Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

All natural...... (minds out of the gutter!) no glove

south_paw51

I haven't in 20 years have warn a glove. Not about to start! I wanted to know thoughts on grips..... I have used Winn for the better part of that 20 years and now I'm looking for a change. They have become too soft and too fragile I feel. So what are your thoughts? What should be the next grip I should try?

It's been about that long since I wore a glove too.  I did for the first 5 years I played because everyone else was wearing one, but I like feeling the club without the glove much better.  I will put one on if I travel to play somewhere hot and humid.

I switched from Winn to Golf Pride NDMC maybe 8 years ago.  I liked them but they didn't last one season.  I switched to the Pure grips, and likely won't change to anything else.  I've tried several flavors of Pure; like them all but the DTX has a feel like corded grips which I prefer.  Installing with air is a breeze (pun intended); easy on, easy off.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm a no glove guy but have sweaty hands so I have to use cord grips. Have bounced around with Golf Pride Tour Celvet Cord, Z Cord, Lamkin Crossline full Cord, UTX, and right now playing the Golf Pride MCC Align grips which I won on a Facebook contest to try. Tried the Pure DTX but they didn't agree with me at all. Winn grips feel great in my hand but have no tack at all, I would probably be flinging clubs down the fairway farther than I hit the ball. Loving the mcc align but if they add that style to the Z Cord or Tor Velvet Cord I will probably switch immediately.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I too don't wear a glove, converted to gloveless a few years ago.

I currently have the Pure DTX on my woods and the Pro on my irons and wedges, but will be changing them all to the DTX. I like the cord simulation without tearing up my hands.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I also don't wear a glove. I use the MCC4+. I've looked into BestGrips as well and may make the switch on my next set.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Try some leather. I tried a BestGrips leather on my sand wedge just to see how it feels. I love it. BUT, I do not love the tacki stuff that the leather is treated with. It feels likeit would, but doesn't come off on my hand.

Great grip.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Archived