TESTERS WANTED! ×

Arccos Working on Integrated Grips

DPattGolf

I fairly new to interacting in the forums and I'm obviously not as connected in the industry as many of you are but I figured why not post this here and see what everyone thinks. Now this may have been previously mentioned (If so apologize for the double post) but I was getting some question answered by someone at Arccos and they mentioned that they have a new sensor set coming that would essentially open up the availability of Cobra Connect to everyone and not just Cobra users. The set would presumably replace the 14 screw sensors with 13 grips with specialized sensors (likely the same one used by Cobra) and 1 putter screw. Wish I had more solid evidence than just a conversation to share with everyone but its still a really cool possibility that I hope becomes a reality. 

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arccos is presumably suggesting that golfers lay out $300.00 every time their wrenches need to be re-gripped?

No, thank you.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Arccos is presumably suggesting that golfers lay out $300.00 every time their wrenches need to be re-gripped?

No, thank you.

Those $$ are just insane. I replace my grips once a season so they would want me to replace with arccos grips every time when I could just screw in their sensors instead. No thanks.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I do think it's a cool idea.  I think the goal of all these shot tracking systems is to become as inconspicuous as possible.  A system that doesn't require my phone in my pocket, no tagging, and integrated in to the golf club is probably the holy grail.

All that said I agree with downlowkey.  I'd have to see what the cost adder is to have that integrated into the grip.  My gut reaction is that it's going to be much higher than I'm willing to pay.  Plus think about how many sku's of grips are out there.  Between the different manufacturers, different models and different colors it's pretty mind boggling how many options there are.  Plus it seems very wasteful to have to replace a working tag just because you need to replace a grip.  Unless they can come up with some way of re-engineering the grip to make the tag removable it just seems like added cost without a huge benefit.

Considering the first thing I do when I get a club is usually replace the grip with what I currently play, I don't see myself being swayed to purchase this type of thing.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I have one Cobra grip with the sensor. (came with a secondhand shaft I purchased) I thought about putting it on my game driver and playing around with it a few times. If I don't give the thing away later I might consider removing the sensor and seeing about sticking it onto another grip. Should work I guess?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

To follow Meyer's post about the sensors. It wouldn't take any serious "engineering" at all to make the butt end of a grip receptive to holding a sensor. Just a small hollow space with a small lip to slip and secure the sensor under. Pretty sure a rookie engineer or CAD flunky has already designed this for Arccos.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

To follow Meyer's post about the sensors. It wouldn't take any serious "engineering" at all to make the butt end of a grip receptive to holding a sensor. Just a small hollow space with a small lip to slip and secure the sensor under. Pretty sure a rookie engineer or CAD flunky has already designed this for Arccos.

I agree it wouldn't be hard, but the cost of re-tooling all your molds would have to be pretty high and I'm guessing the grip OEM is going to eat that, not Arccos.  And either way it would mean we the consumer would be fronting the bill in the end.

Until Arccos, Game Golf and Shot Scope all get together and make a standardized sensor design I don't see any grip OEM taking the leap of faith.  And I see a standardized sensor happening right after all the club OEM's get together and make a standardized hosel adapter.

Until Arccos, Game Golf and Shot Scope all get together and make a standardized sensor design I don't see any grip OEM taking the leap of faith.  And I see a standardized sensor happening right after all the club OEM's get together and make a standardized hosel adapter.

can I also add credit card terminals?  <_>

This isn't necessarily for the new Arccos system but what if they made skinny sensors that could go underneath the grips? Like something that locks over (or inside) the butt of the shaft then allows you to slide your grip over it with minimal increase in thickness? That's the best of both worlds.

I think Arccos is took a big risk aligning with Cobra so closely but it paid off big-time because Cobra has made some awesome clubs the last few generations that are finally getting the recognition they deserved. If they want to grow, it makes perfect sense to work a little harder on a set that can be used with any OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

can I also add credit card terminals?  <_>

Not sure where you're trying to put your credit card, but mine has fit in any terminal I've ever tried to use.

This isn't necessarily for the new Arccos system but what if they made skinny sensors that could go underneath the grips? Like something that locks over (or inside) the butt of the shaft then allows you to slide your grip over it with minimal increase in thickness? That's the best of both worlds.

I think Arccos is took a big risk aligning with Cobra so closely but it paid off big-time because Cobra has made some awesome clubs the last few generations that are finally getting the recognition they deserved. If they want to grow, it makes perfect sense to work a little harder on a set that can be used with any OEM.

That's definitely a solution I would like better, but then you run in to someone who doesn't install with air having to remove grips to use Arccos.

Actually that's one of my gripes with the embedded sensors like Cobra uses too.  I'm assuming it blocks the air hole so you can't install them with a compressor anymore.

It looks like Lamkin is making several of their grips in models that will accommodate the Cobra Connect-style Arccos sensor. But for right now, it looks like you can only get the grips through Cobra.

https://www.cobragolf.com/cobra-connect-grips

https://www.cobragolf.com/tryconnect

Yes, it does look like you can pop the sensors out and put them into a different grip with the hole to accommodate the sensor. $10/grip is too much for a REL, though.

I'd love to see Arccos sell the in-grip style themselves, not just on Cobra clubs. I wonder if you can roll your own by buying a bunch of "replacement" sensors.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

We were told by our rep that you could buy the cobra grips with arccos for $7.50 a pop. Don't know if that is only for Cobra clubs, but that's what we were told.

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

$7.50 for a smart grip is a pretty good price. Seems like it'd hurt Arccos' profitability though, as you'd be able to buy an entire set for just under $100 (not including putter sensor) versus the Arccos hardware itself for $250. Granted you wouldn't be able to use whatever grips you want.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Arccos will replace any defective sensors due to battery failure for $5 a piece (if after their warranty period).

Assume, at most, that an arccos grip would be "cost of grip" + $5. That is premium but not completely outrageous. Plus, I would imagine that arccos price would come in considerably lower than that. 

I also wouldn't be surprised if they take the cobra or game golf approach which means you keep your sensor and would be cheaper still. 

https://mygolfspy.com/game-golf-releases-smart-grips-with-golf-pride/

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

I have the second generation Arccos sensors and like the way the system currently works. Any grip on the market works with the sensors. An integrated grip would limit what grips I can use.

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

• 3 weeks later...

That's definitely a solution I would like better, but then you run in to someone who doesn't install with air having to remove grips to use Arccos.

Actually that's one of my gripes with the embedded sensors like Cobra uses too.  I'm assuming it blocks the air hole so you can't install them with a compressor anymore.

The sensors can be easily removed and there is a small hole on top of the grip that allows the grip to be installed with air. I just did it with my Ping driver.

MS1DFyg.jpg

I think the analytics these things give are incredibly valuable and I do think something like this is the wave of the future but as others have said they have to find a way to bring it to the masses at a price point that everyone can afford, spending $300 every time you regrup your clubs is not going to cut it. Now if Arccos were to come out with some sort of trade up program where they sent you a new set of grips with sensors installed for the cost of the grips if you already own their smart grips and you returned the old ones to them or something to that effect....not sure how it would work, but I could see some sort of subscription program where you get a new set of grips with sensors once a year to install on your clubs for “X” number of dollars.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Sensors could be removed from the old grip  and replaced into new grips just like Cobra Connect can. You wouldn't need to be buying a new sensor if ur grip has just worn out. Only cost when re-gripping would be the price of whatever grip u had chosen.

I think the analytics these things give are incredibly valuable and I do think something like this is the wave of the future but as others have said they have to find a way to bring it to the masses at a price point that everyone can afford, spending $300 every time you regrup your clubs is not going to cut it. Now if Arccos were to come out with some sort of trade up program where they sent you a new set of grips with sensors installed for the cost of the grips if you already own their smart grips and you returned the old ones to them or something to that effect....not sure how it would work, but I could see some sort of subscription program where you get a new set of grips with sensors once a year to install on your clubs for “X” number of dollars.

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

I think it would be more important for Arccos to release the caddy function to work throughout each hole instead of just off the tee. If they can get it work and work really well. I'd spend money on regular Arccos enabled grips.

That is going to be very difficult to do because the "throughout the hole" part requires knowing exactly where the pin is on every green. As far as I know I don't believe there is any GPS on the market that is capable of doing that with possibly doing a download before each round at the course your playing. At the same time you are relying heavily on the course to post an accurate placement of the pins every day. On top of that though it still wont be able to assess your lie to provide a good recommendation. Kinda of the reason it only does it from the tee is because that is the only time your guaranteed a perfect lie every time.

I think it would be more important for Arccos to release the caddy function to work throughout each hole instead of just off the tee. If they can get it work and work really well. I'd spend money on regular Arccos enabled grips.

I agree that there is a reason why they only give distance from tee; however, knowing that your best score opportunity is based on percentages it would be really nice to know my percent are of hitting the green based on any location of any hole. (You can set the location of the pin) If the program can identify rough/fairway/green, based on a satellite image the it ought to be able to calculate accuracy accordingly. I think it's totally possible and because of the inadequacies of being an AI and not able to physically analyze lies, and not physically present caddie the players shot competency isn't at all diminished and still very relevant. It would be as if your partially incorporating Decade golf course management. Totally possible.

That is going to be very difficult to do because the "throughout the hole" part requires knowing exactly where the pin is on every green. As far as I know I don't believe there is any GPS on the market that is capable of doing that with possibly doing a download before each round at the course your playing. At the same time you are relying heavily on the course to post an accurate placement of the pins every day. On top of that though it still wont be able to assess your lie to provide a good recommendation. Kinda of the reason it only does it from the tee is because that is the only time your guaranteed a perfect lie every time.

• 4 weeks later...

Another awesome update from Arccos.

Starting in late May, a series 2 or 3 Apple Watch could be used to track all shots without keeping the iPhone in the front pocket. Also, around the same time, we are releasing the caddie 2.0 update for club recommendations after the tee. When this comes out, you can tap caddie at any location on the course and it will provide a club recommendation, however this will only be available on the iPhone screen for the time being.

Starting in late May, a series 2 or 3 Apple Watch could be used to track all shots without keeping the iPhone in the front pocket. Also, around the same time, we are releasing the caddie 2.0 update for club recommendations after the tee. When this comes out, you can tap caddie at any location on the course and it will provide a club recommendation, however this will only be available on the iPhone screen for the time being.

FINALLY! Any news anywhere online about it? 

Sensors could be removed from the old grip  and replaced into new grips just like Cobra Connect can. You wouldn't need to be buying a new sensor if ur grip has just worn out. Only cost when re-gripping would be the price of whatever grip u had chosen.

Thats the one. Hope that golf pride will make some grips too as I cant go back to normal after my MCC+4s 

.. however this will only be available on the iPhone screen for the time being.

☹️ Any idea when the Android version will bow its head?

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Thats the one. Hope that golf pride will make some grips too as I cant go back to normal after my MCC+4s

Golf pride is working on getting grips done with the sensors, but I know they are behind Lamkin and back ordered for a while.

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

That may get me to buy it finally.  I'll keep my eyes out. Thanks for the info!

:callaway-small: GBB Epic 10.5&deg - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: mini 1.5 14° - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: XR OS 16 Hybrid (3-5) - Fubuki AT 55/60 regular shafts

:callaway-small: Apex (6-PW) - Recoil 65 F3 regular shafts 1°flat

:callaway-small: MD4 Tour Chrome wedges (50W/54S/58C) - S200 1°flat

:scotty-small: Futura X 34" - Superstroke Slim 3.0

Just a quick point, you don't need to buy grips with the arccos sensors already built in. The arccos 360 have screw in sensors to your existing grips with a few caveats. The sensors are transferable to new grips of your choice, just unscrew them and re-screw them back into the new grips after you install them.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder