Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Arccos Working on Integrated Grips

DPattGolf

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI - I had posted this information on WRX.....

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For the replacement Smart Grips, the cost is $7.50/empty grip, or $10 for sensor+grip.  The smart grips come in a pack of 13, plus 1 screw in type sensor for the putter.  The cost of the grips is $97.50 and the sensors
are $52.50, representing about $200 less than the Arccos 360 sensor bundle.

Assuming that the sensors are comparable with Arccos 360 (which retails on the site for $250, but includes the tracking service), appears that the cost breaks down as follows:

$  50/yr  Arccos Caddie (optional)

2 yr cost   $250 (tracking only).  $350 (inc. caddie)
3 yr cost:  $250 (tracking only).  $400 (inc. caddie)
5 yr cost   $250 (tracking only).  $500 (inc. caddie)

****Feasibly, you could discount the cost here with the benefit of brand new grips and subtract $100 from the amounts, since $50 of the $150 is for the sensors.

2 yr cost:  $350 (tracking + caddie) (****$250 if you count only sensor cost as $100 is for the grip cost)
3 yr cost:  $450 (tracking + caddie) (****$350)
5 yr cost:  $650 (tracking + caddie) (****$550)

Given that technology (especially in this space) is constantly evolving, I can see myself upgrading to newer tech sooner than later. 2-3 yrs probably (ain't nobody gonna be using these in 5 yrs, let alone 10 yrs - the tech will be ancient). With my strong preference for the Smart Grips over the screw in type sensors,  the choice for me is clear.  I would pay extra anyway for the built in sensors over the screw in type, but with the above, Caddie is thrown in for just a small additional fee.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another forum poster indicated that Arccos has two different 'business models' going....  below is a direct reply from an e-mail inquiry......

Thank you for reaching out to the Arccos Golf Team. Yes, that is the case for the 2. The connect grips have the $99 a year subscription and that includes the shot tracking and the Caddie feature. The 360 sensors include the shot tracking and have the optional Caddie subscription. These are the 2 paths that management and production have decided to go with. You are welcome to go with the path that sounds better in your eyes. Do keep in mind that purchasing the connect grips that the cost of a normal set of new grips is close to the $150 that you would be paying. So it is essentially a fresh new set of grips with the sensors and then a subscription fee.

Just got an email from Arccos, making the connect grip as a stand alone. Pretty cool, I've been waiting for these. Kind of feel like it's an about time sort of thing.

Here's the link:

https://www.arccossmartgrips.com/?goal=0_b6568bdc3b-c9bf46e34e-120021613&mc_cid=c9bf46e34e&mc_eid=2858b623f9&utm_campaign=c9bf46e34e-Smart%2BGrips&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Arccos%2BGolf%2BEmail%2BSubscription&utm_term=0_b6568bdc3b-c9bf46e34e-120021613

Have another thread here. The weird caveat is that they require a yearly $99 subscription for performance tracking and their Arccos Caddie feature. Normal sensors will continue to not have the subscription cost attached from everything we have heard so far.

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Coming in late to the thread, from the one Shankster made today...

Caddie sounds pretty expensive for what you get. I'd buy the integrated grips if:

1. I could install them with air (LOL)
  2. I get all of the tracking/analytics features, minus the e-caddie. I'm still not entirely clear on what you get with the integrated grips (if anything) based on this post

FYI - I had posted this information on WRX.....

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For the replacement Smart Grips, the cost is $7.50/empty grip, or $10 for sensor+grip.  The smart grips come in a pack of 13, plus 1 screw in type sensor for the putter.  The cost of the grips is $97.50 and the sensors
    are $52.50, representing about $200 less than the Arccos 360 sensor bundle.

Assuming that the sensors are comparable with Arccos 360 (which retails on the site for $250, but includes the tracking service), appears that the cost breaks down as follows:

$  50/yr  Arccos Caddie (optional)

2 yr cost   $250 (tracking only).  $350 (inc. caddie)
    3 yr cost:  $250 (tracking only).  $400 (inc. caddie)
    5 yr cost   $250 (tracking only).  $500 (inc. caddie)

****Feasibly, you could discount the cost here with the benefit of brand new grips and subtract $100 from the amounts, since $50 of the $150 is for the sensors.

2 yr cost:  $350 (tracking + caddie) (****$250 if you count only sensor cost as $100 is for the grip cost)
    3 yr cost:  $450 (tracking + caddie) (****$350)
    5 yr cost:  $650 (tracking + caddie) (****$550)

Given that technology (especially in this space) is constantly evolving, I can see myself upgrading to newer tech sooner than later. 2-3 yrs probably (ain't nobody gonna be using these in 5 yrs, let alone 10 yrs - the tech will be ancient). With my strong preference for the Smart Grips over the screw in type sensors,  the choice for me is clear.  I would pay extra anyway for the built in sensors over the screw in type, but with the above, Caddie is thrown in for just a small additional fee.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another forum poster indicated that Arccos has two different 'business models' going....  below is a direct reply from an e-mail inquiry......

Thank you for reaching out to the Arccos Golf Team. Yes, that is the case for the 2. The connect grips have the $99 a year subscription and that includes the shot tracking and the Caddie feature. The 360 sensors include the shot tracking and have the optional Caddie subscription. These are the 2 paths that management and production have decided to go with. You are welcome to go with the path that sounds better in your eyes. Do keep in mind that purchasing the connect grips that the cost of a normal set of new grips is close to the $150 that you would be paying. So it is essentially a fresh new set of grips with the sensors and then a subscription fee.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Another downside is for those who have several different clubs that rotate in and out of the bag means you would need to purchase extra grips. Or if you can't decide on which driver... Could also be good making me commit to a certain setup... Hmmm

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Archived