Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

New handicap system coming - WHS

hckymeyer

I suppose I don't have much of a dog in this hunt. I don't play tournament golf much any longer. I keep a handicap still but it's only because I might want to play in our club championship this summer. (but the way they run our club I don't think it even matters) Honestly and I hate to admit.... it's not accurate at this time because I don't turn in scores regularly anymore. It's probably about 2 points high. 99% of my golf is out at the club with the usual gang. We don't play handicap golf. Everything is heads-up. Even when I travel my handicap isn't even a thought and I don't turn in cards from those courses either.

I used to chase a lower handicap but found it put pressure on my game. After I gave that up my handicap/scores dropped.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Peaksy/Kanoito - Thanks so much for your great explanation of how things are done in your country. As a comparison, I turn in about 50 scores a year, but if 10 of then are tournament scores, it's a lot. I wish that weekly, low entry fee competitions were a regular feature of American golf.

I have friends in clubs that have regular games that, I suppose, are somewhat similar to what described. But not at the public course where I play most of my golf.

Time to talk to our pro.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I like the changes. It makes the system significantly less complex when traveling abroad and also paves the way to making golf a truly global sport.

With all the talk about shorter rounds and the rising interest in pay-for-play structures, I'd be curious if there are any talks about changing what constitutes a round for the purposes of handicapping. Also, I quite enjoy they increase in maximum handicaps - it shows the governing bodies recognize how difficult the game can be and the fact that complete duffers make up a large swath of the golfing population.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Archived