Sign in to follow this  
TSauer

GlobalGolf introduces U-Try

Just got word about GlobalGolf's new club testing program called U-Try. It allows you to try brand new clubs from the top brands for $25 per club. You get to try it out for 14 days with shipping & returns being free.

This could come in handy for those who aren't near any shops, and want to test out the recently dropped clubs.

I saw their president (I think) interviewed on TV at the PGA Show. Seems like a cool program.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Great idea actually.

When I lived in Sheboygan there was a course that would let you take anything out. You left your credit card number or ID. They had a crazy sick collection of clubs. I spent some money there. It would be worse now that I know enough to be dangerous.

• Like 2

That's a heck of a deal! No shipping?! REALLY good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I've always wondered why something like this didn't already exist. I don't see any restrictions to the lower 48 either *drool

• Like 1

Us lefties should like this since at least in my case there is little selection of clubs at our proshop, Dicks or GG.  

• Like 1

Interesting, thanks for this!

What happens if you sky the club? Do you have to buy it?

No, they have fees for instances like that. The most expensive one is $30 for shaft damage

• Like 3

Honestly I hope it's successful and they can expand their selections.  No Rogue SZ, F8+ or M3 means I'm probably not a customer right now, but I hope it works for them.

Next they need to add putters...that could be dangerous.

• Like 1

Honestly I hope it's successful and they can expand their selections.  No Rogue SZ, F8+ or M3 means I'm probably not a customer right now, but I hope it works for them.

Next they need to add putters...that could be dangerous.

They have all of the models you mentioned, albeit in limited shaft choices -- you need to click the drop-down for the standard Rogue, and it will give you the SZ/Draw. I'm tempted to order one so I can stick it on my current shaft, and compare all combinations of head/shaft between new and old. I'm assuming these all have the stock Callaway adapters on them, and they're not fitting heads with universal adapters like my fitter has?

edit: I can't spell in the morning

• Like 2

They have all of the models you mentioned, albeit in limited shaft choices -- you need to click the drop-down for the standard Rogue, and it will give you the SZ/Draw. I'm tempted to order one so I can stick it on my current shaft, and compare all combinations of head/shaft between new and old. I'm assuming these all have the stock Callaway adapters on them, and they're not fitting heads with universal adapters like my fitter has?

edit: I can't spell in the morning

Good catch, I completely missed the drop down menu's.

Now if I can just hold out until the snow is gone...

Do they take the $25 as part of the payment if you decide to buy?

Looks like it, yes.

From what I understand, they'll be including ARCCOS Driver in the deal, which you get to keep.

Seems like an interesting way to buy drivers for those so-inclined

• Like 1

Really tempted to try this out with the F8. I wish they'd add Ping to the lineup.

• Like 2