TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hats

Dr Strangelove

I ran across the Under Armour H1 Storm Vent bucket hat at Golf Galaxy today.  It is extremely light.  

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

I have two Under Armour bucket hats. Don't remember the model or name but I recall something about being a “tactical” hat. Anyway, wet them with cold water and they are amazing in the summer heat which is their intended purpose. Seems to keep my whole body cool.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• 5 months later...

Come on guys, no one is pimping Payne Stewart?

PW_Amen_Corner.jpg

$30 for either blue or white of that from Pinehurst.

And yesterday I washed two white baseball style hats with a regular load of whites and bleach, and they are as good as new.

Yeah, probably not recommended to wash them in the washer and then the dryer, but I've got so many golf hats right now that if I had destroyed both of those I wouldn't have gave a crap.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I can get you an authentic sombrero, or at least the guy selling them out of his van says it is... he also has rolexes for cheap but they're a bit too flashy for me

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

This is my fav hat of the summer.....it's a trucker style with mesh around the back for better ventilation....and of course My Golf Spy logo on the front.

file-0CF4A069-6035-4A7F-8EF6-E9802333E551-11548-00000797B4179FA2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

You're lucky, Foz.

The stupid head restraints in the modern cars let you wear caps like that.

They don't let me wear fedoras, the hat style of my personal choice.

That's a very nice one, by the way, but how long can it stay white?

Probably just for the Summer.....but the trucker style mesh makes it a cool fit.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I have issues with them becoming stinky. I use this febreeze odor stuff but some hats are stubborn and hold it in. It's hot here in Georgia and plenty of sweating.

What do you's use?

Spray the hat with any good fabric cleaner or rug cleaner then place it in the dish washer on heavy cycle. If you spread it over the cup holders right it will not only come out clean and fresh but also with its original shape.

Caveat: you can also spread it over a small pot or Tupperware to maintain its shape.

Warning: if your spouse is the dish washer disregard the aforementioned process. 🤬

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I recently played with a friend and he said he really liked his hat.image000000.jpeg

Sent using the MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:    :ping-small: i20 8.5*, Project X Blue, stiff

Fairway Woods:   :taylormade-small: r9 3W 15*, r9 5W 19* Fujikura Motore 70 stiff

Irons:    :ping-small: i210's 4-UW

Wedges:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 55* :callaway-small: MD3 Milled S Grind 60* 

Putter:    :ping-small: B60i Isopur

I think it really depends on your level of paleness. Most of the time I go baseball cap, but I'm pretty pasty so if the sun is beating down I go large straw hat. Sometimes it gets in my back swing but no big deal, a few beers and it wont bother you at all.

WITB? 

Driver: 2016 TaylorMade M2, 9.5*,

Irons: 2017 Taylormade M2 4-PW,

Wedges: Bombtech 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot putter

Ball: Callaway Supersoft

• 2 years later...

Hi, you know, this works pretty weird. Since my childhood, I have not liked to wear any hats. For me, it was taboo, not cool in the circle of my peers. When I turned 30, I tried my first hat in my life. And then it started. I began to buy up all the shops with hats, I can not be pulled away from this dependence. Until now, I order hats for myself once a month on the website for Custom 6 Panel Hats. Try some classic hats. Start with this. You'll see, you'll get used to them. Make sure you don't get involved and become like me , lol. Although I will feel safer knowing that I am not the only one dependent on this

Edited by gretahucat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...