Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Rakes left in bunker or out of bunker

Bags

Not sure if I have commented on this before, but what I like to do is leave it partially in so the handle is sticking out and depending on the bunker, possibly sticking up. That way no one has to bend over to far to grab it. I think it's the courtesy thing to do.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IN the bunker and IN the middle of the bunker or the handle could stop a rolling ball on a sandy downslope.

Rakes left outside and usually in rough are sometimes hard to find until you stand on it and maybe get whacked in the face, or twist your ankle, or puncture your shoe

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Out. Makes the most sense since you have to rake the bunker from middle to outside based on where you entered the bunker.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

• 2 months later...

I thought of this thread yesterday. I played a course in a gated community that I hadn't played before and this was their solution. It was the first time I'd seen this and it wouldn't work too well for walkers, but since they don't allow walking it makes sense to me. Even the resident carts had them.0729180921a_HDR-01.jpeg

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I thought of this thread yesterday. I played a course in a gated community that I hadn't played before and this was their solution. It was the first time I'd seen this and it wouldn't work too well for walkers, but since they don't allow walking it makes sense to me. Even the resident carts had them.attachicon.gif0729180921a_HDR-01.jpeg

Course I played today does the same thing. Some people left rakes near bunkers because it's the only course like this in the area so people don't remember to take them with them back to the cart.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I thought of this thread yesterday. I played a course in a gated community that I hadn't played before and this was their solution. It was the first time I'd seen this and it wouldn't work too well for walkers, but since they don't allow walking it makes sense to me. Even the resident carts had them.attachicon.gif0729180921a_HDR-01.jpeg

I like it. Makes sense, I might get a rake for my cart.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I thought of this thread yesterday. I played a course in a gated community that I hadn't played before and this was their solution. It was the first time I'd seen this and it wouldn't work too well for walkers, but since they don't allow walking it makes sense to me. Even the resident carts had them. 0729180921a_HDR-01.jpeg

That is a neat idea. I would definitely like having that.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

My personal preference is rakes outside the bunker because I might get lucky and it will keep my ball from going in the bunker.

That's why I try to leave them out of the bunker, and closer to the tee than the hole. Might just save someone!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Have a kid holding the rake on every hole if not every bunker.

Golf isn't expensive enough yet.

This way, the club can pay the kids (prevailing union wage, I would certainly hope) and raise our dues...

Plus, we'll need to tip them on top of it.

That will teach us to play an elitist game!

• 5 months later...

I prefer them in the bunker, but find many left out between the bunker and the fairway as pictured previously.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Most courses I play have them out of the bunker and on the green side.  The times I or others in the group hit a rake is when they are left in front of the bunker.  It's probably the same guys who lay the pin perpendicular, a couple feet on the downhill side of the cup 😀.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Most courses I play have them out of the bunker and on the green side.  The times I or others in the group hit a rake is when they are left in front of the bunker.  It's probably the same guys who lay the pin perpendicular, a couple feet on the downhill side of the cup 😀.

At my course most greenside bunkers cannot be accessed from the green side; too steep.  So there are no rakes there.

Although it's not a penalty anymore to hit the pin when putting on the green, hitting the pin when it's put in a position that helps a player is still a penalty.  😉 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've starting leaving them in. But no clue why started happening one day and haven't stopped. I don't know what's right in the world anymore

I’d mention it B4 but in this area the courses want the rakes in the bunkers. I asked why and the answer was that most of the grass cutting, maintenance etc is done at night or dawn and this keeps the rakes away from the equipment.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Archived