TESTERS WANTED! ×

Fitting - one and only one choice

Really surprised there are so many votes for irons.  I would have bet driver would be number 1 and putter would be close behind.  

Initially I would have said driver but the previous responses have made me second guess myself.  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

100% Irons! Getting them fit seems to be the key to a higher degree of success from what I'm experiencing. I've found that having a clear and concise knowledge of gapping is essential, otherwise how would you know which one to select after you've drilled your tee shot into the woods? I am finally having my full bag evaluated this Sunday and am hoping to better understand where I sit with what I got. My #1 priority is to get an accurate gap chart made up vs. the one I've "guessed" on since getting started last September. Then I'll have my driver & fairways looked at, but it's gotta be all about the irons baby!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Driver without question. My lowest rounds ever are with off the rack Irons. Been fit the last few sets of irons and they have been hit or miss. Then again I am standard size height and wrist to floor for about every manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

It's a putter for me for sure. I use it the most and I have a lot of rotation in my stroke. Something to limit that (or how much I need to fix) would be great. If the pros can be this off, I think I need to make sure I've got something that is correct. http://www.golfmagic.com/equipment-news/dustin-johnson-changes-his-putter-sightline-proving-why-custom-fitting-key

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

I've never had a good driver fitting and I have that opportunity coming up soon at Club Champion.  I'm also going through an experiment with my irons with a local fitter who has the ping fitting cart.   This will be on going for a period of time as I try my irons on the course and checked via lie board, tape, and monitor. If not to my suiting my friend will tweak the demo iron until we get it right.  Once spot on I will have my irons sent back to ping to adjust the lie at the factory and paint the correct color code on the clubs.  

Driver fitting will be my most important from here forward as I want to find the best fit for me. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Really surprised there are so many votes for irons. I would have bet driver would be number 1 and putter would be close behind.

Initially I would have said driver but the previous responses have made me second guess myself.

Don't unless the second guess is putter.

I'm kind of stunned that so many people from MGS would say iron. We should know better.

It really should be all of them but clearly driver/putter lead the pack in regards to usage, importance and individual need.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm kind of stunned that so many people from MGS would say iron. We should know better.

It really should be all of them but clearly driver/putter lead the pack in regards to usage, importance and individual need.

Chose iron because to me it's that hardest to fit by myself. I can pretty easily get myself dialed in to a reliable driver/shaft combo, but getting proper iron shafts and distance gaps is a whole other ballgame

I'm gonna lean towards irons but putter is very close. I'm in the same boat as jlukes finding the right irons for me is much harder to do alone than the other clubs.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I was in this exact scenario and I chose driver. With what that one club costs I wanted to make sure it was the right one.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 w/ Diamana X 70g B4 setting

Irons: TaylorMade R7 TP 4-PW S300 shafts 1* upright

Titleist Vokey Wedges 50-54-58

Cobra Fly-z 16.5 FW

Adams Pro Boxer hybrid 18*

6.5 index, RH, Cleveland, OH

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

So I just finished my driver fitting, so I asked the fitter what she thought about the progression of fitting and what might be the next step in fitting for me. She said that typically what people will do is start with the driver, then do an iron fitting, then come back and fill in the gap with a long game fitting (woods/hybrids). Funny enough is that she never mentioned the putter fitting (which this company also offers).

But I really think it comes down to what are you struggling the most with in your game. For me, it was driver, so that's what I got fit for. If it was irons or putter, I probably would have been fit for that instead. Now that being said, I will still definitely go through a full fitting for my irons when it comes time to replace them (not just the typical box store fitting).

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

If, for whatever reason (financial, time, etc.), you can only get fit for one of the below which would you choose and why?

* Driver/fairway woods

* Irons/hybrids

* Wedges

* Putter

There are obviously benefits for each... getting off the tee and in the fairway... getting it on the green and close... getting it as close to or into the hole..

Where you at spies??

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

irons for me. Partially because those are my favorite clubs but also because they get used the most for me.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I said irons based on the fact that is the weakest part of my game. I've always been a good driver of the ball, short game and putting have maintained my handicap for years. You are correct driver/putter probably should be leader of the pack.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

Archived