Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Remote electric caddies

I am looking for an electric caddy with a remote for my father.  He is about to turn 71 and last year started having problems with his knee while he was pushing his golf cart on hills.  He rarely played last year and couldn't play in tournaments with his friends so I want to get him a remote caddy for this season.

I have been looking at them online for a few weeks and not sure which to get.  I don't mind spending more if it lasts longer.  Light weight, easy to fold an load are a bonus.  I have looked at Kangaroo, Stewart, Motocaddy and Caddytrek.  Anybody have any experience with these?  All opinions welcome.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Thanks for the link, I read through the review.  Tipping of the cart on hills is a drawback since this is a main reason for the remote cart.  I would also prefer  something more proven in the market.  Knowing my father if something breaks he probably won't tell me and just stop using the cart and play less golf.

Driver - Ping G410

I've had very good luck with Bag Boy Navigator 2 have been using same cart for very close to 10 years a few batteries over that time under $100 dollars a piece

Navigator 2 is quite outdated it was about 1300 when I purchased

Cart is made by MGI top of line with all the whistles and bells around $2000 but they are offering others for around $1200 with fewer features

The standard seat that it comes with is very nice if play is slow

Just keep the cart out of water hazards and all is good

Hope that helps they are expensive but $12 a round cart rental here it pays for itself in couple years

Thanks for the suggestion Danno.  Looks good and 10 years with no issues is great.  I have put it on the list to consider.  I need to find the time to contact each manufacturer to clarify some questions with each unit.  I can ask about quality and longevity but expect them all to say their product is great which is the reason for the post.

I find it hard enough to try to decide what to purchase for myself but even more difficult for someone else.  Trying to figure out what is more important to my father, weight, features, accessories, ease of use, breakdown size, etc..  Even colour when it is an option.

Driver - Ping G410

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the suggestion Danno.  Looks good and 10 years with no issues is great.  I have put it on the list to consider.  I need to find the time to contact each manufacturer to clarify some questions with each unit.  I can ask about quality and longevity but expect them all to say their product is great which is the reason for the post.

I find it hard enough to try to decide what to purchase for myself but even more difficult for someone else.  Trying to figure out what is more important to my father, weight, features, accessories, ease of use, breakdown size, etc..  Even colour when it is an option.

So what did you find out and decide on? My course recently brought in Motocaddy S1 DHC's and I plan to take one for a test drive. 

Driver:    Titliest TSi3 - Tensei white stiff
Wood:   PING  G425 LST 14.5* - Tensei orange stiff
Hybrid:   PING  G425 19* - Tensei orange stiff
Irons:    PING i525 - Project X I/O 5.5 - 4-W
Wedges:     Taylormade MG3 52* and HiToe 56* Project X I/O 6.0
Putter:  TM Spider X HYDROBLAST (33", 3* upright)

Archived