Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
Kieldog (PMookie)

You’re a Tour Pro for the week... What do you snag first?

I think I would head to the range and grab a driver and test those $1000 shafts that mere mortals don't have access to.

Then would go with the wedges and try all the different grinds they have.

Leave irons and putters last, cause those are easier to come by during a fitting (I would think).

• Like 1

You've just shown-up to a tournament, no soft-goods present, but you can go try anything and then put it in your bag... Where you heading? Putting green? Range??? And what are you grabbing to try?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'd have to say the selection of wedges and grind/bounce offerings. I know what I like but to be able to have it done right there would be very cool

• Like 2

Soft goods are available, just not always visible. I am getting balls, gloves, and shoes.

Hard good wise it is definitely putters. I am going to try them all and come up with the perfectly configured putter.

• Like 2

Head to PING trailer and tell them, grab everything you've got and let's hit the range, we'll be starting with the G700 irons and then to the G400 Max, then we'll walk over to the short game area and put the new Stealth  Glide 2's  to the test.   Finish up on the putting green trying the new SIGMA and Valuts.

Oh yea, you better bring a Snickers bar, maybe two...We're going to be there a while!!

• Like 2

Head to PING trailer and tell them, grab everything you've got and let's hit the range, we'll be starting with the G700 irons and then to the G400 Max, then we'll walk over to the short game area and put the new Stealth Glide 2's to the test. Finish up on the putting green trying the new SIGMA and Valuts.

Oh yea, you better bring a Snickers bar, maybe two...We're going to be there a while!!

I am guessing that this will be the year of PING for you?

• Like 2

Oh and the massage trailer to loosen up the muscles. I don't think I'd change out my hardware, since I'm assuming that was what I used to get in the tourney. Maybe a training aid. I would setup a private vendor test of drivers,irons, wedges and putters away from the tourney.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

First thing I do is head for the green. After I'm fit for the flatstick, I'd be at the short game area until probably Thursday messing around with different wedge set ups!!

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Oh and the massage trailer to loosen up the muscles. I don't think I'd change out my hardware, since I'm assuming that was what I used to get in the tourney. Maybe a training aid. I would setup a private vendor test of drivers,irons, wedges and putters away from the tourney.

MDGolfHacker

Yeah, physio truck folks would know me well!!!!

• Like 1

To add some insight to this, I got to spend some time in the TaylorMade Tour Trailer during the Farmer Insurance Open a few years ago.   Wade the head fitter at the time, was very gracious with his time, knowledge and endulged us in a lot of tales form the Tour.

I was surprised to find how many non TMAG staff guys come in to look around and try.  And they are more than willing to build them up something to take to the range or for a pricatice round, hey after-all get it in their hands and they may want to put it in the bag.   But he said tour players run the gamete across the board.  There are some that only come in 3 or 4 times a year for a grip change or lie check/adjustment  and don't want to see anything new.   Then there are guys who may want to try something new every chance they get, or even fiddle around with their specs every so often.   Just plan gear geeks like a lot of us.   

We ran across a couple guys coming in and out while we were in there.   Justin Rose went back to work on one of his wedges himself on the grinding wheel, some are like that as well he said, just like to do their own work.  

• Like 2

Trophy wife...

I was gonna say something similar .... I'd go for one (or a few, ha ha ha ha ha) of those hot fitness models....

• Like 2

But the serious answer is also - short game area to test out a variety of styles of tour spec only wedges ..... also a real pro putter fitting would be pretty awesome.

• Like 2

Well since it's free I'd go driver, irons, fairway and hybrids.

Wedges and putter are all set, thank you.

Balls, balls, balls for certain, too. I'd stop by and grab me up some of those $60 golf gloves.

Sounds like a fun week.

• Like 4

Trophy wife...

I was thinking more along the lines of Cocktail Waitress or nightclub Hostess. Might get me to number one.

Seriously though, I'd start with short game area and clubs, then work back through the bag

• Like 3

Cameron Circle T, fitted / customized specifically to me.  UA would go bankrupt on what I'd snag from them! 

Ultimately I'd want the tour card to try to use late to get in to clubs/courses around the country

• Like 3

First thing I grab is a GSS Tour Rat then I am off for some new irons and woods. Swing by and get some Fourteen Wedges and head to the course.

• Like 1