Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Tour Experience Golf (TXG) on YouTube

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Video is up, go find out what Rob is either buying or picking out of the closet  :lol:

UMBC in the house!  Lookin' good @GolfSpy Rob

WOW .... you hit a lot of shots.... you must have been tired by the end of everything.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I watched the TXG Bryson WITB video and was disappointed that Bryson's one plane swing technique was not discussed, or even mentioned.

My understanding is that Bryson and his instructor (Mike Schy of Fresno, California) , worked together forming Bryson's unique address position, including grip-posture-alignment, which promotes his one plane swing. Bryson and  Mike Schy did the one plane address-swing work together with developing his single club length equipment, believing the two concepts complemented each other.

We're pretty receptive to feedback, but it was a 52 minute video. Can't talk about everything. And to be honest, we don't see Bryson's equipment choices and approach to golf being something that's likely to benefit a big segment of golfers.

I watched the TXG Bryson WITB video and was disappointed that Bryson's one plane swing technique was not discussed, or even mentioned.

My understanding is that Bryson and his instructor (Mike Schy of Fresno, California) , worked together forming Bryson's unique address position, including grip-posture-alignment, which promotes his one plane swing. Bryson and  Mike Schy did the one plane address-swing work together with developing his single club length equipment, believing the two concepts complemented each other.

I found this one interesting in regards to his swing plane...

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I love all of the information that is so readily available for us now as golfers. Now the trick is finding the information that applies to our game as all swings are similar but different.

What a great channel overall. I especially enjoy the Why In The Bag series.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Breaking news: ( ) Rob's iron fit video is going to go up today. Burned some midnight oil working on it, in all seriousness I think the content of that session is going to be extremely valuable for players of all levels. Some of the discussion on swing dynamics and club performance is about as good as anything we've offered on the channel so far.

I knew Rob would represent. Way to go Rob cant wait to watch today on duty.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Breaking news: ( :lol: ) Rob's iron fit video is going to go up today. Burned some midnight oil working on it, in all seriousness I think the content of that session is going to be extremely valuable for players of all levels. Some of the discussion on swing dynamics and club performance is about as good as anything we've offered on the channel so far.

Watching now, thanks!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

16:20 chills bro chills

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Awesome vid guys, and great to see Rob having some fun :D

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Well everyone the secret is out, I don't have a picture perfect swing and hit a 6 iron 200 yards!!   #VideoDoesn'tLie #NoInternetGolfer

I could write  2000 words describing the entire experience (and I still might) but for now, I can't express enough thanks to Ian and Matt for all their time and efforts in making sure the fitting went well and that I got the most out of it...Boy did I.....You'll have to tune in to see.

So here it is, It's definitely worth watching the full thing, of course I'm biased.  But there are some fun nuggets along the way that you will miss if you just skip to the results!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

2/3 of the way through the video

So damn well done

I think Matt took his normal outstanding production work to an entirely different level in this one.  Don't want to spoil anything for anybody, but the part where Ian switches hats was so well done.  

Bahaha I was waiting for the reveal that you previously gamed 565s.

Too funny

You were the first person I thought of, and was fully prepared for the heat from you.  

16:20 chills bro chills

I didn't' believe what I was seeing on the screen.  I thought Matt must be doing some real serious live editing S*&*   :o

Very nice Rob. So did you go straight home and stick that Srixon combo set back in your bag immediately?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Very nice Rob. So did you go straight home and stick that Srixon combo set back in your bag immediately?

If I still had them I probably would have.  They did ask me, if I could track down who i sold them to.   I laughed and said I've sold a lot between then  and now, I have no idea even who it was.

Interested in a great price on a set of P790's  :D

Interested in a great price on a set of P790's :D

I'm pretty damn happy with my Hogan's, which, like your fitting video went into, excel at turf interaction. I think turf interaction is a very important part of a clubs forgiveness but it is often overlooked. Your video fitting showed that the wider sole of the P790's was getting caught up making it hard to square the face. And that was on a perfect lie, imagine now out of the rough or even a fairway lie that isn't flat. It seems most OEMs are concerned about maximizing the distance of a club by making faces hotter, while Srixon, Cleveland, and Hogan, all with their V soles allow the club to not get hung up and the head speeds aren't slowed down creating the need for a hotter face.

My biggest misses have always been hitting it fat or thin. Growing up on ancient blades it was always scary to hit down on a soft lie, the dreaded “beaver pelt” ever lurking. I played 3 rounds so far with my Hogan's and the last two I had zero thin or fat iron shots. I always have at least one real fat shot per round, but that is no longer an issue at all.

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

I'm pretty damn happy with my Hogan's, which, like your fitting video went into, excel at turf interaction. I think turf interaction is a very important part of a clubs forgiveness but it is often overlooked. Your video fitting showed that the wider sole of the P790's was getting caught up making it hard to square the face. And that was on a perfect lie, imagine now out of the rough or even a fairway lie that isn't flat. It seems most OEMs are concerned about maximizing the distance of a club by making faces hotter, while Srixon, Cleveland, and Hogan, all with their V soles allow the club to not get hung up and the head speeds aren't slowed down creating the need for a hotter face.

My biggest misses have always been hitting it fat or thin. Growing up on ancient blades it was always scary to hit down on a soft lie, the dreaded “beaver pelt” ever lurking. I played 3 rounds so far with my Hogan's and the last two I had zero thin or fat iron shots. I always have at least one real fat shot per round, but that is no longer an issue at all.

Very well said!  Great points. 

My favorite part was the TXG guys providing some swing guidance which helped you to then make some improved swings (and better recognize/appreciate how the heavier shaft weight/ heavier swing weight, and Srixon head design would perform with the improved swing).

In your golf background have you had any consistent and, or, regular instruction ?

I do think the "future of fitting" involves effective communication between player-instructor-fitter.

Finally, how is it that you came in with 1" inch over length TM's that measured a C8 swing weight ? An inch over length typically adds 6 swing weight points to a club. Shaft weight differences do not have much effect on swing weight, typically only one SW point per 10 grams of shaft weight.

My best guess (as to why your over length TM irons had such a low swing weight of C8, is that the installed grip model was some sort of mid size or jumbo size extra heavy grip.

Per the video it is was abandoned midsized grip

I enjoyed the heck out of that!   Rob, I remember you were hitting your Srixon irons very well when you came to my course to play.  ;)

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I enjoyed the heck out of that! Rob, I remember you were hitting your Srixon irons very well when you came to my course to play. ;)

Ha. Thanks for that reminder buddy

Ha. Thanks for that reminder buddy

That's ok partner as we all are addicted club Ho's ..... :D  Well 95 percent of us are. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

My favorite part was the TXG guys providing some swing guidance which helped you to then make some improved swings (and better recognize/appreciate how the heavier shaft weight/ heavier swing weight, and Srixon head design would perform with the improved swing).

In your golf background have you had any consistent and, or, regular instruction ?

I do think the "future of fitting" involves effective communication between player-instructor-fitter.

Finally, how is it that you came in with 1" inch over length TM's that measured a C8 swing weight ? An inch over length typically adds 6 swing weight points to a club. Shaft weight differences do not have much effect on swing weight, typically only one SW point per 10 grams of shaft weight.

My best guess (as to why your over length TM irons had such a low swing weight of C8, is that the installed grip model was some sort of mid size or jumbo size extra heavy grip.

As Jlukes mentioned it was covered in the specs of my 790's that I have GP MC Midsize grips.

Also as touched on, I wasn't fit for those by anyone. I took the results from the demo day of just hitting it without a LM and combined it with some previous specs. So a Hodge Podge of self fitting.

As for instructor. No full time insfructor at our course presently. But I did start a lesson with another head pro in the area a few weeks ago.

Love the videos, guys! Really hoping you and Crossfield can get together for a shaft video in the future! I think you will be more in line than people are trying to make it seem. Especially since it is obvious that you both simply want people to play better golf and have fun doing it.

One topic that I would find particularly interesting is whether or not puring/spining a shaft makes a difference in performance. I know that is not something you do at TXG because of the quality of the shafts you fit, but there is good debate on whether it really makes a difference. If you could even do it with different level golfers that would be great!

Driver: TS3, 9* (C1 setting, surefit cartridge in fade setting)

3/4 Wood: 917D2, 16.5 degrees (D1 setting, surefit cartridge neutral)

Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2, 19 degrees (C3 setting, surefit cartridge neutral)

Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-Iron (23 degrees); Mizuno MP-18 SC 5-iron(26) and 6-iron(30); Mizuno MP-18 7-iron(34), 8-iron(38), 9-iron(42), and P Wedge(46). Nippon Modus 120x shafts. 1 degree upright.

Wedges: Mizuno S-18 50, 54, and 58 degrees. 50 is 1 degree upright, 54 and 58 are standard lie. Nippon Modus 120x, soft stepped in the 54 and 58.

Putter: Evnroll ER1

Right-handed

Atlanta, GA

One topic that I would find particularly interesting is whether or not puring/spining a shaft makes a difference in performance. I know that is not something you do at TXG because of the quality of the shafts you fit, but there is good debate on whether it really makes a difference. If you could even do it with different level golfers that would be great!

I think it was the latest in the bag video that Ian touched on puring of shafts.  The basic answer was that generally most name brand shafts are of high enough quality that it isn't needed 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Really enjoyed the video and while not to spoil it for anyone that hasn't watched I think it provides a great perspective on the role of a club fitter.  Higher skill golfers need more equipment centric fittings to maximize club performance and as skill level decreases (not a knock on you Rob) the role starts to move toward instruction and helping compliment what the player is trying to fix.  Videos are running together but I think it was one of the recent in the bag videos where Ian was discussing how even with swing changes from instruction, the way the person loads the shaft and tempo probably won't change so the fitting results wont be invalidated.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I think it was the latest in the bag video that Ian touched on puring of shafts.  The basic answer was that generally most name brand shafts are of high enough quality that it isn't needed

Yeah, I saw that one. It still would be neat to actually see it, though, especially since others disagree. Maybe they can even do it with a higher and lower quality shaft to prove what Ian was saying.

Driver: TS3, 9* (C1 setting, surefit cartridge in fade setting)

3/4 Wood: 917D2, 16.5 degrees (D1 setting, surefit cartridge neutral)

Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2, 19 degrees (C3 setting, surefit cartridge neutral)

Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-Iron (23 degrees); Mizuno MP-18 SC 5-iron(26) and 6-iron(30); Mizuno MP-18 7-iron(34), 8-iron(38), 9-iron(42), and P Wedge(46). Nippon Modus 120x shafts. 1 degree upright.

Wedges: Mizuno S-18 50, 54, and 58 degrees. 50 is 1 degree upright, 54 and 58 are standard lie. Nippon Modus 120x, soft stepped in the 54 and 58.

Putter: Evnroll ER1

Right-handed

Atlanta, GA

Archived