Sign in to follow this  
TheWahoo

How do I chat?

I notice in the bottom right side of my screen is "Chat Now".   Occasionally,  a message will pop up.  I assume someone wants to chat.   To those that have tried to chat with me, its not that I don't want to, its that I don't know how to.   Where can I find chat instructions?   

I just sent a chat

should have a popup window open; just type at the bottom.

If you want to chat with someone, just click on their name and the popup opens; type at the bottom

You may also want to check the cog wheel at the bottom of the chat window; see if you have the popup window box checked.  Should be unchecked.

• Like 1

I just sent a chat

should have a popup window open; just type at the bottom.

If you want to chat with someone, just click on their name and the popup opens; type at the bottom

You may also want to check the cog wheel at the bottom of the chat window; see if you have the popup window box checked.  Should be unchecked.

Thanks, Kenny.

I saw your popup, I tried to respond, but I failed.   I am such a computer dinosaur, this whole social media thing is passing me by.   But sometimes when I hear what happens in social media, maybe that ain't totally a bad thing.   I know that means that I'm not qualified or capable of doing any testing here, but that's not why I'm here or what is really important to me about this site.

• Like 4

Thanks, Kenny.

I saw your popup, I tried to respond, but I failed.   I am such a computer dinosaur, this whole social media thing is passing me by.   But sometimes when I hear what happens in social media, maybe that ain't totally a bad thing.   I know that means that I'm not qualified or capable of doing any testing here, but that's not why I'm here or what is really important to me about this site.

Tried to respond?  Were you able to type in the "Send a message" box?  Hitting return sends the message.  It didn't go??

Thanks, Kenny.

I saw your popup, I tried to respond, but I failed. I am such a computer dinosaur, this whole social media thing is passing me by. But sometimes when I hear what happens in social media, maybe that ain't totally a bad thing. I know that means that I'm not qualified or capable of doing any testing here, but that's not why I'm here or what is really important to me about this site.

Doesn't disqualify you from doing MGS testing. Most of the forum based tests don't require the use of social media.
  • Like 3

Doesn't disqualify you from doing MGS testing. Most of the forum based tests don't require the use of social media.

I guess I should have also mentioned that I have no idea how to post a picture.   I don't have an avatar because I have no idea how to make one.   When I suggest that I am a dinosaur, it's just the truth.

I guess I should have also mentioned that I have no idea how to post a picture. I don't have an avatar because I have no idea how to make one. When I suggest that I am a dinosaur, it's just the truth.

If there aren't already some tutorials, all it takes is asking for some help. I know that is sometimes hard to do, but we are generally a friendly helpful group of people. I would send you a how to post a picture/ change your avatar guide but I am on my phone(tapatalk) and I assume you are using the website. I can type something up later if you are interested.

• Like 1

If there aren't already some tutorials, all it takes is asking for some help. I know that is sometimes hard to do, but we are generally a friendly helpful group of people. I would send you a how to post a picture/ change your avatar guide but I am on my phone(tapatalk) and I assume you are using the website. I can type something up later if you are interested.

Thanks.  I thinking about taking some sort of computer class(es) at the local community college.   It sent me a catalog of what they label as "non-credit" courses.   Since these courses are more about personal interests, hopefully, I won't be the silly looking old coot surrounded by young Freshmen.

• Like 1

Don't think about it too much. We solve all the technical issues for our parents and grandparents, so we'll gladly help.

• Like 2

Thanks. I thinking about taking some sort of computer class(es) at the local community college. It sent me a catalog of what they label as "non-credit" courses. Since these courses are more about personal interests, hopefully, I won't be the silly looking old coot surrounded by young Freshmen.

Don't think you need to be surrounded by freshmen. Most of the young people I know learn by just trying vs. instruction.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Thanks. I thinking about taking some sort of computer class(es) at the local community college. It sent me a catalog of what they label as "non-credit" courses. Since these courses are more about personal interests, hopefully, I won't be the silly looking old coot surrounded by young Freshmen.

Wahoo. We can set up an evening or afternoon together. Bring our laptops to a Panera and set up shop. I'll go over a lot of things with you that you may have querying about.

It'll look like we're a couple guys doing big business

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Wahoo. We can set up an evening or afternoon together. Bring our laptops to a Panera and set up shop. I'll go over a lot of things with you that you may have querying about.

It'll look like we're a couple guys doing big business

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Thanks, Carolina.   But first I will need to get me a laptop.

Thanks, Carolina. But first I will need to get me a laptop.

No need to get one, you can use mine or CG2... Each person doesn't need a separate laptop. You can just login to MGS on any device. I was one of the ones that tried to chat with you so no worries on not returning the chat request 😁

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

Resurrecting a old thread with a new question... How do I chat? No seriously, I guess I never noticed the chat feature is gone since the new forum redesign. I guess I just send mails?