PlaidJacket

Seeking: SLDR 14* 460 Driver

Our Sponsors

I'm starting to hedge my bet so to speak. I'm looking for a NEW or very slightly used TM SLDR 14* preferably with the stock Fujikura Speeder 57-S shaft. I'm only interested in the gray head. No white heads and no dents or skys.

I might also consider head only but I'd prefer both head and shaft.

If you or someone you know have one let's discuss. PM's are ok too.

Ha. So far no. But I'm not entirely finished working with it. I still want to try a few more shafts before I give up. It's a beautiful driver that reeks of performance and confidence IMO. I've been hitting it a little further than the SLDR but not as accurate.

I've been playing the Cobra the past 2 weeks with mixed results. Yesterday we had a big game so I decided to put the SLDR back in play and play it safe. I hit all drivable fairways except one and went on to shoot 3 over. Later one of the guys I was paired with stated that I was in the fairway all day. I haven't given it much thought till then but he was correct. Therefore, I'm going to find another SLDR to keep in reserve as my current one is 4 years old now.

• Like 1

Not sure what exactly the head would look like since it's listed at Value condition and the shaft is the 57 Regular.  But Global Golf has one listed for $80.  Use code used11 for 11% off used clubs.

https://www.globalgolf.com/golf-clubs/1026680-taylormade-sldr-driver/used/?lft=17

You could also try hitting up the other guys that reviewed that club with you back when we did the forum testing and see if anyone still has it.

I found a couple on ebay and one on Callaway preowned as well, but the shaft was wrong.  You may have better luck just buying it for the head and trying to find the shaft separately on ebay.

Good luck with the search!

Not sure what exactly the head would look like since it's listed at Value condition and the shaft is the 57 Regular.  But Global Golf has one listed for $80.  Use code used11 for 11% off used clubs.

https://www.globalgolf.com/golf-clubs/1026680-taylormade-sldr-driver/used/?lft=17

You could also try hitting up the other guys that reviewed that club with you back when we did the forum testing and see if anyone still has it.

I found a couple on ebay and one on Callaway preowned as well, but the shaft was wrong.  You may have better luck just buying it for the head and trying to find the shaft separately on ebay.

Good luck with the search!

Thanks for your suggestions. I didn't check GG but I will. I'm looking at all options: ebay, head only, shaft only, etc. I'll find it. Actually waiting on a reply from one seller who has a excellent one it looks like.

I'd like to have one in reserve. It's just been too good a club for me. Will another exact same model and shaft be as good? Worth a shot I guess.

Is the gray head the mini driver version? I saw some in UK and Germany eBay. Let me know if you need help with the logistics.

Is the gray head the mini driver version? I saw some in UK and Germany eBay. Let me know if you need help with the logistics.

No it's not Kanoito. Mine is what I call the basic old SLDR 460 (2014 model). Not a mini or an S or C version. If anything it's unusual due to having 14* loft.

Thanks for offering assistance but I think I can find one on hand here in the US. 

Sorry dude, I'm keeping mine. Just to tease, its silver 14* w/Fubuki K shaft

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sorry dude, I'm keeping mine. Just to tease, its silver 14* w/Fubuki K shaft

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I hear ya man. That's why I want another one on standby.

I hear ya man. That's why I want another one on standby.

Just checked, thought I might at least have a S shaft for ya but don't. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't necessary say there is anything especially "Hot" about the SLDR. Of course when it came out it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Like every club then and now.

I just happen to play this driver better than any other I've ever owned. As you might have read around here I'm currently testing and tinkering around with a Cobra Fly-Z+ to see if will earn a place in my bag. It's a beautiful club and I've had my eye on it since it came out back in 2015. I haven't yet found a shaft that works for me with the Cobra. I may use a shaft like my SLDR has and put a Cobra adapter on the tip and try that. If the Fly-Z+ doesn't pan out I'll probably sell or trade it. Honestly though, I'm perfectly happy to keep playing the SLDR. Maybe forever!

I just want a backup SLDR because one day I fear something will happen to it as it ages.

Hey Bill, 

I have a 14* SLDR but the shaft is senior flex.  It's a little soft for me, so I have been tinkering with different shafts.  I'm not quite ready to give it up, but if something happens to yours I would be willing to send it your way.  

Thanks for the offer Kenny.

I've been able to find SLDR's a plenty. From brand new to like new. I might purchase a new one I found. They're cheap IMO.

• Like 1

You guys are gonna laugh. But today I bought a brand spanking new 2014 SLDR!! Another $90 purchase for a great NEW driver.

As ya'll also know I've been working some with another NEW driver. The 2015 Cobra Fly-Z+. And I'm not through with it yet either. I need to find a good shaft so I might take it over to a local club where I can hit outdoors with LM and try some different shafts. I'd really like to put this thing in my bag.

As for the new SLDR it's my backup now. I've been pounding the original one since I got it back in 2014. It's a winner! So, if the FZ+ doesn't work out and my game SLDR breaks or caves in or something... no worries.

I'm loving finding these great drivers - Brand New still -  for cheap $$.

• Like 5

You guys are gonna laugh. But today I bought a brand spanking new 2014 SLDR!! Another $90 purchase for a great NEW driver.

As ya'll also know I've been working some with another NEW driver. The 2015 Cobra Fly-Z+. And I'm not through with it yet either. I need to find a good shaft so I might take it over to a local club where I can hit outdoors with LM and try some different shafts. I'd really like to put this thing in my bag.

As for the new SLDR it's my backup now. I've been pounding the original one since I got it back in 2014. It's a winner! So, if the FZ+ doesn't work out and my game SLDR breaks or caves in or something... no worries.

I'm loving finding these great drivers - Brand New still - for cheap $$.

Nice! So glad you found the SLDR-C!!! Helluva club... With the shaft upgrade, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

LOL I had to go reread Plaid's original post to make sure he didn't get a SLDR-C

But yeah, let me grab my popcorn...

I give. The one I bought is one of a kind. It's the SLDR C-S-Mini. I think that covers it.  ;)

Admirable restraint, here. Btw- is that tour issue? What shaft?