TESTERS WANTED! ×

A PING Putter I Have NEVER Seen Before

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

I'm pretty sue this one came before Scotty's.

Was totally kidding. That's why I used the little ;) dude.

The PING is way cooler looking IMO anyway...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

umm, there is a reason most of us have never seen this putter..........

wanna know the secret to satisfying a woman everytime?...................................................................................................................................................who cares

The shape reminds me of the "Danser" putter that PING made in very limited numbers, a while ago. If I am thinking of the correct putter, the Danser was made of wood, with a substantial brass sole plate. This one has a very similar shape.

I don't doubt its origin a bit. Even the stamping of the sole, that little number, looks exactly like some of the work I have seen put out by PING in the past.

I wouldn't date this one as 20-30 yrs old, but at least in the early '90's..............wait, that is almost 20 years ago............holy cow! Funny how time flies by! :)

Great thread.

LaMont in AZ

It's a prototype of the Ping Bergen. The production model had the PING logo on the bottom rather large and the word Bergen about the same size in an almost handwritten looking typeface. Paintfill was Black for the word PING and red for BERGEN. Had Karsten to the left under Bergen and USA to the right under it. Had heel toe weighting with optics sightline. Lowered CG from the plate on the bottom.

bergen.jpg

That's now 2 for 2 on putters you've posted that I've identified... Am I an official Spy now? I need the headcover or something to identify myself with (hahahaha)

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

Yeah that is pretty close...nice find:

bergen_large.jpg

BERGEN AND FAITH

The Berqen is our first bimetal putter. It's made of bronze and aluminum using a combination of forging and casting. An internal cavity provides heel-toe weighting to resist twisting. e design keeps the head square and soft edges offer material in a silicon bro gives the Faith a unique look and fe exposed core creates 1. claws" which Sect to help focus the eye on the ball. Both putter are face-balanced with double-bend shafts and features centers of gravity located away from their faces for faster ball rotation to minimize sliding and skipping.

#TruthDigest

I had the Faith before during my 2-3 year putter buying spree in the effort to get rid of the yips.

Don't remember much about it. I don't even remember what I did with it. All I know that it was quite expensive new because it touted mixed materials.

We should have a putter trivia where the first person to identify the putter in question wins something (headcover, t-shirt, divot tool, something).

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived