TESTERS WANTED! ×

Putter Refinishing Companies

Since I can't get a black ER2 from Evnroll, I've decided to send my beloved ER2 out for refinishing for a nice black pvd look.

There are a lot of putter refinishing companies out there and I was wondering if anyone had experience/recommendations.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if I pushed you over the edge on this. Can't wait to see the final result.

Nope, not sure how you could have done that. I've actually been trading direct messages with Evnroll about it for a few weeks. Heck, I emailed them back in September about it they told me that they couldn't do anything at the moment.

I've been down this rabbit hole quite awhile already. Have a couple options lined up, just want to hear some first hand experience from people that have used one of these companies.

Have a friend who custom ordered a center shaft wide blade putter from Slighter Golf. Said experience was second to none. They also do refinishings and estimates.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2021
Driver: Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 9* w/ C.Kua Stiff

FW: Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 15* w/ C.Kua Stiff

HY: Cleveland Launcher Halo 19* w/ C.Kua Stiff 

Irons: Titleist 716 AP1 4-PW w/ KBS 90 Stiff

Wedges: Vokey SM8 50*, 54*, & 60^

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Laguna 2 OR OG Futura

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1/V1x OR Chrome Soft TT

Bag: Sun Mountain 2019 4.5 14way carry

Clothes: Nike OR Under Armour 

Slighter and BOS are the first 2 that come to mind.  I've not used either personally but I've read enough good stuff about them on the interwebs to recommend either.

I personally used Putterlounge maybe 5 years ago and they also did good work.

Spryevo completely redid a putter for me a couple years ago as well and the craftsmanship was fantastic.  They use a teflon coating though so not sure if that would affect the groove performance at all.

I also follow Wicked Golf Designs (golfwicked), Norcal Putters (norcalputters) and Labworx Golf (labworxgolf) on instagram.  They all have amazing pictures and look like they do quality work.  

FWIW Mygolfspy has featured Lab Worx before and had some putters done from them.  https://mygolfspy.com/bestingolf-labworx/

Also here's another MGS article with various companies that do customizations.  https://mygolfspy.com/10-companies-that-can-make-your-clubs-standout/?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

For me being in Northern California I'd go with Nor Cal Putters. His work looks incredible and his customer service seems second to none in all the reviews I've read on forums.

https://norcalputters.com/

I had a Slighter Made for me years ago and was really happy with the quality and the service, it was a new build, not a refin though.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

The closest one near me appears to be The Golf Garage - their work on facebook/instragram seems fantastic

He has a set of PXG irons that has a Demascus steel look on them. Incredible!

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

The closest one near me appears to be The Golf Garage - their work on facebook/instragram seems fantastic

He is in some facebook groups with me and is a good guy as well...also look into Putter Spa by Jrich......I can get you in contact with both of these guys personally (as well as Wicked Golf Designs).......Let me know if you want some help contacting them....they all do great work

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Interested in seeing how this turns out. I personally prefer black putters and would love to see an er2 in black.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I have a very small ding on my Bettinardi that hurts my feelings every time I look down. Is this something that can be easily fixed or will it take a complete do over?

post-67397-15088745716.jpg

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I have a very small ding on my Bettinardi that hurts my feelings every time I look down. Is this something that can be easily fixed or will it take a complete do over?

post-67397-15088745716.jpg

Looks like a chip in the plating.  Don't think  it would be an easy fix.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Looks like a chip in the plating.  Don't think  it would be an easy fix.  

That's what I was afraid of.  The thing is for the life of me I can't remember when it happened!  I always protect it with the cover on and don't remember it hitting anything hard enough to chip it.  I guess she's a fragile little thing.  :(

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I just saw your pm today (I don't get notifications or emails for some reason) but I'd recommend either BOS Golf or Kyle Campbell at The Golf Garage. If you're going BOS, they have options and Ms. Sherry can direct you in any direction needed. If you use Kyle, I'd recommend the black DLC.

I've done several myself but I don't do putters anymore because I just don't have the time with my normal job. I do more club builds now because I can do them as my schedule permits and still have great turnaround times.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

He has a set of PXG irons that has a Demascus steel look on them. Incredible!

Wicked Welding Inc in Dayton Ohio did those PXG's for him. Laser engraving and they're fantastic

https://m.facebook.com/wickedwelding/

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely a little late to the party on this but I got a Matte Black DLC finish put on my ER2 from NorCalPutters and it looks awesome!! I also got a matching black shaft too but these pictures are prior to that being installed.

IMG_0354.PNGIMG_0355.PNGIMG_0356.PNGIMG_0357.PNG

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Absolutely a little late to the party on this but I got a Matte Black DLC finish put on my ER2 from NorCalPutters and it looks awesome!! I also got a matching black shaft too but these pictures are prior to that being installed.

IMG_0354.PNG IMG_0355.PNG IMG_0356.PNG IMG_0357.PNG

Absolutely gorgeous! Notice any difference in feel in the Evnroll grooves with the coating applied?

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Nope! Still feels great and its still holing putts! I'm finding the black finish easier to line up properly and my stats are backing that up so far. Currently through 27 holes on the year I'm averaging 1.526 putts per green in regulation

Absolutely gorgeous! Notice any difference in feel in the Evnroll grooves with the coating applied?

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Damn good putting stats!

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

• 3 weeks later...

I've used Labworx and Josh does great stuff over there. That finish holds up great. 

However I will caution you that a lot of the finishes out there are great on flat surfaces but I've seen a couple finishes (from multiple putter refinishing companies) chip/flake on putter grooves. Mine chipped a little while playing a round on recently sanded greens. I think there was probably some granules that got in the grooves and when I went to wipe them off, it chipped/scratched the painted groove a bit. 

Just be careful with that Evnroll on sandy greens. If there's sand in the grooves, use caution when cleaning it. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

My Evnroll has been at The Golf Garage much longer than I thought it would be. I know he had some unexpected work trips that took time away from his projects, but we're now at 6 weeks when I was originally told 3-4. I understand things happen and his backlog isn't crazy - but I haven't received any sort of updates.

I've used Labworx and Josh does great stuff over there. That finish holds up great.

However I will caution you that a lot of the finishes out there are great on flat surfaces but I've seen a couple finishes (from multiple putter refinishing companies) chip/flake on putter grooves. Mine chipped a little while playing a round on recently sanded greens. I think there was probably some granules that got in the grooves and when I went to wipe them off, it chipped/scratched the painted groove a bit.

Just be careful with that Evnroll on sandy greens. If there's sand in the grooves, use caution when cleaning it.

If you're not getting DLC finish when going black you definitely shouldn't expect to durable of a finish. DLC is the way to go

Definitely interested in seeing a full shot of the putter, black shaft and all if you have one to hand.

I'm on the cusp of going to get fit for an EVNROLL and this is NOT helping whatsoever OP. I'm gaming an old Scotty Studio Select Newport 2.6 and although I love it, I'm sold by the look and feel of the EVNROLL.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Definitely interested in seeing a full shot of the putter, black shaft and all if you have one to hand.

I'm on the cusp of going to get fit for an EVNROLL and this is NOT helping whatsoever OP. I'm gaming an old Scotty Studio Select Newport 2.6 and although I love it, I'm sold by the look and feel of the EVNROLL.

Not done by the same guy as Jlukes but here is mine done in Black DLC with the Black shaft and Pistol GTR 2.0 installed. Feel is unchanged and fantastic!

IMG_0297.JPGIMG_0294.JPG

Jlukes have you gotten anymore updates on your Evnroll??

Archived