TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Experience Golf (TXG) on YouTube

I am very glad that I have found this thread. Great videos on YouTube and very detailed. I have learned so much about gold since becoming active on this forum. I'm really interested in how all of these little fitting tweaks can enhance my game. Now at my next fitting I might actually be able to understand the fitter's terminology. 

:cobra-small: King F8 9 deg w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 stiff shaft

:callaway-small:  XR 16 3 Wood S Flex

:cobra-small:  Fly-Z 3/4 Hybrid S Flex

:cobra-small:  King F7 One Length 5-PW S Flex

:cleveland-small:  CBX Wedges 50, 54, & 58 deg wedge flex

:cameron-small:  Select GoLo Putter

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the should you shorten your driver shaft video last night. The interesting thing about all the video is how subtle changes in shafts can influence contact point and dispersion which in turn can increase ball speed and narrow misses.

The other interesting thing I see in the videos is that even though shafts are labeled as low launch low spin they may actually increase your launch and spin due to how the shafts works for you.

The OEM vs aftermarket video is good as well. Matt, The question I have is while OEM shafts are designed to fit the widest range of golfers, how often do people actually fit into the stock shafts?

From a new video perspective it would be interesting to see how a single shafts performance is impacted by different driver heads and the theory that once I have found a shaft, that shaft still fits me if I go to a new driver head.

Good question re: OEM vs. aftermarket shaft. We hope to make a detailed video on that soon. In terms of a quick answer, generally the slower swing speeds/higher handicaps can at times find a good fit with a stock shaft. Much less common with faster swings and single digit players. In terms of Ian's fittings though, usually a customer is coming in wanting the absolute best setup possible, and that's pretty much guaranteed to be an aftermarket shaft. Not just because of performance but also the massive amount of options available to tweak the ball flight.

Wow. This 20 handicap driver fitting is incredible. Dude picked up 30 yards of carry. Best video yet.

https://youtu.be/37eeDv5lmlE

It was nuts. I think I'd feel sick after knowing I was leaving that much on the table

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Wow. This 20 handicap driver fitting is incredible. Dude picked up 30 yards of carry. Best video yet.

"might be in shock" haha

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

These videos are amazing. The only issue that i have is that they are in Toronto. :(

WITB - New Drive, Irons, and putter for 2019. What could possible go wrong?

Driver:   :callaway-small: EPIC 
3wd:  :cobra-small: BIO Cell+ 12.5*
2hb:  :callaway-small: Diablo Tour 18*
4-pw:  :srixon-small: 765
52*:  :cleveland-small: RTX-3
56*: :cleveland-small: RTX-3
60*: :cleveland-small: RTX-3
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER 1

Pilots license might help a little more. But yeah, that's 2+ day drive.

Really nice to hear the support everyone, thanks! Just got a message from Brian (GolfSpy Meyer) and sounds like there is no issue from the admin team in terms of me continuing to chat with everyone here. Which is great news! Has been very enjoyable so far and looking forward to much more.

Just another example of why MGS is the best golf website on the internet. Won't take advertising dollars from big companies, and won't allow those things to force them to make decisions. Once again, another win for the good guys!!

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

These videos are amazing. The only issue that i have is that they are in Toronto. :(

Ontario is the centre of the universe my friend! :)

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Don't I know it.

Nothing makes that more apparent than living in Edmonton.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Don't I know it.

Nothing makes that more apparent than living in Edmonton.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

:lol: I love the Canadian chatter. Saskatchewan might win centre of the Canadian golf universe though, (pretty sure) statistically it has the highest participation rate percentage.

:lol: I love the Canadian chatter. Saskatchewan might win centre of the Canadian golf universe though, (pretty sure) statistically it has the highest participation rate percentage.

Yeah that cause there is only 5 people in the province and at least 2 of them play golf. :P

Must watch video up today on head vs shaft and what is more important in influencing ball flight.

Spoiler alert: it's the head

Another great video from the guys at TXG . I really appreciate all the information they are sharing; it is so informative and educational. Appreciate their taking the time to educate us on how they do they job and all the things that go into a proper fitting.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Man, now I really want to see what a G400 Max can do for me. I feel like a higher launch could really help me, but above all I want a dispersion like Matt's.

I don't think I appreciated how important it was to get fit until watching these videos.  There are so many more things that can be changed I never thought of.  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

Now that they have done shaft influence and head influence they should do a ball influence. What happens when you get fit with spinning pro v but actually play a low spin ball. Does the change in spin influence the fitting that much.

Reason for me is I did a CC fitting that showed my spin in the 2800/3000 range with proV but at MGS I see 2000ish with the Bridgestone ball. Is this the ball or difference between gcquad and trackman?

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

The amount of knowledge Ian has in terms of club balance and physics, and whatever else you want to call it, is amazing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Now that they have done shaft influence and head influence they should do a ball influence. What happens when you get fit with spinning pro v but actually play a low spin ball. Does the change in spin influence the fitting that much.

Reason for me is I did a CC fitting that showed my spin in the 2800/3000 range with proV but at MGS I see 2000ish with the Bridgestone ball. Is this the ball or difference between gcquad and trackman?

For sure, we've got a few ball videos planned for the near future!

Would be unlikely to see an 800rpm difference on the driver between two premium balls, I would think there's another variable in play there whether it's the launch monitor or not.

For sure, we've got a few ball videos planned for the near future!

Would be unlikely to see an 800rpm difference on the driver between two premium balls, I would think there's another variable in play there whether it's the launch monitor or not.

Thanks for the response. My guess would be launch monitor. I tried some clubs as I went to different shops and did see variations on the same driver between trackman, gc quad, gc2, and skytrack. This is why whenever I am comparing to my current clubs I need to remember to actually try my clubs in the launch monitor. Never know how the device is setup with regard to conditions.

Must watch video up today on head vs shaft and what is more important in influencing ball flight.

Spoiler alert: it's the head

I've watched a few of their videos and this one was one of my favs

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I've recently discovered their channel and it QUICKLY became my favorite youtube golf channel, by far.  It's super informative and in-depth.

My only complaint is that after watching their videos, I've realized how important it is to get fit... and now I have to go spend a ton of money on a whole new set of gear ;P

I think I'm up to date on all the videos.    My personal favorite was the fitting for Steve the 20 handicap.  I posted in the comments on the channel, he is my clone, I mean literally from height, swing style and LM numbers.  Seeing what the fitting did for him was phenomenal.

I'll say it right now, I'm volunteering to go to Toronto for MGS and film a video of Club fitting of a Club Ho, and tell my story of how I've tried just about every driver/iron out there some were self fit, some were fit by an OEM, so tt was limited to that OEM.   But for a true club ho to get an unbiased flitting form an expert like Ian, I think that would make for a great video and article for MGS!!  

@Matt...have you guys ever had a self admitted club ho come in and say I give up, I'm putting myself in your hands and will go with the results of your fitting.

I know probably more than a few on here are rolling there eyes at me saying, I'd go with the recommendation and not look back!!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I think I'm up to date on all the videos.    My personal favorite was the fitting for Steve the 20 handicap.  I posted in the comments on the channel, he is my clone, I mean literally from height, swing style and LM numbers.  Seeing what the fitting did for him was phenomenal.

I'll say it right now, I'm volunteering to go to Toronto for MGS and film a video of Club fitting of a Club Ho, and tell my story of how I've tried just about every driver/iron out there some were self fit, some were fit by an OEM, so tt was limited to that OEM.   But for a true club ho to get an unbiased flitting form an expert like Ian, I think that would make for a great video and article for MGS!!  

@Matt...have you guys ever had a self admitted club ho come in and say I give up, I'm putting myself in your hands and will go with the results of your fitting.

I know probably more than a few on here are rolling there eyes at me saying, I'd go with the recommendation and not look back!!!

If I was single I would already be up in Toronto for a few night stay for a full bag fitting. 

Archived