Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Cobra F8 and F8+ Driver

chisag

Sigh... and my Epic is not even 1 year old...

I hear you man. The F8 and G400 Max hype train is real...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I hear you man. The F8 and G400 Max hype train is real...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I do like Cobra gear, but will never play PING equipment... so that cuts the loss in half... haha!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I do like Cobra gear, but will never play PING equipment... so that cuts the loss in half... haha!

Why is PING out of the question?

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I guess some folks have a disdain for certain brands however I can say for certain the Ping G irons are making a nice addition to my bag.   I hope to say the same thing this time next year.  ;)

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I'm still sporting the F6 3-4 the F6 Baffler 4-5 and the Bio Cell 2-3 Hybrid.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Bad experience with the rep, bad results with the ones I tested and most important: a guy at our club I really dislike plays a full PING bag. Haha yeah childish I know...

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I couldn't resist.

My local shop is just too awesome and so is my wife, so I had to jump on the deal.

On order is a

Cobra F8+ Black/Black

HZRDUS Yellow 65 6.0

If someone steals your bag, I promise it wasn't me. Only because it's a long way to travel.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

chisag-

How is the forgiveness on the F8+? I couldn't handle the drop in yardage with the F7+ mishits and recently switched back to a previous driver. The F7+ had some serious ball speed on the hot part of the face but if I caught one just a bit out on the toe or low on the face, it was a serious drop in carry distance. Yes, the weight was forward and I know that leads to a less forgiving driver but my main concern was spin and launch angle on the good swings. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

chisag-

How is the forgiveness on the F8+? I couldn't handle the drop in yardage with the F7+ mishits and recently switched back to a previous driver. The F7+ had some serious ball speed on the hot part of the face but if I caught one just a bit out on the toe or low on the face, it was a serious drop in carry distance. Yes, the weight was forward and I know that leads to a less forgiving driver but my main concern was spin and launch angle on the good swings. 

I found the F8+, with the weight back, plenty forgiving.  No noticeable difference in forgiveness when compared to my 2017 M2

You just do very nice work Chisag

I have yet to meet a Cobra driver that has fit me - that write up made me want to get back up on the horse and give them another try.

Great read

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

chisag-

... My experience so far is range only, although I did hit it rotating other clubs and hitting it in different directions to mimic playing one on the course. I think that gives you a good ball park idea about forgiveness but I cannot give a final opinion until I play mine when it counts. I can say the F8+ seems to be extremely forgiving with high toe hits as well as low on when the face hitting it at the range, something I did not find as much with the F6+ and F7+.  I loved my weight forward SLDR and it was the first driver in quite a few years to give me more yardage off the tee, but I ended up replacing it with the Fly Z because I just didn't hit enough fairways. The Fly Z probably cost me a good 5 yds on center hits but was so much more accurate, especially on slight mishits and I hit it probably 15-20 yds farther than my SLDR with my misses. Nothing like hitting it high on the toe and thinking "that is gonna cost me" to see the ball in the fairway and only short by 5 yds or so. 

... I will add the forgiveness of the F8+ compared to the F8 is much closer than previous versions with the big difference with the F8+ being a slight reduction in spin with both weights back and the F8 looking a little bigger at address which may give some more confidence. Of course with the weight forward the difference is more obvious. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

You just do very nice work Chisag

I have yet to meet a Cobra driver that has fit me - that write up made me want to get back up on the horse and give them another try.

Great read

... Thanks RK. I was never interested in reviewing clubs I was not passionate about. I started this 14 years ago when I asked a small OEM CEO why doesn't anyone go the the show and just write about the best stuff? He got me a pass to get in the show and I was on my own to start making contacts and writing reviews. I have no interest in writing about say a Ping G400 and saying "I do not care for the spider web on the crown which I find distracting or the hollow tinny sound which is better the the G Series but still far short of what I expect in a driver" because these are just subjective opinions and someone else may love the G400 because of those attribute. 

... Some years I am underwhelmed by what I find to be the best clubs at the show but this year was a banner year imo with the F8/F8+ drivers and fairway woods at the top of that list. They will not be the best clubs for everyone but I do think everyone should at least demo them. 

Great review! Can't wait to test it against my gamer.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

I used to be one of those who were influenced by the TV hype and Advertising for equipment.  Now that I have been on this forum and have read all the great reviews, and had the opportunity to test as well, I feel I am becoming a knowledgeable consumer.  My next set will be well researched, and methodically built.  Thanks for the great insight on Cobra, as it has been helpful as you put it to move over to the dark side.  :>)

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

... Selling many more drivers than expected is a nice problem to have ... if you are the OEM. Not so much if you are a customer. Hopefully it is an under promise and over deliver deal and they are available much sooner. I will reach out to Cobra and see if I can get some info on why the back order, although my contacts are in the Engineering and R&D.  

Bad experience with the rep, bad results with the ones I tested and most important: a guy at our club I really dislike plays a full PING bag. Haha yeah childish I know...

LOL. Not really childish, I was the same way about Callaway a while backfor the 1st and 3rd reasons you mentioned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

... Selling many more drivers than expected is a nice problem to have ... if you are the OEM. Not so much if you are a customer. Hopefully it is an under promise and over deliver deal and they are available much sooner. I will reach out to Cobra and see if I can get some info on why the back order, although my contacts are in the Engineering and R&D.  

Thanks.  I was at my local Golf Galaxy last weekend and they mentioned that the F8 has been their store's best selling driver so far.

... jlukes I got an answer from Cobra. Pretty much what we suspected: 

"Due to the overwhelming request for the F8+ Driver this year, we sold out (custom orders only) much quicker than anticipated. We have a large shipment coming in 3/7. Give or take a few days for quality inspections – the heads should be available for purchase 3/11."

Just traded in my Titleist 915D3 for the Nardo F8+! I have hit it a few times on the range so far and the feel is awesome but I may need to grab the 16 gram weight to help lower my spin a little more. Can't wait to hit the course with it though

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Great review. I have been playing mostly Cobra driver since the Bio Cell Pro. I really like the F8+ when I started reading about it. I hit it and it was good but not great for me. I really wanted to love this driver and I still may get one to test later this year.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

I couldn't resist.

My local shop is just too awesome and so is my wife, so I had to jump on the deal.

On order is a

Cobra F8+ Black/Black

HZRDUS Yellow 65 6.0

... My F8+ and F8 fairway wood arrived today, just in time for my month long stay in Phoenix. The F8+ at 44.5" with the 16gm weight came out to D1, exactly the swing weight I play my drivers. I put the loft of the 5-6 to 17.5* and am really looking forward to getting them and their Even Flow Blue shafts on the course. I already have a Cobra adaptor on my Rogue Black Tour 110 so it is ready if the EFB is not as magical on the course as it was on the range. 

Got my 16G weight in from Cabra today, for the F8+.

Looking forward to seeing what the difference is going to be.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

... My F8+ and F8 fairway wood arrived today, just in time for my month long stay in Phoenix. The F8+ at 44.5" with the 16gm weight came out to D1, exactly the swing weight I play my drivers. I put the loft of the 5-6 to 17.5* and am really looking forward to getting them and their Even Flow Blue shafts on the course. I already have a Cobra adaptor on my Rogue Black Tour 110 so it is ready if the EFB is not as magical on the course as it was on the range.

Went in for my fitting today ended up with the F8 being the clear winner. So I am getting it in tour length with the even flow blue 65r. Like you said in your review just an awesome feeling and sounding club. If the on course numbers are anywhere near the fitting this is going to be a game changer. Curse you for writing that review lol.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

Needed to kill some time today while I waited for my lady to finish her salon appointment. Stopped at the local shop and low and behold, it was a Cobra demo day. Is this a sign from above?!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Needed to kill some time today while I waited for my lady to finish her salon appointment. Stopped at the local shop and low and behold, it was a Cobra demo day. Is this a sign from above?!

Yes, yes it was lol

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Man I can't wait to get my f8+ in hand. Hoping the backorder clears earlier than expected