TESTERS WANTED! ×

Watching LPGA

tony@CIC

Here's an interesting article - this probably applies to us mid and high handicappers more than anyone else. Having gone to LPGA events I can validate the points made here especially on the short game. 

https://foregals.com/2018/03/02/lpga-events-players-guy/?utm_campaign=apple-news&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=apple-news

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I am a huge fan of the LPGA and volunteer at my local event. I have said the same things the article states when taking with others about the LPGA. Having been to Web.cim, PGA, senior PGA, Symetra, and LPGA tournaments the majority of the women are much nicer than their male counterparts.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I have been to two LPGA events; both majors and I can tell you that their play is phenomenal.  Except for the long ball, their games are right there with the PGA tour players.  Playing from the fairway is crucial because of the differences in upper body strength and swing speed.  These ladies are very accurate.  It's not a bomb and gouge game.  My gripe is with the TV coverage.  It's better than it used to be, but I would rather see a little more LPGA coverage than multiple reruns of the PGA.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I love watching the LPGA. Probably prefer it to the PGA because they hit it a realistic distance. Sure I can pump one out to 300 once in a while, but 240-250 is what I'm usually at, and watching them has certainly taught me a thing or two

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Why would this apply to mid and high handicap golfers only?

I get to practice next to Brittany Lincicome on occasion as well as guys who play on the Hooters and Canadian Tour. There's not much difference in regards to how far she hits the ball and she's far more accurate. She's a plus 3 on the tips, 7200 yards, at our club.

Unless a guy is on the web.com or destined for tour stardom as a high level collegiate player she's beating him like a drum.

None of our pros will play her for money that's for sure. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Why would this apply to mid and high handicap golfers only?

I get to practice next to Brittany Lincicome on occasion as well as guys who play on the Hooters and Canadian Tour. There's not much difference in regards to how far she hits the ball and she's far more accurate. She's a plus 3 on the tips, 7200 yards, at our club.

Unless a guy is on the web.com or destined for tour stardom as a high level collegiate player she's beating him like a drum.

None of our pros will play her for money that's for sure. :)

Good point rev. I was thinking that it was related more to drive distance - assuming maybe wrongfully so that low handicappers drive the ball longer. I stand corrected - LPGA is for everyone

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Good point rev. I was thinking that it was related more to drive distance - assuming maybe wrongfully so that low handicappers drive the ball longer. I stand corrected - LPGA is for everyone

I suspect that most on this forum with higher handicaps than mine drive the ball further than I do; I know many drive the ball a LOT further than I do.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I love watching LPGA golf and agree with the article. It's always easier to relate to the women in regards to club distances and course strategy. I've only been to one event, the 2018 Women's US Open, and had a blast. I need to get out to more events.

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

I like watching the LPGA on tv when I get a chance.

Plus I go to the tournament in Grand Rapids MI every year.

Great time for sure.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I am a huge fan of the LPGA and volunteer at my local event. I have said the same things the article states when taking with others about the LPGA.

I'm so thankful that Kingsmill is keeping the tournament. It's like going to a major. My little one has a hat covered in autographs from last year. My oldest will be carrying a standard this year (if she can get off of work).

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

The ONLY thing I miss when I cut the cable a few months ago is the Golf Channel coverage of the LPGA. By the way if you haven't seen the leaderboard - Nelly Korda is at the top at -15 one shot ahead of Kang and 5 ahead of her sister. That would be a great overseas finish for the Korda women - Jessica in Thailand and Nelly in Singapore. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I'm so thankful that Kingsmill is keeping the tournament. It's like going to a major. My little one has a hat covered in autographs from last year. My oldest will be carrying a standard this year (if she can get off of work).

I am glad they worked out the extension as well.  I used to do standards , but switched to walking scorer after a couple of years since it allowed me to work 5 days instead of 2 which meant I got to see more players up close.  

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Ill play the other side of this...I'll play the bad guy. I don't watch the LPGA because I find it incredibly boring. When watching a professional why would I want to watch someone have the same yardage's as me. Now don't get me wrong they would whoop me no denying that. But convince me otherwise. Do you guys enjoy it because you just love golf that much have daughters that have their favorite? Because I know if my daughter had a favorite golfer I'd be watching with her

Ill play the other side of this...I'll play the bad guy. I don't watch the LPGA because I find it incredibly boring. When watching a professional why would I want to watch someone have the same yardage's as me. Now don't get me wrong they would whoop me no denying that. But convince me otherwise. Do you guys enjoy it because you just love golf that much have daughters that have their favorite? Because I know if my daughter had a favorite golfer I'd be watching with her

I would be willing to bet they hit it farther than you think. Way farther than you think.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Big fan of the LPGA, I'd rather watch them then any PGA event, excluding the majors.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I agree a much rather watch them with a strong preference to the US players.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

No less boring that the men's tour in my opinion.   Neither my wife or daughter like golf so that isn't a reason.  I like the fact that I can possible learn something from watching them.  I guess my opinion is also jaded by having volunteered or know people that have volunteered for various events;  the men are just generally less than friendly toward the fans and volunteers.    

Won't try to convince you otherwise;  not everything appeals to everyone. 

I don't particularly like watching the women either, but it's not the quality of golf that drives me away. It's the awful presentation. Boring announcers, no top tracer, terrible camera work, and no drama. I feel the same way about the men's European tour.

Couple that with the fact that they're hardly ever on major TV and I just can't get invested. Outside of Lexi and a few others, I have no idea who the rest of the field even is.

The men's game is compelling because there's so many players with distinguishable personalities that we get to see on a weekly basis.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Huge fan of LPGA golf. As much as I love the PGA tour, the LPGA is more like my game....er.....not....lol. But you know what I'm saying.

These women can flat out play! I don't care how good you think you, are as a male..... these women WILL kick your a$$ on a golf course!

No doubt they'd give me a whooping. Idk I just can't get into it. I'm

Also a huge fan of the nba and you couldn't pay me To watch the WNBA. So Id definitely watch the LPGA over the WNBA and that's by a large margin. It also feels like LPGA tries to tame these women down. Like they don't want them having personalities

I enjoy the heck out of watching those claws come out in the Solheim Cup!  I watch all of their major tournaments and have always had a hankering to view Sandra Gal.   ;)  Them legs go for miles....  :D

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Also a huge fan of the nba and you couldn't pay me To watch the WNBA. So Id definitely watch the LPGA over the WNBA and that's by a large margin. It also feels like LPGA tries to tame these women down. Like they don't want them having personalities

Dani Kang is all personality, all day. There are several others as well. They just don't get the exposure.

They are great with the fans. The Kingsmill Championship is basically their Players. There's a walkway from the 18th Green to the clubhouse, and there's a spot where kids camp out to get autographs. Every. Player. Signs. Everything. They are so great with the fans.

The TV coverage is subpar, however. That is absolutely correct. I'd buy a streaming package for better coverage.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

You certainly are entitled to your opinion. I think there's some truth to that last statement. At least there appears to be.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I enjoy the heck out of watching those claws come out in the Solheim Cup!  I watch all of their major tournaments and have always had a hankering to view Sandra Gal.   ;)  Them legs go for miles....  :D

If you can find a 2009 issue of ESPN's Body issue, Sandra Gal is tastefully pictured in her birthday suit.    Use the right words in a Google search, you might be able to find it.    

If you can find a 2009 issue of ESPN's Body issue, Sandra Gal is tastefully pictured in her birthday suit. Use the right words in a Google search, you might be able to find it.

As are Belen Mizo Suzanne Peterson, and Christina Kim

I found the ladies having a lot of personality. We we watched them last summer they were smiling and what I thought was a nice touch, the Kordas, Thompson and Lewis all walked to the volunteers tent to thank them.

Are they intense - of course they aren't playing for fun.

Left Hand orientation