips!!!!

(This isn't what deal would you want, or which OEM would you have a contract with. It's this: you just showed-up on-site, Monday practice round... You can go anywhere to start trying clubs/grips, etc, where would you go? Putting green? Range? What are you grabbing to try?

Not what OEM do u want a deal with)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Easy. Evnroll ER2 tour black. Done.

Then I'd hit wedges. Being able to hit all different bounces and grinds in a PGA Tour quality short game practice area would be heavenly.

• Like 8

I'd let TM pad my wallet for a top-to-bottom deal of whatever they choose .......

Just kidding . I'd do anything in my power to represent the little guys on tour. Let's start with an MLA putter, K Sig ball, Hogan wedges, Wilson irons, and pick the rest from there.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Hmmm I think I'd rather take a couple weeks at an OEMs headquarters working with fitters to build the perfect bag.

But if I couldn't do that it would spend my time with irons, then wedges, then shaft lengths.

• Like 2

Personally I'd love a Footjoy deal. I enjoy their products from shirts to shoes.

You've just shown-up to a tournament, no soft-goods present, but you can go try anything and then put it in your bag... Where you heading? Putting green? Range??? And what are you grabbing to try?

• Like 1

I'd let TM pad my wallet for a top-to-bottom deal of whatever they choose .......

Just kidding . I'd do anything in my power to represent the little guys on tour. Let's start with an MLA putter, K Sig ball, Hogan wedges, Wilson irons, and pick the rest from there.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Are those guys at the Tourneys with their wares to try? Remember, this isn't what contract would you want, it's where would you go when you show-up Monday to try equipment at the tourney?

Give me a big contract with any oem. Front loaded payment too, so I can choke in the first tourney and still be paid. Free stuff is cool, but I'd rather have money to blow, guilt free. I'll be the Andrew Luck of the PGA

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

But where first? Putting green? Wedge range? Driving range???

Oh, Wedges for sure on a short game practice facility. Then irons, then putter, then finally driver/Woods last.

• Like 1

Wedge area for sure. All those grinds and they are just there waiting to adjust them to your liking? That's golf heaven. Then I'd have tochdck out some of the “tour only” putters.

• Like 2

Umm everything not nailed down?? Get totally fitted out by any major brand. Then enough balls, shoes, and polos to last a lifetime!

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 w/ Diamana X 70g B4 setting

Irons: TaylorMade R7 TP 4-PW S300 shafts 1* upright

Titleist Vokey Wedges 50-54-58

Cobra Fly-z 16.5 FW

Adams Pro Boxer hybrid 18*

6.5 index, RH, Cleveland, OH

• Like 1

Give me a big contract with any oem. Front loaded payment too, so I can choke in the first tourney and still be paid. Free stuff is cool, but I'd rather have money to blow, guilt free. I'll be the Andrew Luck of the PGA

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yup that big contract + cash gets you all the equipment you want plus the trophy wife.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Can I find the best caddy money can buy first ???   :D

I'd start at the hole and work backwards...and most importantly I would show ZERO brand loyalty; if a mixed bag is what works best I'd be fine...if all one brand works best that's good too.

• Like 2