pulledabill

Are you a picker or a digger?

Was a picker most of my life. Now I am a digger. -3 AOA on irons and +4 with my driver.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

I used to go down after it pretty hard, but a couple years ago I switched to a shallower attack ala wild bill melhorn. Now I'm working my way back to a little more go-down-after-it but trying not to over do it. Hard to find a sweet middle spot. I do think shallow helps on thin lies or muddy wet conditions. But i think over all my gir went down a little with shallow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big time digger most of the time when I'm hitting it well. When it's wet, I take some serious scalps. MGB is right - hit the little ball first.

But as I get older, I've learned how to completely lose my posture and hit screaming head-high skulls as well. I get away with it off the tee. Not so good with a wedge.

• Like 4

Digger.I started as a picker for years, but over the last two years ,I've really started a more upright attacking swing to help me get a little more power in my old age.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

Mostly a picker. It helps out of fairway traps.

Oh..my nemesis...fairway traps

• Like 1

Depends on the shot. Sweep Woods and hybrids, Nip the 3-7, Pick the 8-PW, Bruise the wedges. Duff the putter.

Duff the putter...lol...literally

Kind of in the middle. Maybe more of a digger. If I have a shot where I want to pick it, I can, but I'd say I'm more of a digger.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I cracked up at the trophy pelt line! On a wet course in really good shape I'm the same way. I also thinned out my attack angle due to wrist issues.

It's fun to pull that big of bass out of the live well and show your friends

I'm a picker, but I can dig with my wedges to get that spin. I'm working on hitting more down on the ball with my irons though.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 w/ Diamana X 70g B4 setting

Irons: TaylorMade R7 TP 4-PW S300 shafts 1* upright

Titleist Vokey Wedges 50-54-58

Cobra Fly-z 16.5 FW

Adams Pro Boxer hybrid 18*

6.5 index, RH, Cleveland, OH

• Like 1

I think all of us pickers are trying hard not to give Mother Earth a sore head  :D ..  We're trying not to disrupt that pretty turf by whacking a big chunk out of it.  

• Like 1

Digger- and I know when I am not hitting the ball well- pulling up and hitting thin and right.. my miss...I need to keep my chest over the ball at contact. 

• Like 2

So my first thought for this was, that I Am a picker, but if it is deep enough, I will become a digger. 😂

• Like 2

I've almost always been a picker, but I have begun to change it up a little so as to make sure I'm hitting down and trough to get a good compression. It's not a 180 degree change, but maybe somewhere around 30 - 45 degrees. It's just enough that I'm beginning to legitimately take some turf with the shot.

I'm a picker for sure. I can take a nice beaver pelt if I want to, but typically I'm not taking much of a divot.