azstu324

"Non-golf" Golf shoes

Our Sponsors

In the summertime I wear FJ golf sandals (plastic spikes). Very comfortable. However if I'm playing club tournament I'll wear regular golf shoes since they have more support. 

These are my daily runners. Too bad the golf community and the minimalist community couldn't get together.. I've practiced in these. Definitely a different kind of golf. attachicon.gifmerrell-vapor-glove-2_men.jpg

Can you keep from falling over in those? I've been tempted to get a pair of those as well. Some say these:

https://www.amazon.com/Tesla-Trail-Running-Minimalist-Barefoot/dp/B06XFSZM8D?th=1

71zdY8ni54L._SL1223_.jpg

are the same as the Merrells.

Can you keep from falling over in those? I've been tempted to get a pair of those as well. Some say these:

https://www.amazon.com/Tesla-Trail-Running-Minimalist-Barefoot/dp/B06XFSZM8D?th=1

71zdY8ni54L._SL1223_.jpg

are the same as the Merrells.

Yeah I've seen these. These are clearly knockoffs of the Merrells. I would personally stear clear. 3.5 stars from 300+ reviewers is pretty poor. While the Merrells have nearly 5 stars from over 1000 reviewers. That said, I absolutely love these! Just a word to the wise, if you're just getting into the minimalist shoe scene, I'd recommend something with a little more padding to start out. If your feet are not properly conditioned, they will be sending you hate mail for a while. These are literally like wearing socks with a strip of rubber on the bottom. To others reading this, in the minimalist shoe world, this is fantastic and these are about as good as it gets. Its a hippie thing.. :)

You asked about not falling over in these.. The whole purpose behind the minimalist shoe revolution is to wear shoes that allow you to really feel the ground, therefore helping to stabilise your movement and walk closer to the way we we're all meant to walk. That's assuming that people even buy into this hippie stuff.. Which I do. How close can a shoe be to our natural bare feet? These are them.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Barefoot is so sweet. I play in golf shoes 99% of the time but barefoot when I can..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Holy sacrilege, Batman. The guys who wear golf shoes to spectator at tournaments are going to crucify you.

FWIW, I wear non golf shoes as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

1 eye on the ball, the other over my shoulder. I live a dangerous life.

Took a few swings with my mid top hiking boots, lots of stability. Probably getting some mid golf shoes.

I've only played in golf shoes, but have practiced in flip flops at the range. I prefer golf shoes with plastic spikes... Less worry about slipping during my swing on the course.

MDGolfHacker

This is a topic I am very much interested in.

I have a bad bunion from my time in the USMC being forced to wear ill-fitting shoes and I need something wide.  VERY hard to find wide golf shoes... athletic shoes are a bit more common but I walk as much as I possibly can and need something comfortable that won't hurt after 4 (?) hours on the course.  Love the new skechers go golf 2 shoes but they are $$$ !!

I have a bad bunion from my time in the USMC being forced to wear ill-fitting shoes and I need something wide. VERY hard to find wide golf shoes... athletic shoes are a bit more common but I walk as much as I possibly can and need something comfortable that won't hurt after 4 (?) hours on the course. Love the new skechers go golf 2 shoes but they are $$$ !!

My brother has a similar issue, and plays in regular Sketchers, extra wide. Some of their models have some pretty nubby soles.

Much more reasonable then the golf specific versions.

• Like 1

My brother has a similar issue, and plays in regular Sketchers, extra wide. Some of their models have some pretty nubby soles.

Much more reasonable then the golf specific versions.

Thanks!  I'll check those out.

I'll echo the thoughts on sketchers. Their trail sneakers are very good. I would avoid running sneakers with mesh only across the toes. Easy to wear through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a bad bunion from my time in the USMC being forced to wear ill-fitting shoes and I need something wide. VERY hard to find wide golf shoes... athletic shoes are a bit more common but I walk as much as I possibly can and need something comfortable that won't hurt after 4 (?) hours on the course. Love the new skechers go golf 2 shoes but they are $$$ !!

True Linkswear is supposed to be getting back to their roots with wide toebox shoes, but I imagine they will be priced at least as high as the Sketchers.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Played an official wet round in my vans ultrarange.. Light rain from hole 1 to 18.  Feet are mysteriously dry as a bone and traction was incredible! These shoes are legit! 

• Like 2

Played an official wet round in my vans ultrarange.. Light rain from hole 1 to 18.  Feet are mysteriously dry as a bone and traction was incredible! These shoes are legit! 

The soles look great for golf. Good to know.

I've played several rounds with Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 4. Very comfy. Plenty of traction. No lateral support however, so if you need it don't go this way

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Update: I just purchased these. Asics "Frequent" trail runners. $38 out the door. Super comfy and breathable. decent water resistance and I dare say they're more supportive than my Adicross'. Played in them Sunday and the grip kept me glued to the ground and wasn't too abrasive for the greens. 

post-76102-153659588487.jpeg

• Like 2