Kenny B

Does Jordan Spieth have the yips?

Yeah, only Siths deal in absolutes. Let them make their own history. Saying they are the next.... doesn't do them any favors.

• Like 2

It's just like in any sport, he's going through a little slump. Nothing more but it's probably in his head and once he figures it out he'll be good.

It is unfair to compare the history to these guys.

It does hold water, because Seve is the one they compare short game too. Next it will be Phil. None of these guys are near as impressive as Seve, or Phil for that matter.

Let's compare a semi truck to a Mini Cooper. That's the driver analogy.

I could go on, but I'm sure it's baseless.

depends on if you're pulling an oversized load or driving in the city. You'll never catch me driving a mini cooper though let's just get that out there.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

He'll be fine, but to me it always seems like guys with lots of forward press are streaky putters, Stockton excluded. I don't see how it can NOT affect their aim. I know that Phil was definitely a streaky guy when he put a lot of forward press in his stroke.

• Like 2

He got engaged and now he can't putt. I'm married and can't putt either dang women! It's all their fault I'm sure of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to say the exact same thing!

Back to Speith, if you watch him putt, from any distance, you can clearly see there is something not right, he has always been sort of a average putter inside 5 feet. I don't care about the numbers comparison from this year to last year, I don't need numbers to see and watch that there is something off within his putting stroke. I am sure he is working on it, and at some point will get it right.

• Like 1

Back to Speith, if you watch him putt, from any distance, you can clearly see there is something not right, he has always been sort of a average putter inside 5 feet. I don't care about the numbers comparison from this year to last year, I don't need numbers to see and watch that there is something off within his putting stroke. I am sure he is working on it, and at some point will get it right.

What you are probably seeing is a lack of trust related to some changes he has made and his tinkering with the stroke during the round to try and make corrections.

I would liken it to Rory and his complete stroke overhaul. Until he trusts the stroke completely he will have a tendency to fall into old habits when pressure increases.

It kind of amazes me that these guys that climb to number 1 can never stay there. Except for my man DJ! Must be the hot wife keeping him there

• Like 1

It kind of amazes me that these guys that climb to number 1 can never stay there. Except for my man DJ! Must be the hot wife keeping him there

He could lose it this week.

I think Spieth is ok. Now let me turn the conversation around to me. LOL

I know you regulars have heard me say (or brag) that I'm a good putter. But over two rounds last week I putted horribly. Horribly! I had 4-5 three putts and missed several short ones of 3' or maybe less. Am I finished? Neh. I was certainly pissed but I knew it was only a passing thing that won't last. It's happened before. Spieth will get back in form and so will old Plaid.

$hit happens.

• Like 4

I'm not sure, but I don't think DJ is married yet.  

• Like 1

I'm not sure, but I don't think DJ is married yet.

who cares. She isn't going anywhere. She is still so hot! I remember the camera man couldn't take his camera off her arse when he won the US Open! WOW!

• Like 1

He will get it figured out, his overall numbers the last few years prove that. He is in a slump (to use a baseball term), at the end of the year his numbers will likely be the same as always. It is early, and lots of Golf left for the year. Right now it is a struggle for him on the greens.

• Like 1

If he putts poorly at the AT&T, does it start to mean something more?  Or will it just be attributed to the small, very slopey, poa annua grass?

He won last year by 4 shots.

He just missed a two footer for birdie on 1st hole of WGC. I think it is possible he has some sort of yip (mental issue) on those short ones.

He definitely has the tips!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

It's that “beard...”

• Like 2