TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cobra F8 and F8+ Driver

chisag

Well some final work with my instructor 2 weeks ago and a switch to an x stiff shaft and I've officially never driven the ball better in my life. Last 3 rounds have been incredible from a driving perspective. Multiple drives of 300+ each round. One way miss its really a thing of beauty.

How does one go about achieving this mythical "one way miss"?

Congrats on the newfound distance and consistency.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking back in here. The new shaft is working magic. Played a shorter course today so only pulled driver a handful of times. Averaged 274 according to Arccos. Was a magical day with the big stick and I no longer have to worry about hooks. Only big boy slices when I don't clear my hips fast enough. Way more consistent though for sure.

Makes me curious what being fitted.for a shaft would do for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

... I have been going back and forth between the F8 and F8+ for this entire season. I appreciate the lower trajectory and lower spin of the F8+ so I have been really wanting to find a combo that gave me the best results. Changing lofts and changing shafts produces slightly different results but there were no night and day differences. That said, when I needed a good driving day, I would always play the F8 because for me it was just more consistent. The only drawback was a little too much spin and occasionally slightly higher trajectory than ideal, although I am not talking a big difference but in windy conditions or on days where I was really hitting each driver well, it was noticeable. I tried a Kai'li, Even Flow Blue, Mugan Black, HZRDUS Red and even an old school shaft in the Matrix Code 6 along with the Rogue Black Tour, my favorite shaft but none really changed the spin to a noticeable degree. 

... Of course getting fit by a Club Champion or Cool Clubs would be ideal but where is the fun in that? Especially since I have been fit in the past and know my range for best performing shafts. One thing I should have learned from all the Demo Days I have attended at the PGA Show thru the years is sometimes there is something that does not seem like it would work for me ... but it just does. A unique unexpected combo that comes together for a total package that performs better than I could have anticipated. So along those lines I picked up an Even Flow Black shaft to test in my F8 figuring it would lower my spin but I was also pretty sure the trajectory would also be low, as in too low. This has been my experience with stiffer tipped, lower trajectory shafts and it causes me to swing too hard trying to achieve the trajectory I am used to seeing. First drive was into a 15+ mph wind dead in my face. Nothing special for distance, but a little lower and bored thru the wind really nicely. OK, good start. Every drive got better and better and I only missed 2 fairways all day and by the last 2 holes I was really swinging freely and the results were exactly what I was looking for, a slightly lower trajectory and a little less spin. The unexpected benefit was how tight that Even Flow Black is while still maintaining a smooth feel and for me, that is a tough combination to pull off. 

... It was only one round and I need to play it several more times before declaring it the exact combo I have been looking for but so far I am very optimistic about the possibilities. I shot a 68 in very strong winds and playing almost every fairway certainly played a huge role in my score, along with a good putting day of course. I will post my results after several more rounds. But the moral to this story is, if you have the capabilities to try different combinations that you might not normally try, I highly recommend doing so. Chances are you won't find a better combo, but why not have some fun and give it a try. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

• 2 years later...
9 minutes ago, MRX23 said:

Is this a real Cobra F8 driver? I thought the only blue one was the Camo Blue. 

Yes it is, probably hard to find now. But I remember testing it back when it released and almost bought it on the spot.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Tried the Tour Edge Exotics EXS But my Cobra King F8 was more consistent......Tried the new Speedzone Extreme but found my Cobra King F8 was much more consistent....now gaming the PXG 0211 but keeping F8 as a backup.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

2 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Tried the Tour Edge Exotics EXS But my Cobra King F8 was more consistent......Tried the new Speedzone Extreme but found my Cobra King F8 was much more consistent....now gaming the PXG 0211 but keeping F8 as a backup.

... I am not surprised as I think the F8 is the best all around driver Cobra has produced. Newer drivers can reduce spin, change trajectory and can add a little distance but the F8 and Fly Z are still the most consistent Cobra drivers I have played. Gave my F8 to my son and he won't even demo another driver. It's important to remember for many that a reduction in spin is not always a good thing. Sure high speed players will benefit but the correct combination of spin, trajectory and swing speed have to be matched to maximize driving performance. When I went from my Xtreme to the Sim I picked up some spin which gave me more carry and in the desert just as much roll, but also more accurate. I hope the PXG works for you!

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I used the same shaft in the Cobra King F8, Tour Edge Exotics EXS & Speedzone Extreme.......the MCA Tense ck Blue...the F8 just killed it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder