What's your favorite golf YouTube channel?

I've always really enjoyed Peter Finch. Seems very down to earth and has some great content.

Also loves Golfholics footage and they seem to just have a lot of fun with what they are doing.

I'm sure there are many more out there that are great and I can't wait to watch some of the ones listed above. Hard to get too much good golfing content

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know what would be cool - a test!   Take a group of 5 players who do nothing but watch you-tube video instruction and another group of five who take lessons from a quality local teaching pro.

Who is your favorite golf YouTuber and why? Mine is Mark Crossfield for his daily vlogs. He gives great simple advice that actually works. Plus his content makes golf fun and enjoyable and not too ser

Just saw this and couldn't hit share fast enough. I really enjoy Mark Rober's work even before he did the stolen package bomb. For something golf related, check out this video he made trying to reprod

just caught this guy - MrShortGame... his story is he went from playing w/his grandpa for the first time at 18 to joining the SDSU golf team in a couple years...

anyhow - high energy/short videos that sometimes funny.

This one is interesting.  He wanted to simulate "pressure" situations in golf so he put an electronic dog collar on his leg and gave his son the remote; any time he faulted under pressure he got a zap.  kinda funny.

G410 LST | SpeedZone Big Tour | TM Sim Max 5 | Titleist 818 H2 | Z785 | ZipCore | Exotics DG-1.3

Ive always been a big Shiels fan.

But about 4 months sgo i discovered Alex Etches Golfbox and am s huge fan of his. I watch ecery review even if ifs a club im not interesred in

I randomly ran into him at the PGA Show and we chatted for 15 miniutes. I really could have talked to him for hours. He waa a nice as you could possibly be.

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

How I rank the golf vloggers (I actually watch):

1. Andrew Jensen
  2. Golfholics
  3. Mark Crossfield
  4. Peter Finch
  5. Rick Shiels
  6. Fried Eggs
  7. Me & My Golf

Also of note if you haven't been paying attention, James Wiltshire (aka Gorilla James from some of Crossfield's older videos) is back at it and preparing to compete in long drive. Watching that guy's ball flight is just pure gold every time.

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

I like Mark Crossfields VLOGS with the My Golf Travel guys. Fast paced 3 hole segments with great production values. I'm looking forward to this years offerings.

As far as the equip testing and instruction go, I'm less interested in any of the youtube channels. As a believer in the "it's the Indian, not the Arrow" theory I need to test golf stuff myself. 

• Like 1

Puttsaround is a really good exciting YouTube channel. He does have knowledge not sure what his background is (coach/pro) but he is straight to the point. I also enjoy the fact that he does have a swing net in his garage. To me that's pretty down to earth.

I'm currently subscribed to:

Shawn Clement-He's really easy to understand and has a simple task-oriented method of teaching that I like a lot.

Top Speed Golf-These guys are really wired tight! Very easy to understand and they have fantastic drills that really help.

Mark Crossfield-Great reviews and I love that wry British humor.

Fried Eggs Golf-Randy here has world-class production value, is incredibly funny, insightful and humble. This is the channel I look forward to seeing most often. I just don't understand why he doesn't have a billion subscribers yet..! Come on Spies, help him out! Randy is absolutely f-ing hilarious!

• Like 1

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Tour Experience Golf (TXG) is second to none when it comes down to fitting videos.  Extremely informative 

• Like 4

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:scotty-small: Phantom X 5.5 (2021)
:titelist-small: ProV1

You know what would be cool - a test!

Take a group of 5 players who do nothing but watch you-tube video instruction and another group of five who take lessons from a quality local teaching pro.

Guys must be willing to spend time practicing what they learn. Track them over a six month season and see what happens.

• Like 7

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

Take a group of 5 players who do nothing but watch you-tube video instruction and another group of five who take lessons from a quality local teaching pro.

Guys must be willing to spend time practicing what they learn. Track them over a six month season and see what happens.

I have already done this test for myself.  I took lessons from pros, did indoor lessons with video monitors etc.  I did all the practice that the instructors told me to do.  I got better, but it took a long time and the improvement didn't last season to season.  The problem was all the lessons were technique oriented, "fix this problem and you'll play better."  Albeit, I did have a couple fo playing lessons that were beneficial.

Last year I discovered Shawn Clement and his approach to learning the swing and (most importantly for me) the mental approach.  I improved dramatically.  This year the improvements have stuck and I continue to improve.  

This year I continue to do the drills that Shawn recommends, but have moved on to focusing on the skill side of things and a strong mental game.  The Vision54 books have been eye opening for this.  

For me, I had enough "fix the swing" lessons; they were a dead end.  What's Einstein's definition of insanity?  Shawn got me out of the rabbit hole of playing golf swing and on the course playing golf.  

As always, YMMV.  

• Like 3

Interesting idea but I think the test would have to be weighted somehow. Are you talking total beginners or someone knowledgeable about the golf swing. I think the results would vary significantly. You may also want to ad a category of personalized online instruction where the lessons is tailored to your swing.

I think the biggest problem with online is making sure you are doing the drills correctly and knowing which drills apply to you. Really no different than reading he 100+ cure you slice tips from any golf magazine.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

@cnosil

That is exactly why I have little doubt that the lesson group would do better regardless who the golfers are. The key is it must be a reputable local PGA pro.

With all due respect to alfriday I've had three such teachers in my life - none wanted to “fix” anyone's swing. All they wanted to do was help people play the best possible golf. However I know that there are guys out there like the guy you're describing. I think they have programs on you-tube. :)

And yes I absolutely agree that results may vary so that's why I'm saying take five for each group.

I would be happy to add a third group made up of folks who send videos and take lessons that way. I'd expect that group to finish in the middle. It may be the best option for some who don't have access to a reputable teacher.

• Like 2

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoy watching instructors working with amateurs struggling to break 90 or so.I really get turned off by instructors who always focus on their Star students.

Keep it in the short stuff

Shawn Clement is usually my go. Like his approach and ease of understanding.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Driver: Taylormade M2 - Fujikura Pro 60

3 Wood: Taylormade M1 - Graphite Design BB-6X

Irons: Srixon Z745  5-PW - UST Recoils 110

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3  54,60* - UST Recoils 125

Putter: Cleveland Elevado CB

Ball: Vice Pro

Dan Whittaker great videos, simple and well spoken!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester 

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Mark Crossfield by a country mile. The production on his vlogs are superb as is the content. Always entertaining and I like the way he challenges the 'norm' especially golf myths.

• Like 1

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Crossfield for entertainment

TXG for education

• Like 2

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:scotty-small: Phantom X 5.5 (2021)
:titelist-small: ProV1

I like to watch Shiels and Crossfield, very informative stuff they've got on their channel's.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

WITB:

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 hybrid regular shaft 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag

Tour experience golf (TXG) is the only YouTube channel i am watching regularly. They content is well done and communicated at a level anyone can understand. They do a great job explaining what they do to get an optimal fit for clubs. Their videos may appear long if you just look at the times, but that time just flys by.

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG