Sign in to follow this  
south_paw51

All natural...... (minds out of the gutter!) no glove

I haven't in 20 years have warn a glove. Not about to start! I wanted to know thoughts on grips..... I have used Winn for the better part of that 20 years and now I'm looking for a change. They have become too soft and too fragile I feel. So what are your thoughts? What should be the next grip I should try?

It's been about that long since I wore a glove too.  I did for the first 5 years I played because everyone else was wearing one, but I like feeling the club without the glove much better.  I will put one on if I travel to play somewhere hot and humid.

I switched from Winn to Golf Pride NDMC maybe 8 years ago.  I liked them but they didn't last one season.  I switched to the Pure grips, and likely won't change to anything else.  I've tried several flavors of Pure; like them all but the DTX has a feel like corded grips which I prefer.  Installing with air is a breeze (pun intended); easy on, easy off.

I'm a no glove guy but have sweaty hands so I have to use cord grips. Have bounced around with Golf Pride Tour Celvet Cord, Z Cord, Lamkin Crossline full Cord, UTX, and right now playing the Golf Pride MCC Align grips which I won on a Facebook contest to try. Tried the Pure DTX but they didn't agree with me at all. Winn grips feel great in my hand but have no tack at all, I would probably be flinging clubs down the fairway farther than I hit the ball. Loving the mcc align but if they add that style to the Z Cord or Tor Velvet Cord I will probably switch immediately.

I too don't wear a glove, converted to gloveless a few years ago.

I currently have the Pure DTX on my woods and the Pro on my irons and wedges, but will be changing them all to the DTX. I like the cord simulation without tearing up my hands.

I also don't wear a glove. I use the MCC4+. I've looked into BestGrips as well and may make the switch on my next set.

Try some leather. I tried a BestGrips leather on my sand wedge just to see how it feels. I love it. BUT, I do not love the tacki stuff that the leather is treated with. It feels likeit would, but doesn't come off on my hand.

Great grip.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy